Community > Posts By > SWMSR2001

SWMSR2001's photo
Sat 01/05/08 02:40 PM
Well I have bought a bike already. Just need to make the time for the riding part of it. Good idea though and ty... happy

SWMSR2001's photo
Sat 01/05/08 02:17 PM
Hello all my name is Shawn. Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday season. My son and I do not get out much. So I am trying to find cool things to go do. Jr is 8 y/o son.
Weather it be a cool idea for my son and I or a group thing I am open to ideas. Jr and I love camping/fishing although it has been a long time. happy

Have a great weekend!

Shawn

SWMSR2001's photo
Sat 01/05/08 08:50 AM
Complaint, lol no no by all means that is not what I am doing. As for my responsibilities trust me they are all taken care of.
This is the first time I have ever used Forums to talk with people. So I wanted to talk with people I have something in common with. Plus I am not the brightest crayon in box but I can damn sure color a picture. This is why I like to hear from others, there stories, troubles and advise. It is amazing that God gave us all two ears and one mouth. At some point I hope that more of us realize we should listen twice as much as we speak.

SWMSR2001's photo
Sat 01/05/08 08:41 AM
Again thanks to everyone for joining in.

Talking about the money side of things, lol... Well that is just a joke within my family. My ex owes my thousands in medical bills and these are only Dr. visits and such. Thank you God nothing serious has happened to my boy. My ex is to pay me $150 per MONTH mind you in child support. I have not seen anything in years. However when we got divorced 7 years ago I told my lawyer that child support was not needed for my ex. The man with the magic pen to sign off on the deal would not go for that. I have never wanted her money and do not need it. I got what I wanted out of the deal and that is my son.

newwaters: Thank you for your insight and one day I might just try that idea of yours. I like it! Humor is a must in all of lifes adventures...

Oh wait it gets better Jr over heard a conversation I had with his mom. She told me that she planned to move to Cali and become a hair dresser, lol... WTF are you thinking woman?
One of her frineds mothers is going to open a salon somewhere in Cali and she plans to go to school and be making $500 per week after she graduates, lol... People just amaze me with the lack of intel.

SWMSR2001's photo
Sat 01/05/08 08:24 AM
Thank you for your advise and thoughts goes to all of you.

I have had the conversation with my ex about how she is hurting our son. She was told to either stay out of his life of lets do something on a regular basis. I was told that she would start calling and coming to see him, but this never happened. My son and I go to see a counselors (he his and me mine) once a week to talk about whatever is on his mind. I was worried about him going throw life and having failed relationship after failed relationship like I did. These day we are both my better and stronger but my son has a very long road ahead of him. Daddy will be by his side until the good lord calls for me.

A bit off topic but something I have found to be true in life as in relationships, we as people are not born with the tools and knowhow to successfully manage a healthy relationship. In my opinion anyway...

SWMSR2001's photo
Sat 01/05/08 07:54 AM
I totally agree. My son asked me why his mom never calls him. The only response I could give him is that some people just do not know how to show other people there love and just b/c they dont show it does not mean they do not love them. I know that is what Jr needed to hear however I felt horrible while telling him this b/c I think the love is truely missing all together.

SWMSR2001's photo
Sat 01/05/08 07:46 AM
My son has lived with me from the age of one. This is the best thing for my son and I would not have it any other way!
That being said my ex-wife calls me up before Christmas and wants to see Jr. Your most likely thinking normal no big deal right? Before that phone call my ex had not seen my son for over 6 months. The only time Jr spoke with her is when he wanted to call her. Now I grew up w/o a dad until I was 15 y/o and I made myself a promise when I was just about my sons age. That promise was that if I ever had a child there is no way I would not be there for that child day in and day out unless I was DEAD. Of course being the person I am I held true to my promise to both myself and more importantly my son. Now I have never said anything in front of my son bad about his mother and never will. I figure he will come up with his own conclusion of what happened and who really cares. I did anyway. It breaks my heart every time I have to pick up the pieces after my ex hurts my son by not calling or coming to see him. How could a woman who gave birth to this beautiful baby boy treat him like ****?

SWMSR2001's photo
Sat 01/05/08 07:29 AM
Long time listener and first time caller. Happy New Year to everyone!!! May your 2008 be your best year yet! happy

Who else is having trouble finding that last piece to there puzzle to make it complete? anyone??

SWMSR2001's photo
Sat 01/05/08 07:18 AM
Are we now? Then why live so far away from us Jill?

SWMSR2001's photo
Sat 01/05/08 07:05 AM
WOW, thank you ladies!!! happy Good morning to everyone.

You know us Southern men do you?

SWMSR2001's photo
Sat 01/05/08 06:32 AM
I am new to the site and just wanted to say hello to everyone.

Have a great weekend!

happy