Community > Posts By > kidrhodes7877

kidrhodes7877's photo
Tue 08/18/09 06:22 PM
Mine isn't so much a place as it is an activity that involves two places..... One time, before I die, I want to watch the sunrise on Cape Cod, then get to the airport in Boston and fly to Chicago for lunch, then get back on the plane and fly to Aspen, have dinner, then get back of the plane and fly to San Francsisco to watch the sunset. So, this way I saw it come up over the Atlantic, looked in on it in all the time zones it crossed, and then watch it set over the Pacific. To me, that sounds like the perfect day.

kidrhodes7877's photo
Mon 08/17/09 10:04 AM
Here are my deal breakers....

1) Cursing too much. A lady who cusses like a sailor just isn't pleasant to talk to.
2) Politics. I don't care if someone is a Republican or Democrat, but too much one way or the other, either way, is bad. Nobody is a centrist anymore I suppose.
3) Self-esteem. We all have issues. I get it. But when someone is so down on herself that she simply cannot accept a compliment, then she really has no business dating.
4) Drugs. I don't care is someone is a social drinker, or even a smoker, or if they even partake in a little 420 on occassion, but coke, heroine, pills, daily pot use - I'm not interested.
5) Disrespectful people. Enough said on that.
6) Women who move too fast. I'm not a prude or anything, and I'm all for sexually liberated women. But if you start talking sex to me right away, I'm going to get turned off, not on.
7) People who don't respect other people's cultures. I once dated a woman that I really liked. One day she made her feelings about southerners clear. "A bunch of racist, sexist, redneck trash". Um, I happen to be southern! I dumped her immediately.
8) Religion. I've never asked a girl to adopt my religious beliefs, but I've been asked a dozen times to change my views to match theirs. Um, no!
9) Women who claim to want what they don't want. When a woman claims to want a nice guy, someone with class, someone who will respect them, someone with a good job, etc., and they're describing me to a T, and then I contact them and they said they're not interested because I'm blonde, or something else stupid like that. Say what you mean and mean what you say!
10) STUPID PEOPLE!!!!

kidrhodes7877's photo
Mon 08/10/09 02:40 PM
Well, for starters, maybe learn to spell. There is a difference between "where" and "were". There's also a difference between "your" and "you're" just to get ahead of you.

No offense, I just have a hatred for functional illiteracy and I blame the American school system for otherwise intelligent, productive people not having a clue when it comes to spelling and grammar.