Community > Posts By > TotallyCheated

TotallyCheated's photo
Sat 01/28/12 04:32 PM
Sadly, the female president in "24" only had a term in office of 1 day - and then, if I remember correctly got locked up for corruption...

Let's hope reality doesn't follow fiction too closely!

laugh

TotallyCheated's photo
Sat 01/28/12 04:27 PM
Yup,
nice story but slightly twisted logic.

If you want pictures of Clifs in Google (Images), type "Cliffs", or pictures of Oceans, type "Oceans".

Why would you search on a negative that has nothing to do with what you actually want to see?

Best Of Luck with Your Google Searching!!

happy

TotallyCheated's photo
Sat 01/21/12 11:27 AM
Lucky that this was posted in the "Jokes & Funny Stories" sections or we'd all be taking this far tooooo seriously!

Personally speaking, if I was swayed to vote for someone based upon their particular political policies and then, once they got into power, they did virtually the opposite - I'd certainly feel that I'd been lied to.

Again, no offence intended to you. If you choose not to recognise massive political U-Turns or aren't in the least bit bothered by them - then all's good in your world and I guess that's the main thing.

Hava gr8 day.

happy

TotallyCheated's photo
Sat 01/21/12 09:22 AM

...cant say whether someone says something because its sincere or 'just' to get what they want, unless Im dealing with them on an intimate familiar basis...

I think you could tell the difference with Politicians pretty easily and with no personal contact at all. They say 'X' to get into power. Then all of a sudden they 'categorically never said X' or somehow they manage to introduce a policy that is diammetrically opposed to that which got them into power...
frustrated

I think the term is "Snake Oil"....
:wink:

TotallyCheated's photo
Fri 01/20/12 02:55 AM
Edited by TotallyCheated on Fri 01/20/12 02:57 AM
No disrespect intended to DD, nor your opinions of him, but ask yourself this:

"How many politicians have said what they needed to say to gain public support and then, once in a position of power, have done a complete U-Turn on their proposed policies?"

;-)