Community > Posts By > Turtlepoet78

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 03:17 PM

I don't think legalization makes it any better though too. There is no good ground.

It is when we can regulate the sales, purity, and source of it. As well can we use it to increase rehabilitation and mental health programs. Not to mention having the right to decide what goes into your own body;^]

You really think it we legalized it Mexico and the other drug states would just decide to pack it in? lol come on. They'd be on the streets selling cheaper, better product. Or, they'd be hitting drug sites to eliminate competition.

That's speculation, but under my prop. folks could grow their own if they chose (up to 3 plants). Marijuana is something that can be grown cheap enough to not cost more than a couple bucks a pack before taxes, I think most people would buy American marijuana for the quality control. Besides that, legalisation = new jobs, government jobs, manufacteuring jobs, agricultural jobs, and so on & son. Prohibition = mobb control;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 03:01 PM

I don't think legalization makes it any better though too. There is no good ground.

It is when we can regulate the sales, purity, and source of it. As well can we use it to increase rehabilitation and mental health programs. Not to mention having the right to decide what goes into your own body;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 02:59 PM

The Great Basin: More than 200,000 square miles to search, in desert and mountain ranges. Yeah, good luck.

What I'm wondering is how far is the surface of the sand from the surface of the ground underneath;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 02:55 PM
Apparently it's been said, we have to have a good balance between regulation and liberation concerning firearms. I agree with strict backround checks, 3 day waiting period, banning guns like the maudi griffin, but we can't forbid the sales to law abiding citisens. I personaly don't care for guns, and don't wanna see kids packing at schools, and it's important to remember that the right to carry a firearm is an alienable right. The most important things is making sure that all weapons are traceable;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 02:46 PM
I don't know the answer to this, so can anybody tell me how deep the nevada desert goes?;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 02:44 PM
Maybe maybe not, but 500,000 would still be a big number. We definatly need more progressive methods such as this, we could also stand to have some boycotts and strikes. I posted my propisition for the legilisation some time ago, it's time to face the fact that prohibition only makes the problems involved with drugs worse;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 02:38 PM

No one is going to show up. They'll start smoking in the morning and forget that they had something to do that day...lol

Naw, half the legalisation movement is sober including myself. If I can manage the transport I'll be there;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 02:35 PM
Maybe it's because I started posting again today..lol. I can chew gum, just don't ask me to walk;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 02:33 PM
lol... You never know, the skyline drive might change your opinion, they're tamer than anywhere else I've ever been. I actualy filmed a bear with it's cub from a distance of about maybe 10 yards without feeling endangered, just amazing, even the deer will usualy let you walk up & pet them;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 02:27 PM

Just to let everyone know that this is the Million Man Marijuana March on NYC
Where:Washington Square Park NYC
When: May 3, 2008 11 am
Come in peace or dont come at all !

WOW!!! I suggested this to NORML years ago to do in DC and was told in not so many words that it was a bad idea. Obviously I dissagreed, glad to see it taking form;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 02:17 PM
hehe, I'm with ya on that, I've got more virginia pride than I know what to do with...lol. Especialy history wise, but I love the comfort of being so close to black bear on the skyline drive, it's amazing how tame the wildlife is up there;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 02:13 PM
I believe in paranormal phenom. but am undecided on "ghosts". I'm actualy working on my projection hyopthisis concerning dimensional rips in space time to find the scientific explantion;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 02:09 PM
We already have the same problems as Canada, some hospitals are dirty and have long wait lines. Same thing here, as well both of us still have ER's in emergency situations. The problems are loose standards and not enough health care workers. Has nothing to do with how it's payed for, it's all about regulation. Besides, tax based health care doesn't have to be Canadas twin;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 01:57 PM

or the bermuda triangle?

He didn't have anywhere near enough fuel to make it over the ocean, much less to the carribean;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 01:53 PM
Probably buried in the desert;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 01:47 PM
Ah man, it's great, kind of a knick knack shop, lots of costumes, wigs, novelty hats, etc. etc. etc., I love it..lol. I know they've been trying to connect waynsburo with staunton for years only blocked by fishersville. I can't believe how long tho it took staunton to get public transport..lol;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 01:44 PM

Most of their talk has been concerning time phase withdrawel complimented with employing UN peace keepers. It's already been covered months ago & is considered well known enough that it isn't disscussed as much anymore;^

do you have a link to that cause I sure never heard about it...I wonder if the UN has...

Been living under a rock?;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 01:41 PM

Cut & run, another lie by the conservative base. That implies overnight withdrawel without any involvement left in the matter. Neither have proposed doing that;^]

well let me ask you again then....what exactly are their plans cause I havn't head anything except they are getting the troops out....

I already told you that, phase withdrawel complimented with deploying UN peacekeepers. But I think Bidens plan will eventualy catch on bigger;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 01:40 PM

If any of you want to see how social programs affect taxes all you need to do is take a look at Canada. You get less than you pay for and you have no independent voice or rights. You pay taxes relative to the number of members in your family and the amount of income, which means the the more money the single guy or woman makes the more taxes they pay to offset the people who don't work and/or the family who has kids who ends up paying less taxes. Personally if I want to help out someone financially or otherwise it should be my choice, it should not be mandated that my tax dollar helps out someone who is too lazy to go to work or someone who does not live a healthy lifestyle and is wasting healthcare taxes dollars

another holier than thou who assumes poverty is caused by laziness and a fat butt.not.Poor people have the same rights as you.I pay my healthcare thru my work.I am also glad to give someone a helping hand because it only takes one bad accident or illness to screw the finances.

Until they lose everything, then they'll be fully behind social security..lol;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 01:38 PM
That he did, but most of the world did in fact think he still had them. Kind of irrelevant now tho, we're there & as we've both said, pulling out right now isn't an option;^]

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25