Community > Posts By > colsont

no photo
Wed 01/23/08 03:40 PM

Lets not go around pointing fingers and counting blame. Anyone with substance recognizes maturity when they see it, but when they try to describe it, their words fall short. What makes a man? The question should be, what difference does it make? I'm turning 23 this year and I still play my video games. They are entertaining, but that doesn't make me less of a person or less of a man.

Respect. Integrity. Honesty. Responsibility. These are the traits we associate with maturity, but these traits alone will not make you a man.

huh huh
???????
but her question wasn't what makes a man or why do people play video games.
Yeah, hehe. I misread her post. laugh

no photo
Wed 01/23/08 03:34 PM
Edited by colsont on Wed 01/23/08 03:39 PM
Lets not go around pointing fingers and counting blame. Anyone with substance recognizes maturity when they see it, but when they try to describe it, their words fall short. What makes a man or woman do one thing while saying another? Yes, it's a lie, but everyone lies, right? That's self justification, as well as pathetic.

There is no better way to put down the word, 'selfish'. Too many people in the world are more concerned with themselves and where they go to worry about whose toes they might be stepping on. It's a lack of respect, or in some cases, the lack of the ABILITY to respect others. People are too focused on looking straight ahead that they don't take a second to stop and look around at the people around them as actual people.