Community > Posts By > 280zxck

no photo
Fri 10/29/10 09:44 PM
Commodore 64: Phantasie III: The Wrath of Nikademus. The second RPG I'd ever played, and one that had some features that still haven't been copied, such as being able to lose limbs. Too bad the MS DOS version has such horrific graphics.

Honorable Mention: Times of Lore, Ghostbusters, Beam Rider

MS DOS: Probably the Bard's Tale 2: Destiny Knight. It was one of the earliest RPGs I'd ever played (the original Bard's Tale was both the first RPG, and first game, I'd ever played), the first RPG I'd beaten, and a game which I've gone back to periodically through the years.

Honorable Mentions: Wizardry 7, Might and Magic III, Might and Magic World of Xeen, Ultima 6, Civilization, The Summoning, Doom, Doom II, Wolfenstein 3D

Win95-98: Heroes of Might and Magic II. This is another classic which I go back to regularly, and one I've spent untold hours playing. Never even touched the campaign, just the single maps, and custom maps.

Honorable Mentions: Might and Magic VI, VII, HOMMI, Civilization II

Win2000-XP: Baldur's Gate. Nuff said. IMO, there still hasn't been a RPG to come close.

Honorable Mentions: Baldur's Gate II, Wizardry 8, Age of Wonders

Current PC: Eschalon Book 1. This recaptures much of the feeling of the old Ultima games, has no DRM viruses, and is all around a solid little indie RPG.

Honorable Mentions: Eschalon Book 2, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Team Fortress 2, World of Goo

Freeware: Dwarf Fortress. Play dwarf fortress. Losing is fun. ;)

Honorable Mentions: Iji, Ghostbusters remake, Warrior's Tale

NES: Mega Man 3. First game I'd ever beat, and some of the best music in video games to this day. Mega Man 2 is better, but I hold a soft spot for 3.

Honorable Mentions: Mega Man 1, 2, 4, 5, 6; Super Mario Brothers 3

Genesis/Dreamcast: Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles. I spent days literally playing this game. I can still get all 14 emeralds first try.

Honorable Mentions: Altered Beast, Sonic Adventure 1, Sonic the Hedgehog 2

SNES: Mega Man X.

Honorable Mentions: Super Mario World, Mega Man X2, X3, Mega Man 7

PS1/PS2: Gran Turismo 4. I spent 3 years in a forum-based challenge series, actually moderating at one forum for awhile. Never was the best, but I always had fun getting to the finish line. My PS2 was well worn out by the time I moved on.

Honorable Mentions: Gran Turismo 2, Mega Man X4

Gamecube: Resident Evil 4. Completely embarrassed the PS2/Xbox, looking far better on the "weaker" system. Playing far better than anything they could throw at it, too.

PS3/X360: Batman: Arkham Asylum. Never, in any game before, had I seen the essence of a character captured so perfectly. Not only Batman's essence, but the entirety of Batman's world was captured perfectly.

Honorable Mentions: Ghostbusters, Mega Man 9

Wii: Super Mario Brothers Wii

Honorable Mentions: Ghostbusters, Mega Man 9

Game Boy Advance: Mega Man Zero

Honorable Mentions: Mega Man Zero 1, 2, 3; Sonic Advance 1, 2, 3; Mega Man & Bass,

no photo
Thu 10/28/10 01:37 AM
I'm thinking I'd like to not have to get up this early to go to work. But then, I like the time I get off, so I can't really complain.

no photo
Thu 10/28/10 01:28 AM
I write either songs or stories, or just sit down and start programming something. I'm also working on restoring a car, but that's something that takes a bit more time and money, so it's not a every day thing.

no photo
Thu 10/28/10 01:21 AM
I live close to Memphis, and closer to the sign that says "The Middle of Nowhere".