Community > Posts By > JimUK

JimUK's photo
Mon 01/11/10 03:58 AM
Were there anyone else like me who spent christmas alone, if so how did you cope with it...I had the most miserable time of my life...

JimUK's photo
Thu 12/17/09 04:42 PM
other times she just puts something behind her ears.....

Her feet!!

JimUK's photo
Thu 12/17/09 04:41 PM
Sorry....Chanel No9...LOL

JimUK's photo
Thu 12/17/09 04:39 PM
Chanel No5

JimUK's photo
Sun 11/22/09 05:25 PM
Anyone like me spending christmas alone? If so what are your plans...I mean how are you going to spend your day...Me I'll be cooking, watching TV, going online to send christmas greetings to everyone far and wide. maybe pull out a few DVDs and watch the opening credits and closing credits..LOL It take me 3 months to watch a DVD!! think my arm chair is soaked in chloroform..LOL Any tips for the day?

JimUK's photo
Sun 10/19/08 05:47 PM
Christ!!! You women can't half rabbit on!! All you have to do is delete the bloody replies if you don't like them...Just like the TV or radio...
If you don't like it switch it off!!!And Tanyaann
Just to prove I've read your profile, here it is below!! L~O~L

tanyaann "~ Life is definately interesting and everyone has their own story. I would like like to hear a few! ~ "
28 year old woman from Detroit, Michigan Looking for man for friendship Online now!

PREVIOUS PHOTO NEXT PHOTO INAPPROPRIATE PHOTO? ABUSIVE OR OFFENSIVE BEHAVIOR? REPORT THIS USER
Email Her Match with Her About Her Add to favorites Add as friend
Meet hot singles! Hot women here Your perfect match More FREE dating Meet UK singles More Photos of tanyaann View All (18)

About tanyaann
Interests: karaoke, art, wine, hiking, canoeing, camping, cooking, gardening, travel, reading, plays, museums, music
Who is the lady in the curlers you might be asking yourself? Well first, I am a single mother of a young child. I am a college student in social work. I plan on going to graduate school for social work or social policy and hope to get my PhD from Harvard. Now you might be thinking... !HARVARD! this chick must be very smart. Nope, I don't think that I am smarter than anyone else; I just may think differently or approach things differently or just have allocated my energy to different tasks. So with that I am generally very busy with work, classes, internships, student organization activities, my son and maintaining a home. However, I feel that I am balanced enough to have someone in my life to share it.

Now what I am looking for in another individual (now granted, I have come to the conclusion that I may not find who I am looking for online, but I am here so I might as well try!) I am looking for someone that has some substance to his life. Someone that doesn't just strive for tomorrow but looks and plans toward the future. I understand that life is tough and we aren't always where we want to be at the moment but that moment needs to only be a moment, not a lifetime. I am looking for someone to spend time with and compliment what I am already doing in my life. I do not need someone to complete my life because I feel like my life is right where it needs to be. I prefer someone who is educated and intelligent, can hold a good conversation, likes to try new and different things, and is adventurous but not reckless. Someone that understands that my goals and my son may come first, but that I will make time.

There is much much more to know about me, so if you would like to know something please feel free to send me a message and just ask. However, I do have to warn you that if I receive a message telling that I am beautiful or saying 'what's up' it will probably be ignored. But I generally respond to all message that have some substance to them.

Best wishes on your search!

~"~"~"~~"~"~~"~"~"~~"~"~"~"~~"~"~"~"
I texted a handful of my close friends to describe me in 3 words and here is the responses:
Traci - Mother, Smart, and Strong
Courtney - Beautiful, Determined, and Dependable
Hassan - Brave, Insightful and Beautiful
Jeff - Sweet, Understanding, and Good Listener
Rae - Determined, Masterful, and Sassy
~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~

THANK YOU FOR MY FRIENDS (please read) http://mingle2.com/topic/show/164834

#!# Below is some things that I wrote and other things that I thought I would post #!#

#*~I Know What I Want And Hope That I Find It~*#

I don't want to repeat the mistakes of the past. I try to keep my eyes open and keep focused. I know what I want and hope that I find it. I know that I am strong enough to keep searching. I am just wondering if what I want is real and tangible. How can it not be when so many others are searching for the same thing? That feeling that you get when you look at that special person across the room. They way they make you laugh when you need it the most. The joy that wells up at seeing that you are both individuals and have difference but it doesn't matter. The connection that is felt in silence. I don't understand how this is a hard thing to find when so many of us are searching. Could it be that due to humanity being so complex that there is one of a few of us that fit like a key and lock? If the combination isn't right will it not work? Trust, honesty, caring, kindness, compassion, passion, and respect are what I am seeking. Where are the individuals that truly embrace that? Cause many have crossed my path and claimed to have it, but fall short. My life isn't going to stop for this pursuit. I am going to keep going forward. Is that person going to be in my path? Is that person going to be willing to travel with me? Share my life, joys and love. Is he going to be mutually receptive to sharing his with me? I don't know but I know what I want and hope that I find it.

Tanya
10-5-2008

"And from this strange instrument came sounds that made her tremble with joy and with love. As the song went on, as the light grew stronger, she fell hopelessly in love with this bold trumpeter who had awakened her from her dreams. The dreams of night were gone. New dreams of day were upon her. She knew that she was full of sensations she had never had before--feelings of delight and ecstasy and wonder."
By E.B. White from The Trumpet of the Swan

Song -->

'Her face is a map of the world
Is a map of the world
You can see she's a beautiful girl
She's a beautiful girl
And everything around her is a silver pool of light
The people who surround her feel the benefit of it
It makes you calm
She holds you captivated in her palm

Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see)
This is what I wanna be
Why the hell it means so much to me

I feel like walking the world
Like walking the world
You can hear she's a beautiful girl
She's a beautiful girl
She fills up every corner like she's born in black and white
Makes you feel warmer when you're trying to remember
What you heard
She likes to leave you hanging on her word

This is what I wanna be

And she's taller than most
And she's looking at me
I can see her eyes looking from a page in a magazine
Oh she makes me feel like I could be a tower
A big strong tower
She got the power to be
The power to give
The power to see

This is what I wanna be

~! Suddenly I See by KT Tunstall !~

*...and the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom...* ~Anais Nin

Some advice for those still looking for the ONE:

I personally feel that the biggest prevention to any kind of relationship abuse is to have a healthy self-esteem and know what a healthy relationship is. All to often, we don't have examples of what a healthy relationship looks like and due to life experience we may not know our own self-worth.

Just like all social issues, there are a number of different factors that pay into whether or not someone gets involved in an abusive relationship.

Things that everyone should know or keep in mind about getting into relationships:

1. Red flags: past patterns of a potential partner, criminal history, drug use/abuse history, mental health history, non-monogamous dating patterns, lifestyle (partier, drinker, anti-social), family history of conflict

[yes, people change, but not over night! it takes years of counseling and professional help for individuals with above issues to cope and deal with them]

2. Knowing yourself: I have said this and I will continue to say it.... You cannot expect anyone to love you if you first dont love yourself. If you are desparately seeking a relationship, you will end up in a desparate relationship.

[Only you can fill your own voids, not a person or things can do that]

3. You are your own person, and should be able to stand on your own two feet at all times!

[Co-dependency will leave you down a dangerous path!]

"I'll tell you in the morning," she said. "When the first light comes into the sky and the sparrows stir and the cows rattle their chains, when the rooster crows and the stars fade, when early cars whisper along the highway, you look up here and I'll show you something. I will show you my masterpiece." From Charlotte's Web by E.B. White

~Rose~
As I walk into the door
the amber glow of the flames
paint my skin.
I proceed on a path of
cool silken rose petals.
The path leads me to
a satin covered bed.
A satin nightgown lays
upon a petal covered bed.
I slip onto the satin and
lay down upon the cool petals.
As I lay still upon the coolness,
and feel the caress of a silken rose bud.
The coolness of the plant is twisted along
my skin from my feet to my face.
Where my lips are met by his warm kiss.

tanya 5-25-08

<><><><<><<><><<><><<><><<><><<><><><<><
Alfred Lord Tennyson:
'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
<><><<><<><><<><<><><><<><><<><><<><><<>

I had a sweet sweet friend, s1owhand, post this in response to a poem that I wrote and I think that it relates to me because I will have those days where what he wrote will be very important; here is what he wrote:

someone to wipe away tears
and hold close
an earprint over the heart
the beat of a strong pulse
stroking soft hair
quietly awaiting a break in the clouds
and sunshine in a smile

Thank you! s1owhand for the wonderful response!

My friend, Mary, who is a military brat, wrote this on her myspace and it touched me "Separate your feelings about the war from the troops-they aren't asking to go-it's their job." I just wanted to share that with you all!

xoxox
tanya
Profession: Social Work Student