Community > Posts By > Akira_Ryuujin

Akira_Ryuujin's photo
Sat 01/19/08 07:03 PM
...so, if anyone would be willing to give me suggestions of what else I could do to improve the presentation of myself here, I'd be open to it. :smile:

Akira_Ryuujin's photo
Thu 01/17/08 11:11 AM
Stop it, you're making me hungry.... >_<

Akira_Ryuujin's photo
Thu 01/17/08 10:50 AM
I'm still waiting to have real ramen...Like, big bowl at a restaurant in Japan.....

Akira_Ryuujin's photo
Wed 01/16/08 06:09 PM
Scorpio...

Akira_Ryuujin's photo
Tue 01/15/08 10:51 PM
"I am the Ocean" by The Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravanganza is my current favorite....followed by "Scobra vs. Cupcake" by Arsonists Get All the Girls

(I know the genre's a bit harsh...)

Akira_Ryuujin's photo
Tue 01/15/08 09:48 PM
>_< Your band's looking for drummers too...lol Why'd I have to move away from NJ? (I'm a drummer...go figure.)

Akira_Ryuujin's photo
Tue 01/15/08 09:45 PM
Cool...Shot you over an e-mail with my URL.

Site design looks awesome. :)

Akira_Ryuujin's photo
Tue 01/15/08 09:30 PM
Edited by Akira_Ryuujin on Tue 01/15/08 09:33 PM
Well, with 3D Modeling, I like to model environments and stuff...like, I could do level modeling. I have a simple site up if you want to see samples...

Akira_Ryuujin's photo
Tue 01/15/08 08:37 PM
Yeah, that's CG anime...It's a shame though...as an animation major, it's a shame that Japanese animation has been completely separated from the rest of the world's animation...

Akira_Ryuujin's photo
Tue 01/15/08 08:32 PM

Akira - Really? I didnt know that. Sweet. Im a hard rock musician myself.. not as hardcore as DEP, but yah, its all good

Nick - It be wisdom ye seek, wisdom ye shall get...

Dear old Mr. Franklin
Where have you gone to, my friend?
Should you be delivered unto me
But no courier did send.

Was it Diamond, the traitor
Who prances in high heels?
Or Bubbles the crack fiend
Who pukes up all her meals?

Must I swifly raise my hand
With knuckles to meet
With a scalding reminder
Upon your raw cheek?

Where is my money?
Don't you play me like that
Its time to pay the man
Who wears the purple, feathered hat.

Thank you, thank you bigsmile

What instrument do you play?

Akira_Ryuujin's photo
Tue 01/15/08 08:28 PM
What, modeling anime characters in 3D? Or 3D anime in general?

Akira_Ryuujin's photo
Tue 01/15/08 08:13 PM
Edited by Akira_Ryuujin on Tue 01/15/08 08:14 PM

well let figure out a way to get some of the pics my bro and i drew to you if you want and we could have a great piece of work.
i just to need to know what you need in terms of the character, meaning do you need a pictures of the characters front, back, and side?

Yes. I would need a front, side, top and back (if necessary).

It would also help to have a rotation of the character's head close-up (to model the head in detail).

Akira_Ryuujin's photo
Tue 01/15/08 07:55 PM
Photoshop can be used for anything 2D, not just textures. Some people like setting up stuff in 3D, then modding the image post-process in 2D. There's nothing wrong with it.

Akira_Ryuujin's photo
Tue 01/15/08 07:46 PM
Whoa, Morris Plains......The Dillinger Escape Plan is from there...

Akira_Ryuujin's photo
Tue 01/15/08 07:42 PM
Edited by Akira_Ryuujin on Tue 01/15/08 07:42 PM

i could post one now but my scanner brokesad i mean i could take a pic but thats only worth a 1000 words, you need at least 3000 words to make a 3d model
and just a thought have you ever made 3d art? i mean if you can make a 3d model and put into a form i can use on photoshop it would sweet
things like this http://wallpapers.yah.in/viewphoto.php?pid=298
after the model is made you photoshop to make it pretty, but im sure you already know this

I've never really done post-processing to images after I rendered them, except for in compositing (with stuff like color correction and the like). However, I do know how to do it. It's pretty cool actually, combining 3D with traditional 2D art skills.

Akira_Ryuujin's photo
Tue 01/15/08 07:38 PM

i dont konw how to use 3d studio max, they are both from the same maker autodesk but , im in school for animation and gaming, we use maya for modeling characters and stuff, i hate modeling charaters it takes so much time and stuff, i like modeling vehicles aand weapons, but some of my friends at school use 3d studio im not sure how to use it yet havent taken that class

Actually, Maya and 3D Studio MAX are just owned by the same company. Originally, it was Alias that made Maya, and Discreet that made 3D Studio MAX.

If you want, I could show you in your spare time. It'd give me something to do, and might possibly give me motivation to work a whole lot more.

Akira_Ryuujin's photo
Tue 01/15/08 07:20 PM

can you make 3d anime models?

lol If you want to draw one, I could make a small collaboration project...

Akira_Ryuujin's photo
Tue 01/15/08 07:19 PM
I primarily use 3D Studio MAX. The one time I used Maya, it felt completely backwards trying to model in it... :S

Akira_Ryuujin's photo
Tue 01/15/08 07:04 PM
I'm trying to figure out what I should model in 3D, but I can't seem to come to terms with what to settle on. So, I decided to post here, and ask the public.

Can anyone give me any ideas of what to model, or does anyone have any requests?

Akira_Ryuujin's photo
Tue 01/15/08 02:54 PM
Cool. Thanks, both of you... :)

Previous 1