no photo
Thu 08/22/19 10:04 PM

I ended up working for our IT department as a result of Y2k. Remember those scary days when everybody was uncertain if life would continue as we knew it back then?scared Wow, have we come a long ways from that.
I am a communications technician and my organization needed us to make sure that the phone system was Y2k compliant. We've been in IT ever since.

OMGoodneess, I remember that lol. Half the world were partying like it was 1999 (thanks Prince) and the rest were hiding in their basements with helmets on lol.

no photo
Thu 08/22/19 10:00 PM
Is anyone in the 209 into fitness? No one in my circle is into health grumble

no photo
Sat 08/17/19 11:36 PM

Have any men , 55 yrs old noticed that women do not respond to messages on mingle2?

It's not your age- it's your lack of photo. Women are visual creatures just like men and no woman wants to 'talk' to the blank photo of someone who may be a tree monster or a married man creeping around. Even if you are unattractive, take your best pic and post it proudly!

no photo
Sat 08/17/19 08:21 PM

Have you noticed The Disappearance of your dance clubs in your local city..
I'm referring to those big bars night clubs that had a dance floor on them...

I think it is because people are too scared to dance these days because they are too worried about what others think. When I deign to go out, all I see are men lining the walls watching the women 'dance' (and by dance I mean twerk).

no photo
Fri 08/16/19 02:03 PM

I chose IT school in order to accommodate a health condition. I have enjoyed it, but it's not great advancement options, but it's fairly consistent, and I have always loved computers. Internet learning is just so easy to access as well, so lately I have been taking a starter course for coding since my schooling was mostly hardware and was back in 2008. Are you just getting into the field or still getting your feet wet?

I am similar in that I have always had a love for computers and almost all technology. I was ruined in the 80s with McGuyver building helicopters out of a rubber band and Tic Tac! Much to my mother's annoyance, I took everything apart and rebuilt it. That was how I taught myself how to build computers. I became the unofficial geek squad fixing everyone's systems and peripherals. I went to school for it because I needed a career and knew it would be easy since I pretty much knew my way around. I earned a double masters in IT management and Organizational leadership with the intent to be a network admin. I've been in IT for a few years professionally and am discovering how hard it is to get where you want to go unless you have personal connections. I agree with you about limited advancement options and am in the same boat as you with being adept in software and hardware but crossing over into coding. I recently joined a company as a software engineer in training. I find it more challenging but I want to broaden my abilities. Thanks for sharing your experience in the field.

no photo
Fri 08/16/19 01:11 AM

Ultimate Warrior

Yessss! Hated when people claimed there were 2 different ones. Only 1 Warrior!

no photo
Fri 08/16/19 01:07 AM

It's a beautiful day.
Who can I piss off, today?

My sentiments exactly! You are my spirit animal lol

no photo
Fri 08/16/19 01:04 AM
Does anyone else have a career in information technology? What made you pick that career path?

no photo
Thu 08/08/19 10:01 PM
I'm a tad late to the party but I would like to add my 7 cents worth nevertheless. I was a child development major before realizing I did not like kids enough to do that as a career so I switched to computers because they do not talk back or sneak out the house like I did lol.
The only time to "train" your kids is when they are youngsters and still malleable. Once they become teens/close to adulthood, they yearn to break free from parents and make their own choices (pretty sure most of us did the same thing). That is fine as long as they foot their OWN bills. Since your child is grown, the only thing you can do to train her is to demand she respect the rules of the house. Short of physical punishment (I don't recommend), you cannot even make her respect YOU at this point, as we see played out on Dr. Phil. There is no asking her anything unless you happen to live in HER home. Since she lives under your roof, you set the rules and let her know she must obey them or at least maintain contact with you should circumstances arise where she cannot do so. That means that you must outline your terms and specify consequences if she breaks them. That requires some tough love on your part because you must follow through and be consistent. You must mean what you say and say exactly what you mean so there can be no argument. Of course, the consequences would be specific to that child like if you pay her car note, take the car away for a period of time to teach her responsibility but you must be consistent. Not to be mean, I am just brutally honest, but it sounds like she is running the show going by your statement about her still dirty winter shoes. Your threats may have worked, for now, but soon she will realize that is all you do and she will come to ignore them or even challenge them. She is disobeying you because she knows she can get away with it with only vague excuses as explanation. PLEASE teach her right, right now. When she has a career, do you think her boss will allow her to always be late and talk her way out of it? Maybe once, twice at best. Soon, boss will get sick of excuses and fire her. Same goes for when she gets her own place or being pulled over too many times for speeding: landowner or cop will only put up with so much before she must pay the piper and her arguments fall on deaf ears. I don't know any parents who want to see their kid suffer those fates. My advice is never threaten but react. Again, consistency is KEY. This is your last chance to teach her responsibility before she goes out into a world that will not love her and worry about her as you do.
When I tell my sons to do something, I meant it! I wish I WOULD repeat myself to them. If they do not comply, I am on it every time. I have to be as my youngest is very manipulative and sneaky. He actively seeks ways to skirt the rules but I am consistent with consequences. Yes, it can be tiring but parenting is literally a full-time job. You sound like a great, caring mommy and she's probably a good kid thanks to your efforts but you want to ensure she becomes a responsible adult. Kids sure don't come with a user manual so I give kudos to you for being brave and reaching out to other parents. Very best of luck to you (sorry for the rather windy entry, I am a published author and LOVE to write lol).

no photo
Thu 08/08/19 04:22 AM
I'm a gamer in both real life and virtual. Have been since the '80s when I had Intellivision and Atari and I've always been athletic. I do play pool, tennis, bowling, golf (meh) and am still a beast in volleyball at my age. At 6', I can almost spike without jumping.
Virtual games are mostly old school like any Mario, Wii games, Madden 11 (which I apparently suck at since my 15-year-old beats me), Call of Duty, Forza racing, Sonic, Pac man, Bomberman, etc. I even play Monopoly on Xbox when I am too lazy to pull the board game out. I play those perhaps once a week but game daily on my iPod Touch games like Chuzzle, Scrabble, Zuma, Spades, Dominos.
*Don't clutch your pearls on this one but I never got in on the Minecraft or Fortnite craze. I literally fall asleep watching my sons play Minecraft (yawn).

no photo
Thu 08/08/19 02:36 AM
I don't think I asked for employment fella lol. I have a career already. But thanks.

no photo
Thu 08/08/19 02:35 AM
Thanks doll. I'm on it!

no photo
Thu 08/08/19 02:25 AM
Heck yes, distance matters! I would never travel far to meet a stranger. Disclaimer: men do this too. One dude asked could he stay with me if he came to meet me all the way from the UK.

no photo
Wed 08/07/19 08:01 PM
My hypothesis is they are lazy and seeking instant gratification. They are not interested in getting to know that person, they just want a quick hook up without putting in any effort so they only look at the pics like a toddler lol.

no photo
Wed 08/07/19 07:56 PM
As much as I agree and detest bare profiles, the fact is that most people don't actually read profiles anyway (hence my new screen name, borne out of frustration). They will turn around and ask you questions which were already covered on your profile, proving they just look at the pics like toddlers lol.

no photo
Wed 08/07/19 07:50 PM
"May I use your phone to call my mother?" *Kindly hands him her phone* He calls his OWN phone to obtain her number without actually asking her for her number.

no photo
Sat 08/03/19 07:21 PM
Where are the white or Latino gents in the 209 who like black women?

no photo
Sat 08/03/19 07:21 PM
Edited by Please READ my profile before messaging on Sat 08/03/19 07:22 PM
Where are the white or Latino gents in the 209 who like black women?