Community > Posts By > billzilla

billzilla's photo
Sun 12/07/08 06:44 AM
My photo is real, but found out recently that some Nigerian scammer has been using it under the name Klen Blatley with a yahoo.com email address asking women for money to come to the States. (Fortunately the lady who found me and told me about this had not sent any money.) I had read about people's photo being hijacked for use in these sorts of schemes, but never in a million years thought MY photo would be something that would be of the slightest interest.

May I highly recommend, assuming you are dealing with someone with photos in the first place, that you ask for ANOTHER photo not included in those on the web site, to prove that this is not just a copy from somewhere else.

And never, ever send money to anyone.

I have advised both Yahoo and Match.com of the mis-use of my photo, but being in Nigeria there's not a lot anyone can do about it. I'm sure Klen Blatley has moved on to another name/email address by now. He was not happy with me when I emailed him, threatening me with the FbI (sic) and interpol (sic). As I actually DO work in law enforcement, I wish he would.

Dunno if he's still using my photo.

Bill Stewart
Cape Coral, FL