Community > Posts By > Nikolas1990

Nikolas1990's photo
Sat 08/25/18 03:31 PM
Romans 1:19-21 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honour him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

(In other words, all men know that God exists and those who say he doesn't exist suppress the truth with unrighteousness because they hate God.)

Nikolas1990's photo
Sat 08/25/18 03:27 PM
It's very simple: I believe what I believe because God's word is the source of my belief and His word is truth.

Nikolas1990's photo
Sat 08/25/18 03:22 PM
His greed knows no limits and I greatly fear for his soul.

Nikolas1990's photo
Sat 08/25/18 03:16 PM
I just want to chat about our faith and edify each other as iron sharpens iron :-)

Nikolas1990's photo
Sat 08/25/18 02:44 PM
Edited by Nikolas1990 on Sat 08/25/18 02:48 PM
Let's make a distinction here: when Jesus refers to Sheol or the grave he is talking about hell (were the rich man resided and is still residing in the story of the rich man and Lazarus.) After Jesus died on the cross he descended to into the bowels of the earth and freed the captives (those who died with faith in God) from Abraham's Boosom (paradise.) Abrahams's boosom was, at this time, on the other side of the fixed chasm which the rich man could not cross over. After Jesus freed the captives He was resurrected by God and for a short time he and the captives were seen walking around, after which Jesus was taken up into Heaven to prepare a place for us. After this, hell increased according to Isaiah 5:14, as with believers now being taken up into paradise by the Holy Spirit after death instead of descending into the bowels of the earth as they had prior to his death on the cross, there is now more space for the wicked in hell ans therefore hell increased.

Let us be clear about another thing: hell is distinct from the lake of fire which is the second death according to the scriptures. Whereas demons are currently freely to torment people in hell as the executors of God's wrath according to the scriptures, after the great white throne judgement were the wicked will be summoned from hell to be judged at the great white throne judgement, they too, along with the wicked, will all be cast into the lake or fire, were they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

In short: hell is and always has been a holding cell for the souls of the wicked were they are held until the great white throne judgement, after which they are cast into the lake of fire which is the second death.

God bless

Nikolas1990's photo
Sat 08/25/18 02:25 PM
We needn't wait for Christmas or Easter to celebrate for the Lord's mercies are new every morning and this is sufficient reason to rejoice in the Lord and be glad.

Moreover, there is little evidence in the Bible that the Lord Jesus was born on the 25th December but there is some evidence that he was born during the summer months. Does this mean we shouldn't celebrate Christmas? Not necessarily but it's important we inform ourselves of the facts and question what we're told (I cite the fact that Osiris (among other pagan deities) was also born on the 25th of December as a point of interest.)

As for Easter, although it's claimed that it's a celebration of Jesus' resurrection; the eggs and the bunnies tend to suggest that it's origin is in-fact found in pagan fertility worship.

God bless.