Community > Posts By > TheAnswerIs42

TheAnswerIs42's photo
Sun 01/06/08 07:11 PM

Who's gonna sign up on a site called "Just Be Ignored"??

:wink:

Actually, lots of people say Hi to me now. It took awhile....

Hmm... I'm still waiting for someone to reply to me. LOL. Am I scaring them all off or something?

No, for me it just took time, and posting. Lots of posting. If you have something to say, if you make people think or give them a laugh, they notice. It's all about exposure.

You wouldn't happen to be a Douglas Adams fan, would you?

Yeah, I've tried sending messages to several girls that live near me and sound interesting to me. I always try to say something about their interests or what we may have in common, be nice but not overbearing, just kind of break the ice. Maybe I'm impatient? It just makes me wonder when they don't write back, how can they even know I'm not what they're looking for if they don't talk to me?

I thought the screenname gave it away, LOL. Needed a new screenname for the site. I saw lots of people adding numbers onto their screennames, so I thought it would be humorous to use this one. ;-)

TheAnswerIs42's photo
Sun 01/06/08 06:58 PM

Who's gonna sign up on a site called "Just Be Ignored"??

:wink:

Actually, lots of people say Hi to me now. It took awhile....

Hmm... I'm still waiting for someone to reply to me. LOL. Am I scaring them all off or something?

TheAnswerIs42's photo
Sun 01/06/08 06:56 PM
Ok, I'm gonna stand out and be the different one here.

Oingo Boingo. *grin*

Danny Elfman is a musical genius in both his film scoring and his former rock band.

TheAnswerIs42's photo
Sat 01/05/08 01:44 AM
Good luck to you! I'd recommend putting a bit more in the about section of your profile, so people can find out a bit about you and see if they may be interested.

TheAnswerIs42's photo
Fri 01/04/08 09:06 PM
Wow, the response time here is remarkable!

Thanks for all the kind words. Hmm... a half full glass is probably the better approach. ;-)

TheAnswerIs42's photo
Fri 01/04/08 08:53 PM
I guess you could say I'm tired of waiting around for true love to just magically find me. It's a new year, and it's time to be more proactive. I figured I'd try this whole online dating thing. Offline I'm often too shy to ask girls out, and I get too used to rejection. Here seems like a good place to be able to get a feel for what people are like, and find people that are looking for dates too.

So... here I am. Any words of advice or anything from experienced people?