Community > Posts By > mrobviousjosh

mrobviousjosh's photo
Tue 12/18/07 08:59 PM
Someone always get attached. I've seen it happen to plenty of friends and have had it happen to myself. If you are being physical with someone, even if you're not having sex, a romantic attachment begins to form. Even men will have this and can start acting like boyfriends even if they don't mean to (one example is jealousy). It's just a bad route to go. From my observations/experiences, I can tell you that, more often than not, friendships will be lost and/or, at a minimum, feelings will be hurt. I have seen/heard it work for some people but, honestly, most people can't do it. I hope that helps.

mrobviousjosh's photo
Wed 11/07/07 02:41 PM
A friend of mine's dad has a handlebar mustache. What's really funny is that his business card has a drawing of one instead of a portrait which is the norm. for his industry (he sells real estate). I have a friend with chops but I generally stay shaved.

mrobviousjosh's photo
Mon 11/05/07 11:04 PM
I think dealing with physical handicap, regardless of the cause, is a lot to deal with. There are a lot of factors to take into account when trying to answer what "most" people would do because we really need to consider what "most people in the same or similar circumstances" would do. Some things to consider: age, culture, etc. Some people can't handle the slightest deviation from the norm, regardless of the reasons. As for me, I haven't had to deal with this yet and, as a young man, can't honestly say how I would. Nearly a year ago my twin brother married a woman who was nearly ten years older with two kids. If you'd asked him whether or not he'd even date a woman matching that description two years ago, he'd have probably said no. This is a very complex issue and, understandably, has to be evaluated on a case by case basis. I guess my final answer is that I have no real answer. At least, not at this time given this vague hypothetical.

(oh yeah, and for all those people that think I'm just hiding behind youth, how many people, my age or older, would be willing to get seriously involved with someone if they wanted children of their own, not adopted, but knew the other person wouldn't be able to conceive for biological reasons? Factors like youth definitely play into this).

mrobviousjosh's photo
Mon 11/05/07 10:40 PM
wow, eee and ggg! WAY too much for me. I understand what you're saying about personalities though- some of the most unatttractive people have the worst personalities because their own self-image is so bad. :(

mrobviousjosh's photo
Mon 11/05/07 10:29 PM
Actually, it's a biological thing. While I don't consider myself a "breast man," statistically, men find women with larger breasts and certain hip to waist ratios more sexually appealing. Why? Because strong hips and breasts are an indicator that the woman is more likely to be fertile and able to bear children. Biologically speaking, men are hardwired to respond to this and, at least in American culture, the importance of breast size has been encouraged. :) Seriously though, I wouldn't worry about it that much. I mean, women place importance on penis and wallet size too. :P