Community > Posts By > Dew Train

Dew Train's photo
Tue 01/08/19 04:12 PM
Edited by Dew Train on Tue 01/08/19 04:15 PM

Sounds like you're talking instead of singing.

I'm a terrible singer, there's no denying that... ;) It's my guitar playing, bass playing, recording and engineering skills that are my best skills. But singing, NOT! :)

Dew Train's photo
Tue 01/08/19 04:07 PM
PLEASE. The page is LONG. The heavy metal stuff just happens to be the last stuff posted, so it's at the top of the long, long page, and there is no way to reorder the songs on the page, so the different genres of music I do tend to be toward the bottom of the page unfortunately on SoundCloud's website, since it's technically my oldest music. Maybe, if you might listen to a few different genres of songs, that might make the rating you give me more educated and informed. And, please feel free to rip my music. I don't care a bit. In fact, the negative feedback helps more that the positive feedback. :)

Dew Train's photo
Tue 01/08/19 04:00 PM

I do many genres of music. Here is a link to my SoundCloud page. LMK what you think of anything there on my page please. Thx! :) https://soundcloud.com/dewtrain

Hmmm... Based on this post and the links in your profile encouraging people to listen to your music and read your free e-books... it kind of sounds like your advertising...

OT... I listened briefly to a few songs and sorry, I didn't really care for it. Seems dark, unorganized, and choppy. Sounds like you're talking instead of singing.

To each his/her own though... I imagine there are people out there that like that kind of music.

By all means, if I've broken some rule of the website, let's just take down the post/thread completely. I believe in following rules. It's important for this 'loose' society we live in now. Any way to do that?? PLMK, and thx for the honest opinions. My page is long though, and many people never get to the nice acoustic Dido cover of White Flag that I do, about halfway down the page, they just stop at the heavy metal stuff... LMK if you made it that far or not maybe. :)
P.S. ~ Oh, and I never charge for my music, and you can see why, so is it considered advertising if I don't charge for it? PLMK. Oh yeah, and I removed those 'links' from my profile already...

:thumbsup: Best of luck to you!

I will add that it takes courage to put your work out there, so good for you!

It ain't easy, so thanks. :)

Dew Train's photo
Tue 01/08/19 03:48 PM
Edited by Dew Train on Tue 01/08/19 03:51 PM

I do many genres of music. Here is a link to my SoundCloud page. LMK what you think of anything there on my page please. Thx! :) https://soundcloud.com/dewtrain

Hmmm... Based on this post and the links in your profile encouraging people to listen to your music and read your free e-books... it kind of sounds like your advertising...

OT... I listened briefly to a few songs and sorry, I didn't really care for it. Seems dark, unorganized, and choppy. Sounds like you're talking instead of singing.

To each his/her own though... I imagine there are people out there that like that kind of music.

By all means, if I've broken some rule of the website, let's just take down the post/thread completely. I believe in following rules. It's important for this 'loose' society we live in now. Any way to do that?? PLMK, and thx for the honest opinions. My page is long though, and many people never get to the nice acoustic Dido cover of White Flag that I do, about halfway down the page, they just stop at the heavy metal stuff... LMK if you made it that far or not maybe. :)
P.S. ~ Oh, and I never charge for my music, and you can see why, so is it considered advertising if I don't charge for it? PLMK. Oh yeah, and I removed those 'links' from my profile already...

Dew Train's photo
Tue 01/08/19 03:44 PM

Internet.
No sound.
Asterisks are intended to imply emphasis.

Peace, love, and cinnamon rolls...waving

Thx! :)

Dew Train's photo
Tue 01/08/19 03:36 PM

*I* have been around music people all my adult life..I've know quiote a few fairly well-known players.

And the man before my late husband played guitar professionally...blues, jazz, funk.
My late husband played banjo..folk type like Pete Seeger as well as bluegrass..

Been in the studio a time or three...

I won't give you a specific play-by-play critique...but, it's just average at *best*...
As it came from you....it is importamnt to *you*...it's like you own child...you think it's better/ prettier/ smarter than everyone else's kid.

However, you asked for opinions...and.....it's nothing to "write home" about.

Actually, you are both right and wrong here. I don't think it's all that because I don't think it's better/ prettier/ smarter than everyone else's, because it's like my own child. I'm actually knowledgeable enough about music to to rate my music honestly. But, you are correct, it is just average. Hmm. Let's see, I'm not a signed artist, and I don't tour. Heck, I don't even play out live anymore, and I certainly don't sell albums. Songs? Sure, every so often. But not THAT often. Maybe that's because it's just average... ;) Thanks for the honesty though. :)
P.S. Is there a *thing* about the asterisked words thing? Not familiar with that one...

Dew Train's photo
Tue 01/08/19 03:28 PM

You asked so here it goes! I listen to bits from a few tracks. There was NO WAY IN HELL I could sit through an entire track of yours. Sorry. You asked.

Too funny, you actually answered the question I was the least interested in the answer to. I was actually more curious about your credentials, which I see you left none of. Link to your music? Pix of you playing live in front of people? Pix of you with rock stars? When you have some more experience in music, like I obviously do (see pix on my page) please come back and give some of it a listen again. I'd love a new opinion at that time. Thx. :)

Dew Train's photo
Tue 01/08/19 03:10 PM
Edited by Dew Train on Tue 01/08/19 03:10 PM

Your music is dull, unimaginative, and I feel as though there are five minutes of my life I'll never reclaim.

So, I went to my page to see which song you listened to. You see, none of them are 5 minutes long, and I couldn't come up with a combo of songs that added up to that length. Now I'm just curious if you really listened to anything at all... Which song was it that you listened to? PLMK. Thx. :)
P.S. ~ Dumb question for you, so I know your credentials somewhat. Are you a musician? Any links to any of your music? Would love to hear that... ;)

Dew Train's photo
Tue 01/08/19 02:47 PM
Coda rules! :)

Dew Train's photo
Tue 01/08/19 02:25 PM

Yep, you win. Argument over.

Thx! :)

Dew Train's photo
Tue 01/08/19 01:58 PM
Edited by Dew Train on Tue 01/08/19 02:00 PM

ALL of them. BTW, has anybody seen the bridge? Where's that confounded bridge??

So the music on Coda is as good as Zep 2? Really?

Some people might have that opinion, which seems then to differ with yours...

NOBODY has that opinion that I've ever met or read. Do you believe the music on Coda is as good as 2?

And how many people have you met or read up on, compared to the total number of people on the planet? Percentage? And, absolutely.

Dew Train's photo
Tue 01/08/19 01:57 PM

If you are still having issues you will need to contact support here is the link https://mingle2.com/welcome/contact_us

In order to explain to them what problems you are having..

Forum Admin
Kristi

Thx, but it's not that critical of an issue. It would just be a nice feature to add to the site, that's all. Not sure if it's a pop-server issue or what...

Dew Train's photo
Tue 01/08/19 01:37 PM
STOP POSTING!!! ;)

Dew Train's photo
Tue 01/08/19 01:22 PM

Your music is dull, unimaginative, and I feel as though there are five minutes of my life I'll never reclaim.

Sorry. "Thanks" for that "honest" and "helpful" review. ;)

Dew Train's photo
Tue 01/08/19 10:50 AM

ALL of them. BTW, has anybody seen the bridge? Where's that confounded bridge??

So the music on Coda is as good as Zep 2? Really?

Some people might have that opinion, which seems then to differ with yours...

Dew Train's photo
Tue 01/08/19 09:33 AM

The site has been lagging and having some issues this last week.. They have been working on it...

Site seems to be working better this morning might want to check it out again and see if it is working now.

Forum Admin
Kristi

Thanks. :) I'll keep checking, but things seem the same so far today.

Dew Train's photo
Tue 01/08/19 09:33 AM

I guess I'm more referring to things like mail messages. I have to keep refreshing the page to see if there is new mail or not. Thx for the response though. :)

There is a setting under your profile to alert you to any new emails.

On your profile page, look under your picture for an array of links "view profile-edit profile-edit photos-SETTINGS-logout".

Click on "settings," then "mail settings," and make sure that "Notify me by email of new messages and my latest matches at Mingle2 (recommended)" is checked.

You wont have to refresh the Mingle Site page to know you have emails, your own personal email page will alert you.

Igorfrankensteen site moderator

Unfortunately I do have this set up that way, but I do not get a new email every single time a new mail message enters my inbox. Only for certain ones/things. I did check that first though. Thx for responding. :)

Dew Train's photo
Mon 01/07/19 11:57 PM

Hey, good luck.
I frequent a few fan sites that offer writers a chance to share their works, ask fans about plot points and whatnot. Like a insider sounding board.
They are forum communities with many members being published writers and filmmakers.

One I feel is worthy of note is
http://aliensoup.com/forums/creative-writing.144/
Its primarily a speculative fiction fan site but there are plenty of authors that frequent.
Kevin, the site owner, has no problem with members that participate posting links to their creative works.

Then you have sites like PsuedoPod
http://pseudopod.org/
You can submit your work to be read online by voice actors on a podcast.
Not sure about the qualifications but if you look at the site you might find them.
Plus, it lets you hear short fiction stories by little name authors.

Then there is Fantastic Fiction
http://www.fantasticfiction.com/new-authors/?genre=sfh
Again, not sure about the submission qualifications but you might want to check that out too.

Booksie has a Horror section.
http://www.booksie.com/genre/horror
You gotta set up an account with them first but you can publish like lulu.

Thanks! I'll check them out as I'm able to. :)

Dew Train's photo
Mon 01/07/19 11:49 PM
I get looked at by tons of women from Antelope, OR. From what I can tell, Antelope has a population of 43. Just par for the course here... ;)

Dew Train's photo
Mon 01/07/19 11:22 PM
I recently started self-publishing my various writings. I have seven so far. I offer them for free as eBooks. My best one is called "The John Lennon Conspiracy." I'd love it if anybody would read any of them and let me know what you think. :) http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dewtrain

Previous 1