Community > Posts By > hpy2b2day

hpy2b2day's photo
Tue 02/21/12 03:10 PM

Free will is choice, period. No if's an's or but's about it. Free will means you can make a choice. The reaction and or consequence of the action has no merit on weather it's free will or not, for you still had the choice.

You have the choice to obey God, or not. You are not an automatically programmed robot or puppet on a string. YOU choose, no one else.

I disagree. (WITH THE BOLD) We have the consciousness to think for ourselves. We don't need a boss to obey. WE ARE FREE. Our souls are free.

The will is a conscious decision to direct your own life. It is not simply a choice. Most choices you make throughout your day are unconscious choices. When you make a conscious choice, you are using your will.

The will is always conscious. We live most of or lives reacting and responding to natural stimuli that is programmed within our makeup. That is, we don't really THINK about what we are doing or the choices we are making.

The WILL IS ALWAYS and naturally FREE. It is not a "gift." It is earned by becoming conscious. When we as creatures become more and more conscious, we manifest our ability to think and use our will.

There is no entity living and ruling us giving us commands and asking us to obey. There is only consciousness.

It is not a choice to "obey" God or not. That is ridiculous. We are designed and have evolved with the ability to THINK AND REASON AND BE CONSCIOUS.

We are not robots because and only because have evolved to have more consciousness.

Well said, my thoughts precisely. Although I allow(respect) freedom of choice in what others choose to believe, as I allow myself, I am confounded when seemingly intelligent folks choose, what I believe to be, superstition over trusting their own core.