MIDWESTGENTLEMAN's photo
Thu 03/29/12 11:53 AM
10 DATING DONTS FOR MEN AND WOMEN.(MUST READ)

10. NEVER MAKE A PERSON FEEL LIKE YOUR JOB IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN HIS OR HERS..(WHEN YOU DO THIS IT MAKES HIS WORK/CAREER AND ACHIEVEMENTS SEEM INSIGNIFICANT AND INFERIOR TO YOURS. YOU HAVE ELIMINATED THE STATUS OF EQUAL PARTNERS AND CAUSED THE RELATIONSHIP TO BE BASED ON HIERARCHY)

9. "WHAT YOU DON'T DO THE NEXT ONE WILL".(CONTRARY TO WHAT YOU MAY BELIEVE WHEN ARE GIVING ULTIMATUMS ABOUT YOUR PREFERENCE YOU HAVE ALLEVIATED SPONTANEOUS AND CAUSED DOUBT IN THE OTHER PERSONS MIND ABOUT YOUR WILLINGNESS TO BE FAITHFUL AND GROW AS A COUPLE).

8.OVER THINK A SITUATION. WOMEN ARE MORE EMOTIONAL THAN MEN AND TEND TO "MAKE MOUNTAINS OUT OF ANT HILLS". IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR CONCERN BRING IT TO THE TABLE IN A NON-CONFRONTATIONAL MANNER. ATTEMPTING TO DEBATE, REBUTTAL AND COUNTER ANSWERS THAT YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH USUALLY LEAD TO ARGUMENTS AND SEPARATION. REMEMBER OPINIONS ARE NOT FACTS. FEELINGS ARE PERSONAL AND ACCUSATIONS WITHOUT FACT HAVE NO MERIT AND SHOULD NOT BE EXPRESSED AS POINTS OR HAVE VALIDITY).

7.NEVER MAKE A PERSON FEEL LIKE AN OPTION.( ONCE YOU HAVE INTRODUCED THE POSSIBILITY IN A RELATIONSHIP THAT ONE MUST COMPETE TO GET RELATIONSHIP PERKS IN AN ALREADY ESTABLISHED COMMITMENT YOU HAVE ENSURED THE OUT COME. THERE IS NO LONGER TRUST, LOVE, RESPECT,UNDERSTANDING, PATIENTS OR RESPONSIBILITY. THE WHEELS HAVE ALREADY BEEN SET IN MOTION TO FIND A BETTER SUITED REPLACEMENT. THE IDEA ALONE OF SHARING INTIMACY OF A MATE WITH ANOTHER PERSON IS MENTALLY EQUIVALENT TO CHEATING).

6.COMPARE YOUR MATE TO AN EX.(YOU HAVE LED THEM TO BELIEVE THEY ARE A MISTAKE.WHEN YOU SAY THIS THEN YOU HAVE INSINUATED THAT THEY ARE BROKE AND UNFIXABLE.YOU HAVE LED THAT PERSON TO BELIEVE THAT THEIR FATE IN THE RELATIONSHIP WILL END UP AS THE PREVIOUS ONE THAT CAUSED PAIN AND DISPLEASURE..SEPERATED!).

5."WHAT YOU SAY DOESN'T MATTER"(WHEN YOU HAVE DISREGARDED YOUR MATES FEELINGS ESPECIALLY AFTER AN INTIMATE CONNECTION HAS BEEN MADE YOU HAVE CAUSED A FEELING OF WORTHLESSNESS AND WITHOUT THE FEELING OF WORTH YOUR MATE CAN NOT FEEL AS THEY HAVE ANY VALUE OR OPINION IN THE RELATIONSHIP).

4. KEEP EX LOVERS IN THE PICTURE.(THE FACT THAT YOU DISCUSS YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH PREVIOUS LOVERS IS A ISSUE. REGARDLESS IF THAT PERSON HAS MOVED ON NO PERSON WANTS TO BE INVOLVED WITH A MATE THAT KEEPS EX LOVERS INVOLVED IN CURRENT RELATIONSHIPS. THE TRUTH IS IF THEY ARE A EX THEN THE RELATIONSHIP DIDN'T WORK..WHY WOULD YOU SEEK ADVICE OR OPINIONS FROM A PERSON WHO DIDN'T HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE TO MAKE YOUR RELATIONSHIP WORK).

3.YOU AIN'T ****! ( THE BEST PART OF A RELATIONSHIP IS BELIEVING THAT YOUR MATE WILL SUPPORT,ENCOURAGE,PARTICIPATED IN ALL VENTURES NO MATTER HOW SMALL. IF YOU LEAD YOUR MATE TO BELIEVE THAT HE/SHE IS NOT AS AWESOME AS THEY THINK THEY ARE THAN YOU HAVE INFILTRATED CONFIDENCE AND MORAL. NO ONE IS WILLING TO KEEP A PERSON AROUND WHOM DOES NOT HAVE FAITH THAT THEY WILL ACCOMPLISH THEIR DREAMS AND ASPIRATIONS).
. . 2.TALK ABOUT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH OUTSIDERS.(WHEN THIS IS DONE A FRIEND IS ONLY GIVING ADVICE FROM YOUR POINT OF VIEW WHICH IS UNFAIR TO THE MATE..TYPICALLY BECAUSE A FRIENDS MAIN PURPOSE IS TO SUPPORT AND PROTECT YOU AND THAT MEANS YOU ARE POSSIBLY GETTING ADVICE FROM A YES MAN WHO IS PROTECTING YOUR FEELING AND ENCOURAGING YOU TO MAKE DECISIONS BASED ON YOUR PERSONAL FEELINGS WITHOUT KNOWING BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY).

1. NEVER CONTINUE TO HAVE THE SAME IDEAS,LIFESTYLE,OPINIONS,ATTITUDES, THOUGHT PROCESS OF A SINGLE PERSON.(YOU IN A RELATIONSHIP THAT DOESN'T MEAN CHANGE WHO YOU ARE IT ONLY MEANS YOU HAVE TO HAVE CONSIDERATION FOR THE OTHER PERSON INVOLVED. EVERYTHING THAT YOU DO HAS AN AFFECT ON THE MATE.YOU MUST SHARE EVERYTHING IN ORDER FOR TRUST TO BE PRESENT.NO SECRETS.YOU ARE NO LONGER A SINGLE BUT A PAIR AND WHAT GOOD IS A PAIR IF IT DOESN'T MATCH?).

PLEASE BE AWARE OF THESE 10 DON'TS IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO BE OR IN A RELATIONSHIP. THIS KNOWLEDGE COULD BE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HAVING SOMEONE IN YOUR LIFE FOR A REASON A SEASON OR A LIFETIME.

YOU CAN NOT KNOW EVERYTHING WITHOUT LEARNING SOMETHING! -ANTHONIO VICI

MIDWESTGENTLEMAN's photo
Wed 03/28/12 08:29 AM
DEAR DIVA

I can not offer you love for you have had so many different versions that your idea of a true one has been tarnished.
I can not offer you intimacy because you have been intimate so much that the experience is no longer new or meaningful but much rather a pastime hobby or chore.
You cant understand the things I am telling you because of the disappointment of things once told by those before me.
You seek refuge in online discussions, friends, advances and distractions instead of the one who wants to protect you and love you, I am not a friend but a burden a aggravation, your crazy.
Jealously is displeasure in ones achievements, gains or gracious circumstances not in the awareness of ones disrespect or inconsiderate actions in regards to ones well being in a relationship.. I am not an equal or a plus but a minus. Do you know the difference between you and us?
If being asked to cater is mistaken as controlling and faithful perceived as extreme request then how can I be confident in your ability of compromise and understanding.
You don't want me you want us.
The purpose of teamwork is victory but if without cooperation second place is just a almost accomplishment.
I give you my heart but it plays equal to a pair of shoes.. Its only enjoyable for particular events.
I want to give you the world but you are only happy with being inside the one you have created were you are safe from all empathy, compassion and honesty.
It is hard to be committed when you are only committed to yourself and ideas.
I want to show who I am but only if you can overlook who you want me to be or who the others before me were.
I wish I could be your one and only but I am like batteries to you.. Replaceable to a machine that is focused on one job...self preservation.
You are so accustom to running at the first sight of danger that its hard to believe you will fight for me or us.
Words start wars and you are more willing to battle to the death than have peace.
I am a jewel but when you have so many in your possession then I am just a stone.
Receiving is more important than giving and I have yet to have all of you only a fraction of who you can be and a portion of who you aren't.
My morals are nothing more than unwelcomed insights that have absolutely no merit.
It seems forever is only an option if you can dictate the present and future.
You used my love to humiliate, deceive, manipulate, mislead, betray and destroy my confidence. Your tactic was brutal and strategic.
I want to express how I feel but Its becomes a competition of emotions a battle of wits.
You look for truth in your opinion from others leaving my thoughts unworthy of consideration.
If your prior approach was so unsuccessful than at what point do you stop believing that you are always right in your pursuit of happiness.
Everything in this world has a need.. Fish need water.. Bees need nectar.. But you seem to have no need for me. I am a temporary pleasure.
I want to be the man you want and not the man you had but you are convinced we are the same.
I am not asking for sex but an intimate connection which is unobtainable to a person whom has no intimate need.
I am not asking for a date but for a forever, a partner for life and not just a for the moment.
You had me and wasted me as is I were a dish at a buffet. I can be so much more than a whatever or a option. I learned that you cant be a glass of water to a person who has a ocean to drink from and you cant offer yourself to a person who has so many offers. Your independence is not luxury but a shadow for the sun on me. I know its not fair to think that all people are set out to destroy a heart but when the path leaves behind all that was innocent in you there is nothing left but pieces to a puzzle that has no picture. I should have listened when doubt was spoken. I should have understood when discomfort was explained. I should have paid attention when my eyes showed me what was noticeable. I am just another nothing to you without any promise of being anything. I set you free of all that you are in my heart, mind, thoughts, emotions and ideas. I am not your happy place but much rather your desert island. Ill never be more than your unpleasurable sexual experience, your complaint department, your unofficial official. I provided you a toy with my heart, a inside joke with friends and family insult. I got an opportunity to be your ground to walk on, your source of anger, your reason to be in the presence and arms of another. I offered my heart and I only wish it was as tangible as a car or clothing and shiny jewelry because then I would know it had value in your life. I only pray that one day I will be the blueprint of how not to treat someone you love.

Yours Truly,
Good Manbrokenheart

MIDWESTGENTLEMAN's photo
Wed 03/28/12 07:45 AM
BEWARE OF THEM!

Social media will show who your real friends and lovers are. Dont allow them to convince you that its just meaningless fun. Writing and typing feelings, quotes, updates and bios is not the same as blurting out the first thing that comes to your mind. It can be revised, spell checked, proofread, deleted and rewritten.
It is a written documentation of who that person really is. What are the chances of a person saying I was wrong, I cheated, I'm a compulsive liar, my life is bad. People use social media to cover up the turmoil that exist in our daily lives. Anyone can come up with fancy quotes or inspirational information and advice but does that person themselves live with that same dignity, responsibility and honor that they encourage strangers and friends to?. People are so misleading hoping to impress someone good but 7 times out of 10 they have misrepresented themselves and bring baggage, betrayal, lies into the life of someone who is genuinely good.
What you see is who they are and more often time who they are not.
In this day and time its so hard to find honest, trustworthy, caring, understanding, patient, loving, respectful, supportive, loyal friends. Everyone has an agenda. Often times you find yourself being the butt of the joke or the subject for a facebook post. Maybe you are being emotionally and mentally bullied by someone who themselves has been mentally or emotionally abused time and time again. There is a possibility that your kindness is mistaken for weakness, people make the mistake of not liking what they don't understand. They themselves need approval from the masses before being a individual. Sometimes a person is suffering more than they allow you to know and maybe he/she doesn't know that you just maybe suffering more than them.
Remember good people treat you good, encourage you to do good, make you feel good, say and do good things. Its not rocket science! If you have experienced more hurt, lies, deceit, unfaithfulness, mistrust than you have love, compassion and commitment then understand you should not be the blame, after all you done what every person does in a "ship" (relation,companion,etc) you gave your all it was just simply misused.
Beware of people posting to be good, take time out read their wall and info.
Just because someone is pretty or handsome doesn't guarantee them to be a choice for mate or friend! Although intentions may not have been bad you still must understand that every choice was a DECISION which means there was a option not to hurt you. If someone convincing you your hurt is unimportant or you should "get over it" it is important that you understand that there is not guilt or remorse involved only the urgency of your forgiveness in order for that person to feel relief but know when your love is being taken advantage of. If this happen more than once than you have absolutely no value in that person life. Do you apologize to fire for burning you? No. but you should have enough sense not to get burned again after fire only has one function..to burn.
If they are posting on dating sites and offering inbox gratification then understand there is no longer a us because they are doing them attempting to attract another you (sucker).
Do not let friends or lovers make excuses not to love, protect, appreciate or respect you. Most of the time the person who says "you get on their nerves, you make me mad" or is impatient with you normally doesn't understand that they also have faults and you may be more tolerable than they could imagine. This person finds more comfort in blame than accountability. You only keep quiet cause you value their feelings and overlook their faults..thats ok because that's called UNCONDITIONAL LOVE and it has no boundaries or limitations.
When only your compliments are not enough to satisfy the ego and your feelings are not in consideration or opinions don't matter then no you are of no worth only a doormat. How many times do you need to be told you are pretty, sexy, thick or ****able before you believe it? Perhaps maybe because the inner you is so ugly, nasty, insecure and troubled.

People who use social media to jump from relationship to relationship and convo to convo don't want long term relationships they want instant gratification (like a cyber prostitute if you will). You are nothing more than a temporary distraction from a chaotic, dysfunctional life.
People will give you what you take, don't mistake love for convenience of companionship.

If you allow yourself to come second or third place then your treatment is less than gold.
A person who cares for you does so in adversity no matter the situation. They should act the same outside your presence as well as they do in your presence.

If you offer everything in a relationship meaning emotional, mentally, financially etc than you shouldn't have to acquire that persons loyalty it should be offered freely and honestly. Its a lot easier to say "lets just be friends" than to offer you a healthy committed relationship.

Know your worth and know when your efforts are worthless.

Stop excepting third class accommodations when you are a first class passenger in your journey with GOD. Have the courage to know when you are not desired or appreciated. I guarantee there is someone ahead waiting to be everything you need them to be.

THINK TWICE WHO YOU SHARE YOUR FRIENDSHIP WITH IN LIFE AND THE .COM