LonnieBrighton777's photo
Tue 03/19/19 04:14 AM
Edited by LonnieBrighton777 on Tue 03/19/19 04:16 AM
This is a genuine question. Spouse is slowly warping into a typical insufferable conservative before my eyes, I saw the dark storm coming, though his justification for it is bogus. His ferverent insistance of my conversion to Christianity, always bringing up religion, yet acting persecuted when I shut him down with facts he couldnt refute, his growing love of Trump, irrational hatred of California, and his hatred of anything that I did better than he and self admitted envy of any skills I had was my first red flag. Not to mention Id be deep cleaning the house and he would just be playing video games while listening to Sargon of Akhad and constantly asking for coffee (he doesnt drink beer). Before him, I had a very strict no conservative rule, so if I gotta tuck and roll off of this crazy train, then so be it. His so called title of libertarian cant fool me. He may have been able to put a mask on to win me over, but that doesnt mean that I have to deal with this assholery for life. Are decent liberal men and women really that much of a rarity in Texas? I only want liberal men answering and for good reason.

Tue 03/12/19 11:44 AM
Wish I lived in Irving. Over here neat Fort Hood

Tue 03/12/19 11:41 AM
I wish I were in River Oaks, you're hot. XD

Tue 03/12/19 11:40 AM
Good morning. :)

Tue 03/12/19 11:38 AM
Not exactly near where you are, but sure. ;)

Tue 03/12/19 11:35 AM
Is a woman who prefers women, but slept with men before okay? XD

Mon 03/11/19 11:14 PM
Edited by LonnieBrighton777 on Mon 03/11/19 11:21 PM
I love red and I love baseball caps, and I can't even wear my favorite red cap out anymore without some people doing a double take and asking me, so yeah, screw them for ruining red caps. =.=
Yes, I may not be white, but the stigma still stands. Every minority who looks at another minority person wearing a MAGA hat sees them as THE biggest tool on the planet btw. It's kind of like seeing a minority wearing a Confederate hat. Like... wtf? Most of us see that and we do a complete 180 the other way. XD

Mon 03/11/19 08:28 PM
I've never voted Republican and I hope to the stars that I never will. U_U

Thu 09/27/18 06:25 AM
Without a doubt, Icejjfish on youtube. :V

Wed 09/26/18 05:05 AM
Peabo Bryson - If Ever You're in my arms again
Whitney Houston- If you Say My Eyes Are Beautiful.
-Basically any Celine Dion song, but especially Dion D'amour ou d'amitié

Pretty sure there are more, but they are the more pretty ones L could think up at the moment.

Wed 09/26/18 04:57 AM
Anyone just ever wanted to get together some musicians, be the best and become the next hottest thing in music? If so, what band would you like to create?

Sat 09/22/18 05:45 PM
Hahahaha, the burnt cheese again. XD
I do hate throwing out food, and I barely cook with salt unless I am making a brine for something. But if the food is too salty, I just try rinsing it or adding more of something not too flavorful.

I guess I am one of the few people who loves the brussel sprouts. Cooked in a salted Kerrygolds butter, fresh rosemary with a sprinkle of Goya seasoning and pepper (omit the minched garlic) is the best thing ever to me. I've even gotten people to eat them cooked in bacon fat and with thick cut bacon strips :p

Sat 09/22/18 05:26 PM
Lol, I'm not going to poison him. Although the year I didnt cook for him, he did sample and pick at the things on my plate that he wanted or had takeout.

Sat 09/22/18 05:19 PM
Edited by LonnieBrighton777 on Sat 09/22/18 05:24 PM
Lol, it's not like that. It's just that I've met more decent and like minded and even talented people who I become friends with in real life on meet up site vs those sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc. My husbands also pretty aware of my online activities, as we dont have secrets. I know it's weird, me on a date site, but that's just how it is. I was glad I found a culinary section on the site, and the day I wrote this was the day I had to start from square one with his picky eaterisms. Oh, and it wasnt some dire, full fledged fight or anything. Sometimes I'm curious about how other people deal with picky eaters. My favorite suggestion was making meals with burnt cheese.

Sat 09/22/18 05:13 PM
That Mexican omelette sounds wonderful. :heart:
I am the same when it comes to onion and other things like garlic and the other allium veggies. :>
I do make my own food for the most part, but then he'll be all in the other room with the "sad puppy" look. huh

Sat 09/22/18 04:55 PM
Edited by LonnieBrighton777 on Sat 09/22/18 04:57 PM
He did reveal that he was raised on microwave food and chili mac because some of his family members couldn't cook. Tragic. However, you'd think palates would mature with age. Like I've seen Freaky Eaters shows where people eat one thing prepared exactly the same way for decades. sad

Sat 09/22/18 04:50 PM
Yes, picky eaters drive me up the wall. frustrated It's just a shame someone I love and am close to has to be in the Picky Eater camp.

Sat 09/22/18 04:47 PM
Edited by LonnieBrighton777 on Sat 09/22/18 04:47 PM
I'll have to try that sometime. Though burning the cheese is like a sin to me.

XD

Thu 09/20/18 10:50 PM
Edited by LonnieBrighton777 on Thu 09/20/18 10:57 PM
Today was the day I remembered why I stopped cooking for my husband for a year.
I went shopping for quality ingredients, forgetting my situation. I made something simple: Salibury steak with fine chopped veggies and fresh herbs and grated harvarti cheese with red wine dash. I made brussel sprouts in rosemary fresh, sprinkled with parm cheese and stirfry rice. I take pride in my cooking and have been a chef for 10 years. I know my cooking doesnt suck, because not only have I won my fair share of culinary competitions, most people I know trip over themselves to get to my food and are legit pissed if they were not on time to get anything.
I stopped cooking for him, because he's insufferable when it comes to food. He also legit doesnt get how I feel, because Im not making specialized dishes and most of the food he loves is processed crap. Ill always ask him what he wants to eat, and he almost always replies with the vague answer of "food." Thanks, thats so helpful. So dont get pissed at me when you are served something from your ever growing list of "icky" foods you hate. He also hates it when I cook for other guy or girl friends.he also has the gall to complain if my food looks "better" than his food. I garnished his delivery pizza slice with a basil leaf, saying I didnt know what else to do for him. and he said I had an "attitude."

The things up to date of which he currently despises:

Any ethnic food that isnt faux Mexican or tso cchicken and rice from the chinese food place.
Wine in and outside of food
Tomatoes
Onions
Mushrooms
Cheese
Eggs
Any fresh herbs
Chocolate
Cake
Cheesecake
Peas
Homemade cookies
Homemade brownies
Salads that arent saddled with meat and ranch.
Brussel Sprouts
Spinach
Kale
Avacado
Fresh herbs
Grapes
Spices outside of salt, pepper garlic and cumin.
Lamb
Almost any nut
Wine, nut or herb sauces
Lobster
Crab
Shrimp
Scallops
Clams
Oyster
Most fish
Anything with the word "diet" on it.
Water

The only things I know for a fact that he just looooves are as follows:

Dijorno heat at home pizza burnt so that no cheese is seen.
Papa Johns large double pepperoni light very light cheese with the large breadsticks.
That damn $5 Taco Bell Box.
Burritos
Tacos
Blue box macaroni.
Chicken ramen
Subways Spicy Italian drenched in vinegar, all of the spicy veggies and southwest sauce and black olives.
Dr. Pepper
Milk
Pepperoni
Energy drinks, Venom and Monster being particular favorites
Chicken
Steak
Bacon
Biscuits
Brown Gravy from the package
The coffee with heavy cream and sugar he requests 3-4 times daily. He likes caffine so he can stay up later for hos video games.

And thats about it. You feed him anything else and he pouts, calling it not "food-food." He'll just insinuate that he has to "shut up and eat the food of the wife who is always right and begrudgingly eat it, or just thank me for "trying to make him something." And dont even get me started on when I tried introducing some vegan alternatives. He looked like I told him I was leaving the country.
It's so annoying dealing with this. Am I the only one who thinks this is odd, or am I the crazy one?