Community > Posts By > emeraldBee

emeraldBee's photo
Sun 02/20/11 03:28 PM
I haven't taken psychotropic medications personally but have studied the effects of each for classes. In a nutshell medications work for some and don't for others. For some it's a life saver, others it helps a little bit, and some people say there was no effect whatsoever.

I know a few people that have benefited greatly from anti-depressants. It might be worth trying out if you suffer from depression. Worse case scenario if it doesn't help, then just take yourself off of it. As someone else mentioned medications should not be seen as a permanent fix. Just something else to try while dealing with these issues.

emeraldBee's photo
Sun 02/20/11 03:19 PM
I'm going to Thailand in a couple of months so I can't say for sure what are must sees. I am a pretty good planner though and think these are worth checking out.

1. Bangkok obviously
2. Chiang Mai
3. If you love hiking then Khao Sok National Park
4. In terms of islands... Phi Phi Island/Phuket is where you need to go to actually see "The Beach". Also check out when the full moon party is happening. If you love to party definitely go during that party, people fly out from everywhere just to see that party supposedly.
5. If you want a deserted island Ko Lipe seems to be a good destination.
6. Also check out the ancient capital
7. If you have time try going to Siem Reap in Cambodia.

These are a few off the top of my head. Lonely Planet seems to be a good resource.

emeraldBee's photo
Sun 02/20/11 03:13 PM
Awesome bucket list ideas guys!

Mine would be:

1. Travel in most countries and spend at least 2 weeks in each.
2. Bike across a state
3. Cross country road trip!
4. Change someone's life
5. Plant a garden I am completely satisfied with
6. Climb Mt. Everest
7. Bake an apple pie from scratch!

Hehe the list continues but these few stick out in my mind right now! :)