Community > Posts By > cyrowe

cyrowe's photo
Tue 09/02/08 01:49 PM

I grew up my whole life Pentacostal, or "Holy Roller" as my friends so lovingly called me. I have since strayed from this and I have some questions that I would like some light to be shed on. I do not mean this to offend anyone, however it might...if it does, let me apologize now.

1. I was taught that God was all loving, all knowing supreme being. That's all fine and good, but it seems to me, from the Bible... Be good and do exactly what he says and don't sin...don't even think of sinning or this all loving God is going to throw me into the pit of hell. God is supposed to be like our father, if this is true, it is my OPINION that he is saying, "I love you unconditionally, now behave or I'm throwing you into the furnace... So much for love....

2. In the Bible, incest is wrong. I think its wrong anyways, but here's my question..
A. When God created this world...it was Adam And Eve. They had to populate the WHOLE world. Someone had to have been doing something.
B. Noah and the Ark. Noah and his family again were left to populate the whole planet...Now how do you think they did this?

3. If God is all knowing, which he may be. Why would he created a planet with such wicked people just to destroy it...then to rebuild it again? Didn't he see this comming?

4. It also says not to be vain, pompus, etc... Lucifer was supposedly the best Angel in Heaven and then he thought he was better than God so God kicked him out.. Maybe God didn't like the competition.

~Sorry guys I have grown up in a church and see so many hypocrites...I could tell you so many stories...
Like the time a church elder danced up front and said God cured him of smoking...only the next week he sat in his van and smoked.
Like the time I was young and stupid and got wasted and my mom took me to the pastor's house "to get the demon out," they prayed and nothing happened.
Like the time my older cousin was messed up on drugs and talking funny, my mom called our preacher to perform an excersom...
Like instead of parenting me and dealing with me like a person..God was the answer for everything.
~~~I guess I am a little cynical and a little miserable...forgive me. Don't me to church bash.

cyrowe's photo
Tue 09/02/08 01:26 PM
I wish that racism will someday come to an end
People would not be judge because of the color of their skin
I wish that we would learn to love ourselves
That would open the door to love somebody else
I wish that there was no darkness to fall upon the night
I wish we would walk in the brightness of the light
I wish we could see our true reality
The darkness blinds us with its insanity
I wish that we would not feel the separation
I wish for peace with each and every nation