Community > Posts By > Digitaldiva

Digitaldiva's photo
Sun 11/18/07 02:49 AM
Edited by Digitaldiva on Sun 11/18/07 02:53 AM
Hey there, I agree with the others, follow instinct. But you have to keep this in mind , usually when you start baby food, it is recommended that you begin with cereal...it is important that you introduce one item at the time due to possible food allergies. You know she is fine with formula..use it to mix the cereal with and give it to her either during the evening meal. A lot of times a baby's diaper habits will change because they are going from an all liquid diet to something more solid and it is recommended to introduce juice as well. Because I didn't want to overload my children with unnecessary calories, I'd usually add an extra ounce of water to each bottle and dilute the juice by 1/3 to begin with. By doing this, your baby gets plenty of hydration and you aren't over feeding them. Usually 32 oz of formula a day is the norm, 6 oz of juice and then cereal. Also, if you decide to use jarred baby food, do as the other suggested, begin with fruit and introduce one thing at the time...for about a week to make sure that your baby doesn't have a food allergy. Watch for symptoms like a cough or runny nose in addition to rashes. Hope this helps and good luck to you!

Digitaldiva's photo
Fri 10/26/07 04:30 PM
I'm probably the saddest of all, turned down a concert invite to eat cereal at home.....oooolala