Community > Posts By > EllaMae

no photo
Tue 05/03/11 10:20 PM
I think it's important that we are questioning this "celebration" and engaging in discussions about it.

I had mixed feelings about this killing, which included a sense of relief that Bin Laden was finally found, at least, and admiration for the way the operation went down. The actual killing part - as with any killing - leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. On the other hand I was relieved that none of the children or other innocent people (except perhaps that one woman) were killed.

I could go on but my point is that it's not that strange to have mixed feelings.

Also I am bothered when people try to characterize what an American is, or what the "American character" is - as if we all have the same personality! Not all Americans think or feel alike. How can we expect everyone in this country to think that this is "justice"? I can see where many people think it is, but even so it's important to not take such actions lightly.

Personally, I agree with Tupac, that "Only God can Judge.."

no photo
Thu 04/21/11 10:58 PM
I am always interested in movies relating to the Holocaust - I'll try to remember to look for that one ("Conspiracy".

Last night I watched "127 Hours". Wow. It was - harrowing, is the word that comes to mind!

no photo
Thu 04/21/11 10:53 PM
"We Were the Mulvaneys" by Joyce Carol Oates

no photo
Fri 04/15/11 02:07 PM
Thanks for the welcome. You people are busy in here! I didn't realize there was more than one 50 + thread...

no photo
Fri 04/15/11 01:37 PM
Thanks!! biggrin

no photo
Thu 04/14/11 04:49 PM
Edited by EllaMae on Thu 04/14/11 04:49 PM
It's nice to have a site that has a forum to chat with different people. I've been single all my life (unmarried, that is) and still hoping to find Prince Charming! OK, that's a joke. I know I read too many romance novels when I was younger and I know that everyone is human and therefore has faults. I'm very independent and feel pretty good about myself these days, but it would be nice to meet someone, or at least make some friends.

no photo
Thu 04/14/11 04:44 PM
Hello I'm new here. The moderator suggested I come here - I'm in Chicago and introduced myself in the IL thread but I guess it's not very active. Seems like all women in this one? Well anyway 'hi' and I appreciate any support or suggestions. I have tried other singles sites with no success so I'm not really hoping for much!

no photo
Wed 04/13/11 08:37 AM
Edited by EllaMae on Wed 04/13/11 08:38 AM
Hello, I just signed up yesterday. Now I don't know what to say except that it might be a nice way to talk and maybe easier to have conversations and get to know people.

I guess I'll find out. I live in Chicago and I've always been single - though I've had a few longer-term relationships (a few years), and because I'm so used to being independent and I really do like it that way. I'm also wary about getting involved, especially too quickly. Even though I would like to have someone to share life with, a 'special someone' I don't need someone to 'complete me'.

I have tried other sites but not really communicated much for various reasons ... too long to go into now. It has taken me years to feel somewhat comfortable communicating over the Internet and even now I feel like deleting this but it can't hurt to try so let me post this now.