Community > Posts By > Rickinbriefs

Rickinbriefs's photo
Tue 05/03/11 10:33 PM
All time - Bardot, Currently - Cottilard.

Rickinbriefs's photo
Tue 05/03/11 10:30 PM

Spanking Watson, by Kinky Friedman
Great book ! Love the Kinkster !

Rickinbriefs's photo
Tue 05/03/11 10:28 PM
Edited by Rickinbriefs on Tue 05/03/11 10:29 PM
"The List Of 7" by Mark Frost (Co-creator of the best television show ever - "Twin Peaks") It's sort of a Sherlockian pastiche, with Conan Doyle running all over Victorian England with an agent of Her Majesty trying to stop supernatural foes. Great fun and with all the chase scenes and other action would make a terrific movie !

Rickinbriefs's photo
Tue 05/03/11 10:20 PM
I think Matt Smith is absolutely terrific and I like the darker tone the show has taken on. But for me, Tom Baker was,is and ever shall be Dr. Who.

Rickinbriefs's photo
Tue 05/03/11 10:16 PM
Ellen Page.Edward Norton Philip Seymour Hoffman,...Actually it would be easier to tell you who I wouldn't watch if you put a gun to my head. First I've been having an argument in my head for years over who is the most over-rated actor in America - Tom Cruise or Tom Hanks?.Julia Roberts (unattractive and can't act.) Meryl Streep - I've never seen her create a real, believable character, she always looks like she's giving a performance. Dan Ackroyd did a better Julia Child than Streep did.

Rickinbriefs's photo
Tue 05/03/11 10:06 PM
Edited by Rickinbriefs on Tue 05/03/11 10:07 PM

Scott is good.

I like(including my favorite films of theirs)-

Robert Altman(Gosford Park, The Player)
Mario Bava(Planet Of The Vampires, Kill Baby Kill)
Jacques Tourneur(Cat People '42, The Comedy Of Terrors)
Albert Brooks(Real Life, Lost In America)
Alfred Hitchcock(Psycho, Rear Window)
Stanley Kubrick(2001, A Clockwork Orange)
John Waters(Desperate Living, Multiple Maniacs)
Russ Meyer(Faster Pussycat Kill! Kill!)
Coen Bros(Miller's Crossing, Barton Fink)
Jack Hill(Spider Baby, Switchblade Sisters)
George Romero(Dawn of the Dead '78, Knightriders)

This is a terrific list ! I agree with all of your choices ! Haven't seen "Spiderbaby" in years !

Rickinbriefs's photo
Tue 05/03/11 10:05 PM
Tough choice - I'll watch anything directed by the Coen Bros., Cronenberg, Lynch, Gilliam. And I'm really starting to like Christopher Nolan's films - I thought "Inception" was terrific.

Rickinbriefs's photo
Tue 05/03/11 10:00 PM
laugh SQUIDBILLIES !