Community > Posts By > Amy0603

no photo
Wed 01/02/08 04:35 PM
Rabbit,

I haven't been on this site since before Christmas and I log on now to find you arguing the same, tiring logic you were then. Just like now, you had a few well-intentioned people trying to help you understand why Jesus said what he did on the cross, including me. As I continued to read your arguments, it became clear to me that what Jesus said on the cross was not really your concern. You have just decided, for whatever reason that you do not believe in Christ as Lord and Savior. Guess what? That's fine. Why do you keep bringing it up? Would anyone actually be able to convince you to consider another option? I think not.

To those trying to explain to Rabbit your faith, remember that when Christ talked to his disciples about preaching the gospel, he told them that some would not accept his message. He did not tell them to keep at them until they do. He told them to wipe the dust of that town off their feet and move on. Rabbit will probably take exception to us wiping off his dust, but aren't we just allowing him to maintain his free will? That's what Jesus would do.

no photo
Thu 12/20/07 02:43 PM
Hi! Nice to meet you too!:smile:

I must have misunderstood your statement when you mentioned KNOWN history. In the past, scholars have questioned the history of the Bible and to my knowledge the Bible has been able to stand up very well to criticism.

Is your question surrounding why certain discovered books were left out of the Bible?

no photo
Thu 12/20/07 02:19 PM
Creativesoul,

What HAVE religious scholars and biblical historians determined about the 'makings' of the gospels? Any study of canonicity that I have done always left me feeling that much more convinced that the Bible is accurate historically. What known historic facts does the Bible have wrong?

no photo
Thu 12/20/07 07:17 AM
Thanks! I appreciate your encouragement!

no photo
Thu 12/20/07 06:47 AM
The Jews at the time when Christ was killed knew their Bible. They would have recognized immediately the statement, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" as a direct quote from Psalm 22. King David wrote this psalm and he never experienced anything in his life that remotely resembled what is described in the verses. It is a foreshadowing of what is to occur - what will happen to the long-awaited Messiah when he comes. Any critical reader of the Bible at that time could have figured that out.

If you study the Bible in its entirety, you will find that it is one, harmonious and unfolding story. The Old Testament is full of foreshadowings that point to evidence that Christ is the long-awaited Messiah. (I'd be happy to give you more, if you are interested) These are provided as proof - so that those people, like yourself, can be SURE that you are putting your faith in the right person. I encourage you to keep asking questions....the Bible can hold its own....it is truth and has nothing to hide! And, God does not want you to disengage your brain...you can have faith in Christ AND use your brain..what a concept!!!

Your question is a hard one. The concept of the Trinity is hard to explain because it is hard to understand. In short, though, at the time of his crucifixion, God the Father did turn his head on Christ. Not because he was no longer God, but because "He who knew no sin, became sin". God was turning his back on sin. God, in his perfection cannot allow sin to go unpunished. Christ's death was punishment for sin...our sin, past present and future. On Christ's end, here is a guy who has ALWAYS lived in fellowship and communion with God. Now, all of a sudden he is feeling guilt...a new feeling for him. But not just his guilt...the guilt of the entire world, on him at once. Of course he felt abandoned..and he was. But at the resurrection, he was raised victorious over sin. His relationship with the Father was restored and he was taken bodily to heaven to reign forever in majesty.

What does this all mean? It means that all of us, no matter what we've done can ask God to allow our sins to be included in those that were defeated on the cross. Once you do that...hold on. Your life will change. It is an exciting ride that is never boring!!!

Good luck in your search for the truth...keep asking questions!!