Community > Posts By > looieR

looieR's photo
Fri 11/27/09 10:57 AM
A deity could be anything sacred to the beleiver. A ROCK could be a deity.

God is undefined. For example, ask yourself does "God" have a gender?
Most people will say "he" that is because THEY are under the impression that MANkind is a reflection of God (in HIS image).

How do WE know what GOD looks like?

That question alone should lead one to beleive "there is something wrong with the whole premise" of God.

Anyone who says he "knows God" or has "seen God" or anything like that is a LIAR.

That is THEIR warped ego talking.

looieR's photo
Fri 11/27/09 10:53 AM
Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens (to name several of the most prominant) are ALL intelligent enough to QUESTION the "god-speak."
Logic and evidence, facts and knowledge are elements that PROHIBIT a "wise person" from seeking an external source for a REALITY based world.

Most of the preachers are uneducated con-men, or TRULY lost in their own inflated sense of importance.

looieR's photo
Fri 11/27/09 10:50 AM
Yeah,

"God" is within the person. Kind of like the "Buddhist" perception of IMPROVING self to the point of reaching a "higher state of consciousness" (therefore closer to God-like) in thought and action.

looieR's photo
Fri 11/27/09 10:48 AM
Agnostic is NOT denying the existence of a god, it is saying, "I don't know" if God exists...but IF he/she/it/them does or do, then...I am WILLING to "see the light."

An aetheist says "that God stuff is BS and I do not believe what I cannot see evidence for."

looieR's photo
Fri 11/27/09 10:46 AM
Tell them you are an aetheist and DON'T be afraid.
An agnostic "plays it safe," because that person wants to be PC. But, believing in yourself and what you can see and feel and hear and KNOW with your senses, is the FIRST step towards "finding the truth."

looieR's photo
Fri 11/27/09 10:43 AM
huh?

I am an aetheist PURE and simple. That religious stuff is hype.