Community > Posts By > donna4mv

donna4mv's photo
Sun 12/02/07 08:02 PM

This guy apparently needs God in his life. Do you need to see everything with your own eyes to believe it? -- Well, I don't. And, most especially, Who I am to question anything about God Himself? -- Who are we to question anything about God? And I am blessed that I feel the way I do about God. How do I describe God: All Powerful, All Knowledgeable, Always Present. May God be with you, buddy! You do need God in your life. I will pray for you.

right I need God in my life just like "JOB" needed him ..you sound like a follower ..I guess if God told you to kill people you would...please don't say that God wouldn't

interesting that you would say that. ever seen the movie "Frailty". good film, you should check it out. on another note: god knows how i feel about killing so he wouldn't ask me, but if someone were to come at me, i'd pray i'd have the strength to kill them if necessary. is that bad? i've alway questioned that story in the bible. how do we know it was g-d who asked the man (whose name slips my mind) to sacrifice his son. what if it was the trickster disguising his voice to seem like g-d?

so then the trickster could have also said "I AM" ...and that is the point of this thread how would you know it was God and how would you know it is the God in the bible or are followers suppose to follow the first enity that say it is God

and why would God not ask you to kill when he asked someone to place their child on the altar with the quest of murdering the child ..even angels supposely kill for God
that's why i like you funches. we don't know and will probably never know. again, all i have is faith. the bible was written by man (with man's views and prejudices) so i don't study it and i don't necessarily accept it as the final word of g-d. i just believe without having to see because i associate g-d with hope. just as i believe that there is a g-d, i believe there is a trickster causing us to lose faith, question g-d's existence and so on. i would hope that g-d would not ask me to kill anyone but i pray that if someone comes at me, he'll give me the strength to kill them first. of course, g-d would have an army of angels. he's a leader who must assure the protection his people but i've never seen an angel and i've never seen one slay anything or anyone so i can't really speak on that

donna4mv's photo
Sun 12/02/07 07:41 PM

Funches, may I ask something in all seriousness?

Please?

I get the feeling that at sometime, you had your God, you felt close to your God, and you have been left, or been disappointed.... Do you feel your God failed you?

I ask not in judgement, but to better understand you.

Without insults, or innuendo, I am curious.

I am not a Christian, I do not follow a Christian God, just so you know.flowerforyou

nope your feeling is way off base on this one...I simply not a follower ..especially of unseen incomprehensible things

i like you, Funches. i think you're fine as you are. i think there's more to you than you're letting on but i like you just the same. i guess because you can't understand why g-d allows suffering, you cannot accept him. i understand that. i, too, have questioned it but remember who runs this world (man). man is a very flawed creature who has caused suffering (pick up any history book) all because we have free-will. some choose to do cruel things. others suffer because of those cruel acts. what keeps us is hope, hope that the suffering will end. question: do you believe in gravity? i do, but i don't understand it either.

you have no free will ..free will means you can do as you please without suffering any consequences ...
i don't agree, there's nothing about consequences in free will. it about free choice "the ability or discretion to choose". consequences don't apply since they come after. if you're gonna choose to do bad things, bad things will happen to you (the law of karma; ever action has an equal reaction rule) which makes good sense to me.

donna4mv's photo
Sun 12/02/07 07:33 PM

This guy apparently needs God in his life. Do you need to see everything with your own eyes to believe it? -- Well, I don't. And, most especially, Who I am to question anything about God Himself? -- Who are we to question anything about God? And I am blessed that I feel the way I do about God. How do I describe God: All Powerful, All Knowledgeable, Always Present. May God be with you, buddy! You do need God in your life. I will pray for you.

right I need God in my life just like "JOB" needed him ..you sound like a follower ..I guess if God told you to kill people you would...please don't say that God wouldn't

interesting that you would say that. ever seen the movie "Frailty". good film, you should check it out. on another note: god knows how i feel about killing so he wouldn't ask me, but if someone were to come at me, i'd pray i'd have the strength to kill them if necessary. is that bad? i've alway questioned that story in the bible. how do we know it was g-d who asked the man (whose name slips my mind) to sacrifice his son. what if it was the trickster disguising his voice to seem like g-d?

donna4mv's photo
Sun 12/02/07 07:14 PM

Funches, may I ask something in all seriousness?

Please?

I get the feeling that at sometime, you had your God, you felt close to your God, and you have been left, or been disappointed.... Do you feel your God failed you?

I ask not in judgement, but to better understand you.

Without insults, or innuendo, I am curious.

I am not a Christian, I do not follow a Christian God, just so you know.flowerforyou

nope your feeling is way off base on this one...I simply not a follower ..especially of unseen incomprehensible things

i like you, Funches. i think you're fine as you are. i think there's more to you than you're letting on but i like you just the same. i guess because you can't understand why g-d allows suffering, you cannot accept him. i understand that. i, too, have questioned it but remember who runs this world (man). man is a very flawed creature who has caused suffering (pick up any history book) all because we have free-will. some choose to do cruel things. others suffer because of those cruel acts. what keeps us is hope, hope that the suffering will end. question: do you believe in gravity? i do, but i don't understand it either.

donna4mv's photo
Sun 12/02/07 06:59 PM

we were never meant to understand him, we just trust him to know and do what's best. we do have peanut brains that over the years have doubted his existence in a world that's run on speed, technology and tangible facts. we can all pray for a cure or a miracle which may never come but think about how this world tests our faith and our strength everyday. i have my own experiences which have assured me that there is a g-d all because i prayed (as a child)to know that there was something worth praying to. now i can't deny him even i wanted to.

that's called being programmed from childhood...the one thing religion and the tabacco companies have in common ...get people while they are young and you have them for life in some shape form or fashion
so Funches, are you saying i have a cult member's mentality? i could've been like my ex who was a protestant who became an atheist. why was i so different. he went to church more than i did. i always make my holiday stops but i still believe. i believed in santa claus when i was a kid but i don't now. how do you explain that?

well when it came to Santa you just got to old to keep believing that a guy in a red suit and elf hat could fit down a chimney with a sack full of toys ..but that type of fantasy programming remain with you ...when people get older you can't control or threaten them that Santa is not going to bring them toys any longer ..you have to threaten that they will burn in hell or something
you're right, i guess i did get too old, but Funches, i never had a chimney growing up. I had fire escape and we had gates on the windows so there was no way to get in without a key. i saw pictures of santa growing up but never one of g-d. all i had as a child was hope (faith). i don't believe good souls go to hell whether or not you believe in the Christian-Catholic/jewish/muslim god, hindu gods or other. i don't necessarily agree with the practices of organized religions as they have proven to be the cause of wars and brutality

donna4mv's photo
Sun 12/02/07 06:46 PM

Mark 9 :47.

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out : it is bwtter for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye , than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire :

flowerforyou :heart: bigsmile

What wouldee? Do you mean a detachment from the body is the reason a limb can't be restored or what. Funches has made a good observation. I have seen some miraculous stuff, but that seems to be a taboo healing for some reason. I dunno.frown :cry: ------mad -----:heart:

he also don't cure people with gigantism ..he never cure people that are too tall that their bones break ..he never make them shorter

no, but seeing someone suffer from those afflictions may inspire someone to find a cure

and that's the point ...man has to cure
true. but, would man be able to do it without the resources or the brain that g-d provides?

donna4mv's photo
Sun 12/02/07 06:37 PM

we were never meant to understand him, we just trust him to know and do what's best. we do have peanut brains that over the years have doubted his existence in a world that's run on speed, technology and tangible facts. we can all pray for a cure or a miracle which may never come but think about how this world tests our faith and our strength everyday. i have my own experiences which have assured me that there is a g-d all because i prayed (as a child)to know that there was something worth praying to. now i can't deny him even i wanted to.

that's called being programmed from childhood...the one thing religion and the tabacco companies have in common ...get people while they are young and you have them for life in some shape form or fashion
so Funches, are you saying i have a cult member's mentality? i could've been like my ex who was a protestant who became an atheist. why was i so different. he went to church more than i did. i always make my holiday stops but i still believe. i believed in santa claus when i was a kid but i don't now. how do you explain that?

donna4mv's photo
Sun 12/02/07 06:26 PM

Mark 9 :47.

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out : it is bwtter for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye , than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire :

flowerforyou :heart: bigsmile

What wouldee? Do you mean a detachment from the body is the reason a limb can't be restored or what. Funches has made a good observation. I have seen some miraculous stuff, but that seems to be a taboo healing for some reason. I dunno.frown :cry: ------mad -----:heart:

he also don't cure people with gigantism ..he never cure people that are too tall that their bones break ..he never make them shorter

no, but seeing someone suffer from those afflictions may inspire someone to find a cure

donna4mv's photo
Sun 12/02/07 06:15 PM
oh, like the g-d on the simpson show, right?

donna4mv's photo
Sun 12/02/07 06:10 PM

donna4mv's photo
Sun 12/02/07 05:59 PM
Funches is right. i've never seen G-d, Christ or the universe other than in pictures. even in pics, G-d has always appeared as just a light. all i have is my faith to go on.

donna4mv's photo
Sun 12/02/07 05:54 PM
why can't G-d be the universe? the whole idea of G-d is hope. remember, a little something about him being all around us? Funches, he may not have cured the amputation but he's probably helped your dad cope in an unfair world with his family by him.

donna4mv's photo
Sun 12/02/07 05:42 PM
this may sound a bit crazy but i was always taught that my G-d was a powerful yet caring being with no face/color/size/sex. i look at him as being a father though and we were made in his image. here's a little food for thought: you ever seen someone who looks like someone else who's unrelated? well, everyone looks like someone else who looks like someone else and it goes on and on.

1 3 Next