Community > Posts By > Startingover45

Startingover45's photo
Tue 10/21/08 01:42 PM

We probably need to rewrite the Constitution...after all, it IS an outdated, antiquated document. This is 2008! It needs to get with the times.

Wow, I can't believe this statement! After all of the lives that were sacrificed to ensure we could escape the reaches of a controling government, you would throw away the wisdom and experience that wrote it. It's enough that it's been amended through the years to escape the very reason this land was discovered by our ancestors. Dare I ask who you would have pen the replacement?

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

The government already has too much control over us...DESPITE the Constitution. I would completely scrap it, disband the government, and all its institutions.

Unfortunately, we won't get that chance without another revolution.

Startingover45's photo
Sun 10/19/08 10:23 AM
Edited by Startingover45 on Sun 10/19/08 10:26 AM

We probably need to rewrite the Constitution...after all, it IS an outdated, antiquated document. This is 2008! It needs to get with the times.

Wow, I can't believe this statement! After all of the lives that were sacrificed to ensure we could escape the reaches of a controling government, you would throw away the wisdom and experience that wrote it. It's enough that it's been amended through the years to escape the very reason this land was discovered by our ancestors. Dare I ask who you would have pen the replacement?

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

Startingover45's photo
Fri 10/17/08 07:37 AM
Simply put:

If it's against the law to carry a gun, only outlaws will have them.

Think about it!

Startingover45's photo
Fri 10/17/08 07:13 AM
That comment seems like the electronic version of a slap in the face. How about being polite but to the point...

"Thanks for your interest, but we're not a good match."

If I get a message that appears the sender thinks he is responding to a message I know I didn't send, I usually add:

FYI: Most sites send an automatically generated notice claiming a person is interested whenever someone checks out your profile, or whenever you are online it sends notices to others that match some of your criteria.

I've received so many..."we thought you'd like to know 'xyz' is looking for someone like you" or "'xyz' is interested in you" It's how they keep you logging in so all the members appear to be active. Who would join a site that no one has logged onto in 3 months?

Anyway, you can always be rude if they insist on replying back to one of these messages. Why crush someone who has just gotten their hopes up through the trickery of electronic match making?

- My two cents