Community > Posts By > J_Hyde

J_Hyde's photo
Thu 11/08/07 08:09 AM
Hi. I am a student in college writing an essay about the advantages and disadvantages of online dating. Please help me out by answering any or all of the questions listed below. I am trying to gather some stats, so any input would be greatly appreciated! Either repost with your answers or just send them to my profile's email. Thanks.

1. What is your name? (screen name is fine)

2. Where do you live? (Country and state is fine)

3. How did you find this website?

4. How many other online dating websites do you / have you subscribed to?

5. How old are you?

6. Have you been married?

7. How many children do you have?

8. What has made you decide to use online dating websites?

9. Are you pleased with the results of this or other dating websites?

10. Have you met someone special? If yes, how long did it take?

11. How do you think the ever-growing popularity of online dating services will affect relationships in the future, say 50 years from now?

12. Do you think 'traditional' dating is being phased out by computers?

13. Do you think online dating is a result of Americans' desire to pick and choose only the best, but not have enough patience or energy to get up and find it?

14. Do you think online marriages will become a reality? How about virtual sex?

15. Do you think the rising divorce rate in America is related to online dating?

16. Have you experienced a 'broken heart' from someone on line? Explain.

17. What percentage of online daters do you feel are 'real'?

18. How do you know you can trust someone you meet online?

19. Do you feel online relationships allow your significant other to easily cheat on you?

20. Myspace.com alone has over 29,000 sexual predators. Do you feel online dating leaves you open to stalkers and predators?

21. Any comments, stories, feelings?

Thanks to anyone who took the time to answer any or all of these questions. Like I said, this is for a college essay, so any input it great. Thanks!