Community > Posts By > Arthurity

Arthurity's photo
Thu 11/03/11 11:46 AM
I found this hilariously funny and true. Probably off-topic, I didn't bother reading those new 25 pages (omg!).

Here, have a laugh. It's about why people 'choose' to be gay n_n

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-ytlNBbRgAg

Arthurity's photo
Tue 11/01/11 02:22 PM

I'm not at all afraid -- If I'm not mistaken, I'm the only one here who's still somewhat calm and collected without issuing direct attacks on people. I won't say anything about the brain's evolution -- that's true.

All I can say is about why people keep switching their labels. There's a lot to be said about social constructs and rules that people (subconsciously) feel they need to follow. Deep rooted fears of disappointing certain figures, or being abandoned by them are major examples of this. I for example first fought this attraction to men because it was out of the ordinary, and I've already had enough experiences by then to feel somewhat afraid of being unwanted.
Then settled with bisexual for a while, and relapsed to straight again. However I seemed unable to really want a sexual relationship with women (even if I can care for them as much as for men). After a few lifechanging steps I finally stepped up and am an out-of-closet gay.
It's the same for gay men. A lot of them have deeprooted fears or hatred towards women, and for reasons in the past, can't bear being cose to them (imagine having a lousy mother, or women around you always lashing out and hurting you).

The list goes on. Do not think it is easy for anyone on this world to truly be themselves. Most aren't and are controlled largely by set rules and ideas to make their decisions for them.

your last sentence said it best... their are alot of people like me, and a lot of people like you...don't hit on straight people, and i'll never hit a gay...

Actually that's very tricky. You can't tell who's gay or not by just looking at them. Most of the time (yes, even if some people claim to have an innate gaydar). If you get hit on by a man don't take it personal ;) take it as a compliment since it takes most men a lot o courage to walk up to a fellow man and do it, so if that's ever happens you must've had something shiny going on. You can just kindly decline and say you don't swing that way.

lol...if it were only so easy... no means no...sometimes you have to get nasty with some, just like women have to do with some/most men...

Wow, guess I'm a bit naive then (or that dude just really hasn't gotten any for too long a time...). Well there's kinds of everyone, would be boring otherwise. Just hope you didn't get your image ruined. I swear we're not all horndogs *waves*

lol, i know your not all horndogs... but working between 3 gays bars at 2 in the morning pretty much ruined it for me... drunks are drunks, no matter the orientation...

Awwws, that's torture sometimes o.o I'm a bartender at this cozy restaurant/cafe and even then it's already hectic at times. Hard to imagine what you're going through sometimes XD

Arthurity's photo
Tue 11/01/11 02:13 PM

I'm not at all afraid -- If I'm not mistaken, I'm the only one here who's still somewhat calm and collected without issuing direct attacks on people. I won't say anything about the brain's evolution -- that's true.

All I can say is about why people keep switching their labels. There's a lot to be said about social constructs and rules that people (subconsciously) feel they need to follow. Deep rooted fears of disappointing certain figures, or being abandoned by them are major examples of this. I for example first fought this attraction to men because it was out of the ordinary, and I've already had enough experiences by then to feel somewhat afraid of being unwanted.
Then settled with bisexual for a while, and relapsed to straight again. However I seemed unable to really want a sexual relationship with women (even if I can care for them as much as for men). After a few lifechanging steps I finally stepped up and am an out-of-closet gay.
It's the same for gay men. A lot of them have deeprooted fears or hatred towards women, and for reasons in the past, can't bear being cose to them (imagine having a lousy mother, or women around you always lashing out and hurting you).

The list goes on. Do not think it is easy for anyone on this world to truly be themselves. Most aren't and are controlled largely by set rules and ideas to make their decisions for them.

your last sentence said it best... their are alot of people like me, and a lot of people like you...don't hit on straight people, and i'll never hit a gay...

Actually that's very tricky. You can't tell who's gay or not by just looking at them. Most of the time (yes, even if some people claim to have an innate gaydar). If you get hit on by a man don't take it personal ;) take it as a compliment since it takes most men a lot o courage to walk up to a fellow man and do it, so if that's ever happens you must've had something shiny going on. You can just kindly decline and say you don't swing that way.

lol...if it were only so easy... no means no...sometimes you have to get nasty with some, just like women have to do with some/most men...

Wow, guess I'm a bit naive then (or that dude just really hasn't gotten any for too long a time...). Well there's kinds of everyone, would be boring otherwise. Just hope you didn't get your image ruined. I swear we're not all horndogs *waves*

Arthurity's photo
Tue 11/01/11 02:06 PM

Arthurity's photo
Tue 11/01/11 01:53 PM

Arthurity's photo
Tue 11/01/11 01:41 PM
Scientists have conducted brain activity scans, and it's shown that the more active zones for certain triggers with gay men are different from straight men, and more similar to that of straight women. It's same the other way around.

Excuse me for not providing a source and black/white result for this, but I'm simply relaying what I know and have seen in various docusmentaries. And I'm sure there's other similar tests.

That being said, I frankly do not care how this discussion ends. All I can say is that you are entitled to your own opinion, as long as you don't force it on others who disagree. They have reasons for sticking to their opinion. be that justified or not, they aint gonna listen.
We have spoken our mind, and even that happened in a volatile manner (goes for me too to a degree, as response to the religious ideas), and we should leave it at that if we aren't capable of having a mature discussion without reverting to acting like kids who have a fight over whose dad owns whose.

Arthurity's photo
Tue 11/01/11 07:53 AM
Thanks you guys! :D

Arthurity's photo
Tue 11/01/11 07:51 AM
The odds are as good as that of any other type of genetics. The brain of a gay man works more similar to that of a straight woman in certain areas (please do not read as that they act like women). It's all based on luck if you happen to be attracted to men or women or both, and it is not by choice. People do not choose how their brain functions.

Arthurity's photo
Tue 11/01/11 06:21 AM
You're looping in your explanations.. They don't really make much sense. People are born gay, straight or anything in between or outside of it. It's been scientifically proven. If you are so strongly religious you should see that it is God who shaped us this way.

Calling it a bad habit is just calling it something 'wrong', which is no different from calling it bad. On top of that, it suggests that it is something you 'learn' doing and can quit doing like smoking. You can hide it, but you'd only be lying to yourself.

And if God really is non-judgemental, then you shouldn't be either, but I have ym doubts about your God's view as you keep saying judgemental things.

That said, I guess the original poster got his/her answer... People dislike it because of what they're taught in their society. Not that it has to make sense. That means though, that you can realise they're way off and hope that they talk more sense in the next generation. Just enjoy yourself and be yourself, and nobody can do you any harm.

Arthurity's photo
Tue 11/01/11 06:08 AM
Thanks :) I was rather surprised to find a community here, not sure why... But I definitely like it :wink:

Arthurity's photo
Mon 10/31/11 09:29 PM
Those always killed be at achool. Well anyway, after an unbelievable funny talk with most of my immediate family I finally gathered the courage to make an account on some sites and live a little :)

Curious for new experiences, and I don't really know what to expect. But I guess that's part of the excitement! I hope to get in contact with a few people soon so I can be more confident in this whole dating thing xP

Lot's of love!