Community > Posts By > truckmover

truckmover's photo
Sun 01/05/14 12:42 PM

That was when they were on vacation and Lucy was inside trying to cook lunch while Ricky was driving.
If I remember correctly, he was towing it with a caddy.
And if i remember correct wasn't Lucy collecting rocks from places they were in the back of that camper? Worth checking into!!
The serial numbers just inside the door jam confirm registration of both Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez.

truckmover's photo
Sat 01/04/14 09:04 PM
Coke year round.

It's my only form of caffeine that I drink.happy

truckmover's photo
Sat 01/04/14 08:51 PM
Edited by truckmover on Sat 01/04/14 08:54 PM
This story brought me very close to home OP. Thanks for sharing.

I too work in an overly priced area the West Texas oilfield. Summer before last was servicing a well on a large Ranch when I looked out in this pasture and saw what looked like a vintage mobile trailer house. I must have past it 20 times over next week. The shape and size memorized me soi went to town and bought a pair of binoculars. Next day I went back and caught the most beautiful image. It was a Royal Spartanette rv. I was familiar with the brand made in Tulsa Oklahoma post world war 2. History shows that the Spartan Aircraft Company produced these trailers only couple years after the war.

Long story short I drove up to the ranch owners home and offered her $600 dollars for it. I pulled it to a friends shop and proceeds to inspect. The interior was only slightly worn and still had all original equipment. Best thing was all worked like a champ!

I currently live in this 50% remodeled trailer that after searching previous owners was purchased by Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez for $4000 dollars in 1950.

What a find it was!!!

truckmover's photo
Sun 12/29/13 06:51 AM
Telstra is 505-01,

Found by Google search... Hope it works for you.

truckmover's photo
Sun 12/29/13 06:07 AM
It's not just here on mingle Op.

It's the same way in real world

truckmover's photo
Wed 11/09/11 07:35 PM
I would buy my dream car "Tesla", and drive to Florida and ask my dream woman to marry me!

truckmover's photo
Fri 11/04/11 01:56 PM
Well I just got back from Toronto, On., and my favorite trip this year was to the
Province of NewFoundland Canada. I have to go back there next summer!

I have been to most areas of North America, and find British Columbia, Montana, Idaho,
Washington, and Oregon to be the places I like to visit.