Community > Posts By > singleaussie82

singleaussie82's photo
Wed 11/17/10 06:36 PM
Well I'm new to this site, and for probably the last six or so years, I've been trying online dating sites, to meet somebody. Out at pubs and clubs never worked, and I'm reluctant to go through that again. It's a long story, which I don't really want to get into.

Anyway, I'm now 28. In a little over a year I'm going to be 30. I've never hard a girlfriend, no relationship of any kind. Not one single woman has ever been interested in me. Even the online dating scene hasn't worked out for me, and I've been on there for six long years.

Really, what type of person can't even find a partner on the freakin internet? I mean not even one measly chat message, not a single date. Yet I know people who I would have thought to have been more average looking than I, yet they've managed to find somebody on the internet, and it certainly never took them months, let alone years, to find anybody.

I'm the only one of my whole group of friends who's still single. Most are now married. I'm the only one from my Year 12 level who's single.

Is it considered not normal to be 28, a virgin and to have never been in a relationship? Is it pathetic and weird?

I honestly don't know what to do.