no photo
Tue 01/08/08 02:07 PM
1 Corinthians 16:13 Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.

Ephesians 1:18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,

Ephesians 3:8 To me, the very least of all saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ,

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

Colossians 1:11 strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously

Hi Randy,
Key scripture points to help you through. I'll be praying for you and your family that through the power of the stripes on Christs' back, Raven be healed.
Love in Christ,
Freda

no photo
Tue 01/08/08 01:58 PM
WONDERFUL!!! ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!! Steve, I don't know how you feel about such things as what I'm going to tell you, but when I told you I would pray for a miracle for you and your dog, I layed my hands on my computer screen and prayed for God to help your dog so that through that help, you would know God is alive and working in your life, even with the negativity going on around you. I believed he answered that prayer.

Please keep me posted....I will continue to pray for your dog to have a bowel movement without issue and to continue improving. Pedialyte is a great hydration booster and you can buy it unflavored and give it to her like water. It will not hurt her. I saved many a life w/the help of Pedialyte.

Just so you know, I've rescued animals all of my life and was in Vet Tech but I also believe in holistic care of animals and humans.

This is the first time I've ever participated in a "chat" room, and may be the last, but I believe I was led to here. We have spirits all around us that can guide us, if we are attuned.

I don't have a PC at home so will check back when I return to work tomorrow to see how the night went.

Take care, be thankful, infuse your strength and will to live into Lady and hopefully she will still be with you a few more years.

My precious Chloe required a tremendous amount of care the last 5 years of her life---especially the last 1---but I don't regret the work that was involved at all. She trusted me totally and was so patient w/everything I had to do to her and for her but eventually her kidneys totally failed and I had to euthanize her....I wasn't going to let her suffer and she was crying in pain but at least I know that she knew I was there every moment. We had 11 wonderful years together. I've had many animals before, during and after Chloe, but none have ever touched me as she did.

Remember, people are praying for you.

no photo
Tue 01/08/08 11:08 AM
Steve,

Hope this helps....

The Michigan Humane Society operates three veterinary centers in Detroit, Rochester Hills and Westland with over 60,000 client visits each year. Our highly-skilled veterinary staff provides a full range of services for companion animals already living in homes as well as for the animals at our three adoption centers. The Michigan Humane Society does not perform or recommend any procedure that is not required for an animal’s health or well-being such as ear cropping, tail docking or declawing. For appointments, rates and other veterinary service inquiries, please call one of our veterinary center locations:

Detroit
MHS Detroit Center for Animal Care
Veterinary Center:
(313) 872-0004

Rochester Hills
MHS Rochester Hills Center for Animal Care
Veterinary Center:
(248) 852-7424

Westland
MHS Berman Center for Animal Care
Veterinary Center:
(734) 721-4195

no photo
Tue 01/08/08 11:04 AM
http://www.michiganweb.com/petshelters.html

here's a link to michigan animal rescues.....maybe one of them can help financially or route you to a vet that will be more
accomadating about a payment plan

no photo
Tue 01/08/08 08:59 AM
Have you called your ex and asked for her help?? Is your dog's life worth putting aside emotions for the moment?

I realize she may say no, but at least you will know that you've asked. It will be important for you to feel, psychologically, that you did everything you could, prior to euthanization, if it comes to that decision.

I've had to make that decision several times in my lifetime and no matter the circumstances, it always tears me apart and takes me a long time to work through the decision.

no photo
Tue 01/08/08 08:55 AM

stand back 10 feet and one bullit....

Under the circumstances, that was very insensitive and not funny--even if you meant to be---this is not a situation that warrants sarcasm.

You should apologize out of respect, whether or not you mean the apology. If you can't give positive feedback, you shouldn't give any.

no photo
Tue 01/08/08 06:09 AM
find out if that vet accepts care credit. care credit is a medical credit card that you can use for vet care also, in addition to human care. if that vet accepts care credit, they can get you an answer within a minute or two. i have it and it is invaluable. the credit limit approved will vary based on personal circumstances, but it never hurts to try....i didn't think i would qualify, but i did, for $1,000. maybe the vet will be kind enough to let you make arrangements to make monthly payments for the balance, or for the complete surgery. if not, GET ANOTHER VET!!!!! it is deplorable, that a vet would refuse to treat, because of up front money. i've lived all over the US with my animals and made it a point to find a GOOD vet to work with. Thank God, i've always been blessed to do so. PLEASE do not give up---get on the phone immediately to other vets.....and apply for care credit. My heart goes out to you and your dog.....Freda