Community > Posts By > staciejaxx

no photo
Mon 08/06/18 10:08 PM
Well, to start off, it's hard to prove something that is unreal. You cannot exactly try to prove a negative. It's like trying to measure cold. You do not measure cold because cold doesn't really exist, you measure heat. Cold is the absence of heat.

As far as religious belief goes, you cannot exactly prove the non-existence of a deity. The only way to prove if a deity exists is that...they do have to exist or else, what do you have to work on? So far, other than texts of a couple hundred years old, we do not have a way to measure whether or not these deities exist.

Religious beliefs are oftentimes subjective and based solely on personal experience and this is technically flawed for many reasons but primarily due to human perception. You and I perceive things differently. You and I most likely would not react the same to a stimuli. If we both touched the same hot pan, you may scream or cry or I may try to put my hand in water or panic.

I would like to think that if something is factual, the experience is the same for everybody else regardless of whatever personal differences there may be. It seems to me that no deity ever exists because there are thousands of religions and some even have hundreds of gods. If there were a god or more, wouldn't you think at least one would have graced us with their presence if they truly exist? Then maybe atheism would no longer be a thing because there would be concrete, irrefutable proof that a god exists.

The universe is vast and theoretically, the universe is continuously expanding. I'd think that the probability of life outside ours is more likely than the existence of a deity.

no photo
Mon 08/06/18 09:18 PM
Yeah sure, no problem. I will do my best if you have any questions and try to help you out as much as I can.

no photo
Mon 08/06/18 07:56 PM
I hope my response is not very late.

I deviated from Windows ever since Windows 8.1 became a standard because I hated the design that makes it look like a desktop running an Android interface than running a Windows desktop. I switched over to Linux - quite a few distributions that I have tried, Kali full and light, Parrot full and home, Tails, and finally, my personal favorite, Debian Stretch Stable. My favorite Windows distribution would probably be Windows 7. It's aesthetically pleasing but the usage is probably a lot better than you can compare it to its successors.

My computer is not a beast but it holds well. I have an
Asus Vivobook Max, 1 TB HDD, 4GB RAM + 4 GB added so we have a total of 8192 MB, Core i3 processor, NVIDIA GEFORCE 9300 MX (which is useless, unfortunately, due to the manufacturer's proprietary rights and Linux's open source support), SonicMaster sound and that's basically about it. Die to Asus's rather complicated motherboard placement, I haven't really went crazy with the upgrades. I mostly just took it all to the operating system since Debian is pretty great - it serves as a kernel for most Linux distributions and is pretty secure. Highly customizable and configurable.

I did enjoy Windows 7 a lot but I think if security is important to you, you need a few tools. Windows has serious security issues especially on that version you are using. Windows 10 is far more secure given that it is a rolling release operating system - it requires constant updates for security patches and so forth, rather than Windows 7 where it is just stable and updates are only received from time to time. I highly suggest using Comodo Firewall, Avira and Avast for viruses, worms and overall defense. Windows is simply not enough and a lot of other freeware there are considerably subpar. AVG is also pretty good but the Free version of it has a lot of limitations. Comodo is the most reliable firewall I have ever tried. Avast is great for detecting trojans and other viruses where Avast detects worms and malware pretty well. Recuva is a good tool for data recovery in case of accidental corruption or wipe-out. I wouldn't want to change registry values or entries unless its absolutely necessary because mistakes can actually be detrimental.

Eventually if you are looking to upgrade your system I would definitely recommend using a Toshiba or an Asus. Toshiba has pretty great driver support. Asus works well with Windows. Not much problems from both brands in my opinion. I think the motherboard for those are pretty solid and can last for most likely up 10 years, tops. Gaming laptops are quite different and they are pretty pricey. MSI and Alienware are some of the brands I can think about when it comes to gaming PCs.

An i7 Core would be good if you want Intel but if you are going to use an AMD, I think that is pretty good too although I think AMD is a bit more problematic than Intel. I forgot the reason why but I frankly have never used an AMD-powered system myself. I think most gaming platforms use AMD because of its sturdiness and performance. i7 and i8 ( think are the latest Intel processors.

If you want to make a switch to Windows 7 to 10, a RAM of more than 8 GB would be optimal. Minimum requirement to run a Win 10 is 4 GB and that is sluggish and tends to freeze a lot so you would want to double that up.

You might want to consider an SSD at some point if you are dealing with a lot of data but I personally prefer HDDs because they are sturdier than SSDs. I think an HDD + a Cloud storage is best for data storage.

Anyway, that's my two cents in it. :)