Community > Posts By > Paul

Paul's photo
Sun 02/23/20 08:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97u3uxzl9-4&t=469s

Paul's photo
Sun 02/23/20 07:59 PM

In my country "We the People" is supposed to be the government.
The problem is "We the People" have gotten lazy and put people in charge, give them authority and ownership of "We the People" then sit at home or at work and complain about it.
That war we fought/fight (name one), is my war. It doesn't belong to my government. Its my war because I am part of We the People.
The White House is My House. It belongs to We the People and I am We the People.
The CIA, FBI, NASA, Social Security and all the other government funded stuff in my country is not the government's, its property of We the People. Its managed by We the People. It answers to We the People and since I am part of We the People, that's me as well as you too.
Democrat, Republican or Independent doesn't/shouldn't matter, We the People needs to be what is important. We the People needs to be in charge.
The final say.
If We the People steps up to do what is right, I have much faith.
If we continue the status quo, Just a deeper mess, loses my faith.

well with all due respect, ths is the most abused phraseology in Amercan History... "We the People"... OF WHAT? At the time each State had it's own Constitution in which thier preamble laid out "We the people of (STATE)!! The States confederated under their own Constituition from 1781-1789 under the Article of Confederation. It wasn't until the Constituional Convention of 1787 that a new form of government was adopted. (see second paragrapgh of the Declaration of Independence) It was a Right and a Duty!! However there was never any sense of Nationalism under this new Federal Contitutional (read the Federalist papers #39) It wasn't until March 2 1867 when the Radical Republicans usurped government to NATIONALIZE it from Federal that you have this misguided disconnect!!