Community > Posts By > LeVamp

LeVamp's photo
Fri 06/08/12 02:39 AM
I knew i kept this open for a reason....

1 vote????

Faahhh....no wonder you guys are still single! spock

LeVamp's photo
Mon 05/21/12 05:16 AM

When you chat to new people, what is one thing you refuse to talk about if it was to be bought up?

It is entirely dependant upon what eactly is being brought up spock

LeVamp's photo
Mon 05/21/12 05:07 AM

The Taj Mahal (is l)isted as one of the seven wonders of the world,...

I am not sure if that's true.

The seven wonders of the world were identified as the seven wonders of the ANCIENT world.

Such as the pyramids, the Colossus of Halicarnassos, the hanging gardens of Semiramis, the Labirynths of Crete, the Library of Alexandria, and some others. Two in number. I can't remember what they were.

These were all built before the Birth of Christ.

I am not sure, and I admit I could be wrong, but I feel that the Taj Mahal is more modern a building.

If it was built after the Birth of Christ, then it, by definition, is not one of the seven wonders of the world.

----------

I did not say this, to take away from the might and beauty, the transcendental spirit of beauty that the Taj Mahal emanates. I love the Taj Mahal, it is one of the greatest achievement of man, and I say it because it is a symbolic of man's love for woman, not man's love for some angry and unappeasable god or gods.

The Taj Mahal may be a protected site by the World Heritage Foundation, it may be a great tourist attraction, the most precious jem of diamonds in amongst the buildings of India, so to speak; but it is not one of the seven wonders, unless for sure I am wrong. But I am for sure right if the Taj Mahal was built after the start of the Western world's calendar.

By definition you are quite correct in it not being one of the "Ancient" Seven Wonders. My apologies to the "pedantic" for not being specific flowers

I don't believe they have a category for mammals though, and now is as good a time as any to put forth a suggestion to the powers that be...whoever he may be...for a new list of wonders...

The Seven Wonders of the Mammal World

Works for me happy

LeVamp's photo
Sat 05/19/12 01:14 AM
What pants? *blink blink* laugh

LeVamp's photo
Sat 05/19/12 01:00 AM

Well Vamp-a-roonie, I think we should wonder about women X7 more than we do. Suspicious characters all of them.

Fabarooney!!...lol..who said that? :smile:

Don't make me pull out the suss penders laugh

LeVamp's photo
Sat 05/19/12 12:57 AM

There's the saying that behind every great man is a great woman, so I'm wondering if a woman wasn't behind the idea of the Taj Mahal bigsmile

rofl rofl ..the thought had crossed my mind, but it looked funny at me and i had to perish it!! rofl rofl

LeVamp's photo
Sat 05/19/12 12:16 AM

I think Cleopatra was listed as a wonder??laugh

And Cleopatra was a woman!...clever Hippie!! smitten

LeVamp's photo
Fri 05/18/12 11:46 PM

Well hello Trampy Vampy Ding Dong. I don't know. Looks pretty cool.......smokin

Nope...i only offer friendship once, and you blew it :P

Next!! laugh

LeVamp's photo
Fri 05/18/12 11:35 PM
Hello fellow Minglers

My name is Vamp...but you can call me Vamp or Vampy, or you may even feel the urge to call me other things rhyming with Vamp, but i'll leave that up to your indiscretion :smile:

So anyway...that's not why i'm here at this time posting my very first topic under General Admission, because i think that what i'm about to say ought to have it's own headliner, but anyway... that's a decision the very wise caretaking fab tab mods who do a great job must do. These clubrooms are just awesome btw...and i can see why Luv 2 rok'n'roll struts it....love your work honey. 1 :heart: :wink:

Which brings me to the point of all this......

Ahem....quiet in the back there or you'll miss out on something :smile:

The Taj Mahal

Listed as one of the seven wonders of the world, and built in memory of Shah Jahan's third wife Mamtaz Mahal (be interesting to know what wives 1 & 2 got actually). So anyway....my question is, and i would like to know why it never was, but..."If a woman can inspire a man to build such a monumental building as the Taj Mahal...should she not have been listed as a wonder???

I wonder....:smile:

Have fun kids...and play nice happy

LeVamp's photo
Thu 05/17/12 08:28 PM

I have always been nervous with you bunch of freaks............smokin

Wanna be my friend Newark??? :smile:

LeVamp's photo
Wed 05/16/12 05:38 AM

I'm in love and I saw her (the Vamp) first! drool

Pleasure to meet you Hippie, but please wipe the drool up off the floor, i may slip and damage a wing yawn