Community > Posts By > knightwriter

knightwriter's photo
Sat 05/31/08 11:13 AM
Welcome to jsh! Have fun and enjoy the forums, There are a lot of great people here..

knightwriter's photo
Sat 05/31/08 10:25 AM

First of all I want to say that I have not encountered any scammers on this site. happy

However, confidence is High that some are on other dating sites where scammers troll for victims. So here are some pointers for Identifying scammers.

NOTE: The folks are very organized and DANGEROUS. The picture you see is NOT the person/persons you are talking with!! You are dealing with a very organized people whose goal is to take emotional and financial advantage of you.devil

1) The have had a recent tragedy in their lives - parent died (often in a tragic way) in the last 1 - 3 years.
2) Parents are divorced and they have gone looking for their "lost" parent.
3) They caught their best friend with their boyfriend/girlfriend in bed together or some such varient.
4) They have recently been robbed or in a car accident.
5) The are currently living or working in West Africa - Nigeria or Ghana.
6) They are stranded in a foreign country and need help getting money they are owed or just flat out ask for money with a promise of repaying it when they are back in the US.
7) If you talk with them on YM or receive e-mails from them their spelling and grammer is very poor.
8) In an the first e-mail you recieve you get a "life story".
9) Your profile is the best they have ever seen and they know you are the "soul mate". (Had one that immediately said she wanted to move in with me in her first e-mail!!!!)
10) The want to know all about you and say little about themselves - other then what is on the script they are using.
11) Pictures they send are often small and only of them. Look at the pictures for signs that don't match their story. (Had one claiming she was in a refugee camp and her pictures were from a resort in Jamacia. DUH!!!!)
12) They give a hard luck story about something that has recently happened and they need you to send money via Western Union.
13) Ask you if you have a web cam so they can see you. (They won't have one.)
14) Ask you for your phone number so they can call you or ask you to send money so they can buy a phone card to call you.
15) Their YM ID is something like - "honestsoulxx"

IF YOU SUSPECT YOU ARE TALKING WITH A SCAMMER WHAT DO YOU DO?

1) Get the IP off the header of any e-mail and use dnsstuff.com to track it.
2) Check out focushawaii.com to see if their picture is there. It is one of the many sites used by scammers to steal pictures form.
3) google their name.
4) google internet love scams and check out the sites that post known scammers. There are a number of sites dedicated to busting and posting scammers. They are probably on one or more of those sites.

ONCE CONFIRMED AS A SCAMMER

CUT OFF ALL COMMUNICATION IMMEDIATELY!!!!! ADD THEM TO THE IGNORE LIST ON YM OR MS MESSENGER.

DO NOT - REPEAT DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BAIT OR PLAY WITH THEM!!!!!!! This is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. Internet Love Scams are a Multi-Million dollar industry. You are dealing with Organized Crime. And they are "Masters of the Mind Game".

If you have been scammed. Their are sites available for support.
Hi Redshirt, I have never met you, but I have been watching this threat for a few minutes. I read all the responses so far, and I say you are right. In my line of work, I have seen what you are talking about, both financially and emotionally. You posted good information, and are making people aware. These scammers come in all shapes and sizes. The info you provided is good...The only thing I would add is there are a lot of other sites and ways to keep anyone from getting or hijacking info from people, including how to not have your e mail hijacked.. What you said to look for is a very good start, however there is so many other ways they do this, people don't even know they have been scammed out of anything until it already happened...If you ever need or want any more info on how to stop these people, please feel free to contact me...Also to all the people, there are ways to recover anything you may have lost to a scammer...I do it for people all the time. What everyone needs to remember is, your not a fool and don't be embarrased that it happened. Your not an idiot, these people are...My hat's off to you for this forum.Good job.Again, any assistance needed by anyone in this area, just contact me. Hope I didn't offend anyone...Just putting the help out there...Have a good day to all.

Knight...hard to send you a message when one doesn't met your criteria. laugh

Dreamcatcher...Yep sounds like you have met a scammer.
Sorry about that Redshirt, I'm fixing that now!

knightwriter's photo
Sat 05/31/08 10:03 AM

First of all I want to say that I have not encountered any scammers on this site. happy

However, confidence is High that some are on other dating sites where scammers troll for victims. So here are some pointers for Identifying scammers.

NOTE: The folks are very organized and DANGEROUS. The picture you see is NOT the person/persons you are talking with!! You are dealing with a very organized people whose goal is to take emotional and financial advantage of you.devil

1) The have had a recent tragedy in their lives - parent died (often in a tragic way) in the last 1 - 3 years.
2) Parents are divorced and they have gone looking for their "lost" parent.
3) They caught their best friend with their boyfriend/girlfriend in bed together or some such varient.
4) They have recently been robbed or in a car accident.
5) The are currently living or working in West Africa - Nigeria or Ghana.
6) They are stranded in a foreign country and need help getting money they are owed or just flat out ask for money with a promise of repaying it when they are back in the US.
7) If you talk with them on YM or receive e-mails from them their spelling and grammer is very poor.
8) In an the first e-mail you recieve you get a "life story".
9) Your profile is the best they have ever seen and they know you are the "soul mate". (Had one that immediately said she wanted to move in with me in her first e-mail!!!!)
10) The want to know all about you and say little about themselves - other then what is on the script they are using.
11) Pictures they send are often small and only of them. Look at the pictures for signs that don't match their story. (Had one claiming she was in a refugee camp and her pictures were from a resort in Jamacia. DUH!!!!)
12) They give a hard luck story about something that has recently happened and they need you to send money via Western Union.
13) Ask you if you have a web cam so they can see you. (They won't have one.)
14) Ask you for your phone number so they can call you or ask you to send money so they can buy a phone card to call you.
15) Their YM ID is something like - "honestsoulxx"

IF YOU SUSPECT YOU ARE TALKING WITH A SCAMMER WHAT DO YOU DO?

1) Get the IP off the header of any e-mail and use dnsstuff.com to track it.
2) Check out focushawaii.com to see if their picture is there. It is one of the many sites used by scammers to steal pictures form.
3) google their name.
4) google internet love scams and check out the sites that post known scammers. There are a number of sites dedicated to busting and posting scammers. They are probably on one or more of those sites.

ONCE CONFIRMED AS A SCAMMER

CUT OFF ALL COMMUNICATION IMMEDIATELY!!!!! ADD THEM TO THE IGNORE LIST ON YM OR MS MESSENGER.

DO NOT - REPEAT DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BAIT OR PLAY WITH THEM!!!!!!! This is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. Internet Love Scams are a Multi-Million dollar industry. You are dealing with Organized Crime. And they are "Masters of the Mind Game".

If you have been scammed. Their are sites available for support.
Hi Redshirt, I have never met you, but I have been watching this threat for a few minutes. I read all the responses so far, and I say you are right. In my line of work, I have seen what you are talking about, both financially and emotionally. You posted good information, and are making people aware. These scammers come in all shapes and sizes. The info you provided is good...The only thing I would add is there are a lot of other sites and ways to keep anyone from getting or hijacking info from people, including how to not have your e mail hijacked.. What you said to look for is a very good start, however there is so many other ways they do this, people don't even know they have been scammed out of anything until it already happened...If you ever need or want any more info on how to stop these people, please feel free to contact me...Also to all the people, there are ways to recover anything you may have lost to a scammer...I do it for people all the time. What everyone needs to remember is, your not a fool and don't be embarrased that it happened. Your not an idiot, these people are...My hat's off to you for this forum.Good job.Again, any assistance needed by anyone in this area, just contact me. Hope I didn't offend anyone...Just putting the help out there...Have a good day to all.

knightwriter's photo
Fri 05/30/08 10:29 PM
Yes sir, Happily It's going well.

knightwriter's photo
Fri 05/09/08 08:25 AM
Please help !!! Thank you!!!

knightwriter's photo
Mon 04/21/08 07:41 PM
Just my opinion ...but you better be real sure about the marines...It changes your life, It changed mine for the better, but that is not always the case. Deployment is always possible and extending it is probable. Take a step back, look at all your options and do whats best for you. Maybe continuing your education while working is an option...Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck.

knightwriter's photo
Thu 04/10/08 10:00 PM
Welcome and have fun !!!

knightwriter's photo
Thu 04/10/08 09:42 PM
xp

knightwriter's photo
Thu 04/10/08 09:20 PM

Just my opinion, conentrate on the big picture. Make school the priority and graduate. Everything else will fall into place. Commit yourself to that, the rest is just details !!! Good luck!!!

I think ur advice is superb.I totally agree.Stay focused on the main picture & do not let ur priorities falter.Godspeed!Cy:smile: flowerforyou
Thank you cy !!

knightwriter's photo
Thu 04/10/08 09:16 PM

Honey, you have a long road ahead of you, take your time , relax
Well said!!

knightwriter's photo
Thu 04/10/08 09:14 PM
Just my opinion, conentrate on the big picture. Make school the priority and graduate. Everything else will fall into place. Commit yourself to that, the rest is just details !!! Good luck!!!

knightwriter's photo
Thu 04/10/08 09:01 PM
Whats on your mind?

knightwriter's photo
Wed 04/09/08 09:56 PM
Exactly what happens after you die.

knightwriter's photo
Wed 04/09/08 09:35 PM

:smile: When someone come's home from a combat zone they need to feel they have something to protect,,,, It happened to me aswell and it is very different,,,, I say he need's some time to decide what he really want's???? It's not you or anything like that,,,, It is hard to explain,,,, But to think someone love's you while you are thier make you want to be happy with that person,,,, Do you see where I am going???? I am lost now,, I still feel the need to fight for something even if it is wrong,,, It is a really sad feeling....Good luck
Hey cdanny, I never met you but thank you for your service, thank you.

knightwriter's photo
Wed 04/09/08 09:27 PM
Hey wildflower, I don't know if this will give you the answers you're looking for, but my hope is maybe it will help. Speaking from long experience, It's an obviously diffrent world over their. I have seen and heard what you're saying a million times. When your there, you rap your mind around anything that gives you some kind of peace or something you feel your missing. It keeps you going. Then, and this is where the problem comes in. You get back home and for a short while you THINK you know what you want. Truth is if you don't give yourself time to re adjust to your surroundings again, you will run away from things just because there not familiar or your scared to lose something, so It's easier to run the other way. Please understand I am in no way standing in judgement of him or anyone. We all experienced our own things over their. Bottom line is YOU ARE NOT the problem. It's very possible he will de compress from being their and go ahead with the plans you made. But he may not. I'm not sure If this helps or makes you more confused, just trying to shed some light on where his head might be. I wish you the best, and whatever you do, don't take it as a personal shot at you. Again, It's not you. If you have any questions, feel free to write me. Again, I am not judging anyone, and I hope it works out for you...I hope this helped...

knightwriter's photo
Sun 02/24/08 06:21 PM

just so you know, i am the only one that rub's cat's feet lol
Fair enough!!! LOL

knightwriter's photo
Sun 02/24/08 06:20 PM
True, but I don't get on here much.

knightwriter's photo
Sun 02/24/08 06:16 PM
I am Looking for some feedback on my profile. Please be honest as I am pretty new and would appreciate any advice. Thank you all!!!

knightwriter's photo
Wed 02/20/08 10:15 PM

theres a million of em...but my song with my first wife was...the flame by cheap tricklaugh good song musta been that year
Excellent one!!! Totally agree

knightwriter's photo
Wed 02/20/08 10:13 PM
And you just can't leave out Amazed...By Lonestar,It says it all!!!

Previous 1