Community > Posts By > mrclayton

mrclayton's photo
Tue 01/18/11 05:21 PM
Welcome to you and congrats on your baptism. l too, had a hard time reading the bible, but l realized how important it is to hear what God has to say to me. It is the words of God that has changed my life. l had to read a line, then read it again, so as to not miss the point of what l had just read. Then l would read an extra line, then go back and read it all over again until l felt that l had an understanding. l also found that praying to God to help me understand and keep my focus also helped tremendously. When we read the Bible, that is God speaking to us, and when we pray, that is our way of talking to Him. Please ask Jesus to give you insight as to what He wants to say to you today as you read. l urge you to develope a habit of praying in Jesus' name, for what you need at the time to help you better understand. l will also pray for you to continue seeking His truth, God bless you as you walk with Him. Clayton

mrclayton's photo
Tue 01/18/11 10:15 AM
Your statement of rewards only come after death is simplistic at best, and totally incorrect. The rewards come in this life from having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. lf you never had a relationship with Him, then you would not understand that His love has no comparison in this world. Once you experience this, you will understand how rewarding life as a Christian is. He only wants the best for us all, and when this relationship develops, you will willingly do as He asks, knowing that it is the best for you. As for the point of homosexuality, The Christian should love the sinner, but hate the sin. As a Christian, it would not be appropriate to stand up and condone what God, the Creator of the Universe, says is wrong. This would be like standing up for a child molestor, who continually does the same thing without repentance. So therefore, as a Christian, if the homosexual acknowledges his sin, and repents, then as a Christian, we have to forgive and love them. By not condoning such behavior, it is, in effect, loving that person, whether they are a child molester, a murderer, a thief, or an adulterer. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. Sin of any kind leads to death, including homosexuality.