Community > Posts By > txhisp73

txhisp73's photo
Fri 05/18/12 09:07 AM
I have a different view on this. When I was younger I dated many women with kids. Helped raise a few and was like a dad to a few as well. The problem lies in at some point the relationship breaks up and the guy "me " in these instances, ended up getting shafted. Why? Well in many cases I grew more attached to the kids then the actual woman I was with... Its easy to love and get attached to a child who would do anything for some male attention and for someone they look up to and respect.

See kids arent like the women we date.. they love unconditionally, and when they hug you, they mean it. So when the relationship ends, sometimes you end up with two broken hearts, instead of just the one. Also, since your not the biological father.. well you have no visitation rights, or say one way or the other.. your screwed.

my first wife was preg. when I met her. Didnt tell me till she started showing. Stayed with her and eventually married her. Was with her 5 years in all. Her daughter was literally like mine, as I raised her. A few years later when I found she was cheating I divorced her and had no rights at all to see my daughter,,who I raised for 3 years... She wouldnt let me visit her and her family basically put a shotgun to my face saying I wasnt the father and we were divorced....see where im going with this..? Also usually when you date a woman with kids..you have to deal with the biological daddy drama that comes with it.... Just my own reasons............. hope this helped.