Community > Posts By > GuitarGuy49

GuitarGuy49's photo
Fri 02/10/12 09:00 AM
I created my account here a while back, but never visited much, so I thought (on a lonely day like today) I might come back and see what happens.

Thought I'd drop a "hello" in here to start, then off to the rest of the site.

Take care,

GG49

GuitarGuy49's photo
Sat 08/13/11 10:28 AM
Never got the "Upgrade to Pro" message from Photobucket (and I got over 1,000 pics on there I know...) (but... haven't used it in a while...times change)

What doo-dad on the Internet doesn't try to solicit you for money these days? LOL.

GuitarGuy49's photo
Sat 08/13/11 10:16 AM
Edited by GuitarGuy49 on Sat 08/13/11 10:23 AM
I might suggest... if you want to keep the use of a pic under your control...

...search for something you want using Google Images

...download the picture to your computer
1) (from Google Images page) click picture
2) on next screen click "Full-size image" lick (picture opens up in a browser window)
3) right click on picture, choose "Save picture As..." (if Internet Explorer) (if Mozilla Firefox, its "Save Image As...")
4) "Save Picture" dialog box comes up, choose where on your computer you want to save the photo...

...Then create your own free photobucket account and upload it there... the only person who can move or delete it is now YOU.. (another one out there is "Image Shack")

...if you don't want to keep the picture on your hard drive, you can delete it after uploading and saving it on your Photobucket page

The reason the pictures disappear on photobucket is because the original user can move them or delete them from their account (which when they move or delete them, it destroys the original link you might have been using)

GuitarGuy49's photo
Thu 08/11/11 03:40 AM
ps. I haven't owned a television set since 1996...........

GuitarGuy49's photo
Thu 08/11/11 03:35 AM

No Cerise, I promise not to spend 27 years losing sleep over you. LOL asleep

Forgot this one...

Exodus 34:21
Six days you shall work, but on the seventh day you shall rest: in ripening time and in harvest you shall rest.
waving

52 weeks in a year

so there would be about 52 Sundays/Sabbath days a year

times 80-years... is about 4,160 Sundays...

divide that total number of days by 365 days in a year...

>>> just following the Sabbath, God wants us to rest about 11.4 years out of that same 80 years...

That would be 14.25% rest of a life that lasted 80 years.

--------

There are about 29,200 days in 80 years. (That's 700,800 hours...)

If a person slept for 8 hours a day, every day of their life for 80 years, that person will have slept 233,600 hours in their 80 year old life.

---------

Now... My parents were some of the first folks on their block to get a television set in 1950.

According to my aunt, from the time they bought that TV until today, their ritual has been to spend at least 4 hours every day watching TV.

It is now the year 2011. Both of my parents are still alive, and they have been watching TV every day for 61 years for four or more hours a day. Now that dad is retired he watches it probably twice that much, no kidding...

61 years of TV viewing (times) 365 days a year (times a conservative) 4 hours per day...

...is 89,060 HOURS of TV viewing since 1950.

Divide that by 24 hours in a day... that comes up to about 3,711 consecutive DAYS of television watching.

Divided by 365 days in a year... both of my parents have sat in front of a TV for a little more than (conservatively speaking) 10 years in their lifetime. EACH !! (20 years total...) And that's at a conservative figure of only 4 hours a day.

The TV ACTUALLY gets switched on as soon as they get up in the mornings these days. It runs as a source of "noise" in the background even when they are not in the same room. And it doesn't go off until about 11-o'clock at night. From 6am to 11pm... that's about 17 hours a day when the TV is turned on at their house.

I think more accurately my parents have actually watched TV from around 5pm to 11pm nearly every day of their lives. Today the TV is on around 17 hours a day, and I hear my mom constantly say... "oh, I'm so sick of that commercial".... :-P

Doing all the above calculations (at 6 hours a day and not 4), they have actually BOTH spent 15.25 YEARS of their lives watching television.

Collectively, they have watched the TV for 30.5 straight years (if connected the hours back-to-back).......

I don't think it moved, did it?

GuitarGuy49's photo
Thu 08/11/11 02:53 AM
Edited by GuitarGuy49 on Thu 08/11/11 02:57 AM
I talk with him every where I go. He rides with me when I go to the store. He walks down the aisles and helps me find the best deals on groceries (sometimes amazing stuff...LOL). Sometimes stuff like... I'll only have just a few dollars. And that voice I know so well will say "go look at this or that item." I'll go check, and it has happened before where everything I went in to buy was on sale that day. And once I bought the things for a meal, it was just under what money I had in my pocket.

I sing songs to him. I tell Him how much I love Him in my songs. He sings songs to me too... have you ever heard the birds chirping in the early morning? Or the wind blowing through the willows? Have you stood and heard His voice near a waterfall? He is in all creation. He is in everything.

Sometimes I tell Him jokes, and we laugh together.

Then there was the day they told us my mom had cancer, I talked to Him about that and He let me cry on His shoulder for a while.

When my grandma died it pricked my heart, but he let me know that she was with Him now, because she followed His words here on Earth, and when she passed, she went to live with Him.

Yes, I talk to Him, but there were parts of my life when I didn't. I was pretty stubborn, and even though I could feel Him tugging at my life, as the Great Shepherd, trying to coax this lost sheep back in to the fold... I lived the Prodigal for a season, and when I came home, I could feel the rejoicing in heaven.

Can you imagine what the world would be like, if for just 24 hours, all 6 billion+ human beings on Earth did what Thessalonians 5:17 says...

"Pray without ceasing."

It would be amazing.

GuitarGuy49's photo
Thu 08/11/11 02:40 AM

Yes, god will understand.

God also understands rape and murder, but that doesn't mean we should go out and do those things. My point is just because we want to do something, and God may understand does not make it OK necessarily. The Bible even cautions to be careful of how close you get to non-believers.

1 Corinthians 7:10-16
New King James Version (NKJV)

10 Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband. 11 But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.
12 But to the rest I, not the Lord, say: If any brother has a wife who does not believe, and she is willing to live with him, let him not divorce her. 13 And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. 15 But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace. 16 For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?

This scripture does not apply at all... the very first four words state ...v10 "Now to the married..."

This woman is not married to this Muslim man.

The correct scripture for this occassion is 2nd Cor. 6:14...

GuitarGuy49's photo
Thu 08/11/11 02:35 AM
I suppose I might consider this following scripture in making your decision.

2nd Corinthians 6:14-18

v14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
v15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
v 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
v17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
v18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

GuitarGuy49's photo
Mon 08/08/11 03:18 PM
My first post, back in the mix... I thought I might stop and say "hi" to the "New Members Welcome Area"...

..."hi"...

:-)

Have a nice day.

1 3 Next