Community > Posts By > moi_cory

moi_cory's photo
Sun 12/02/07 08:02 PM
My friends would always fix me up on blind dates, because they knew I would be "kind" no matter what. I had a lot of blind dates that were first dates for my partner that evening. One time my roomate and her boyfriend asked me to go out with a guy they worked with. They were pretty vague about what he looked like, or really anything about him. I think they might have mentioned that he was shy. Well I agreed to it, and waited for them to tell me when he wanted to meet. Several weeks passed and I asked them one day what was going on. They both looked real sheepish. They said well he won't go out with you till we tell you something.....Okay I said, (how bad could this be?) They proceed to tell me that he wants me to know he has no hair and no teeth. Well I'm taken aback, but I don't want to come off as superficial, so I ask for specifics. Well he has a little hair, but he's loosing it quickly, and this doesn't bother me. He's lost his teeth because he's a diabetic. So I'm being sympathetic, and I agree to have him over for dinner with "them". I tell them instead of Steak and Corn on the Cob, we will have Chicken and Dumplings and Banana Pudding! I was trying to be helpful! (smile) Well the big day came and my roomate and I had everything ready. The guy's showed up and I watched out the window as my date staggered out of the truck, drunk! Apparently he was more nervous than me. He climbed in the back of the truck and got his gift for me, a watermellon. I was impressed! He staggered in the door, looked at me and said, Did Tracey tell you I didn't have any hair? I said yes. He pulled off his hat. He said....did Tracey tell you I didn't have any teeth? Yes I replied again. At this point I noticed he had teeth. I found out later he had gotten them specifically to meet me and they were brand new. Well he informed me they were hurting and he wanted to spit them out! I calmly gave him a paper towell. It was an interesting evening! At the end of it, he was leaving and couldn't remember where he had put his teeth. I was really loosing my Mary Poppin's like charm and made the statement that if he didn't find them I would find them and take them to school for a science experiment. He was not amused. I however was, and continue to be every time I tell this story. There is more to it, but the rest is really off color so I'll save it only for those perverse enough to enquire. It has to do with a confession he made to me, about how he spends his evenings on the farm! Another one of my best stories!