longwalkalone's photo
Tue 10/29/13 11:47 PM
Rate my profile

longwalkalone's photo
Mon 11/26/12 10:16 AM
Thanks for your reply &you're so right.

longwalkalone's photo
Mon 11/26/12 09:45 AM

Should ones imperfection be the deciding factor on how well you get to know someone, or should it be a deciding factor on how society sees them as a whole?
Well I remind you no 1 is perfect. I think having a brain that can hold an adult and stimulating conversation is more important to me. I use the word imperfection because , that is what my disability is to me. So tell me how You feel about me???? I have cerebral palsy and don't see it as a disability. I'm also the mother of 2 children.
Signed :How can you deal with me???

Conversation is a critical component of any relationship, whether it be a friendship or more. If they can't engage your brain, nothing else should ever engage. In no way should your your imperfection define you. They may have defined you with a disability, but don't define yourself by it. I have Aspergers or what some call HFA. But in no way does it define me. If anything it helped me to understand me better first, and in turn deal with how others dealt with me.

longwalkalone's photo
Wed 11/07/12 07:25 PM
Thank you. Just talking has helped.

longwalkalone's photo
Wed 11/07/12 04:23 PM
Yes very big adjustment. I @ a better place in my life . My other issue is being lonely. I'm working on that. Sorry for the jerk in your life.

longwalkalone's photo
Wed 11/07/12 03:19 PM
Yes , just in my right leg.

longwalkalone's photo
Wed 11/07/12 03:01 PM
Edited by longwalkalone on Wed 11/07/12 03:21 PM
I'm existing now because I want too. For a long time I didn't because my husbands death 4 years ago. I also have. 2 children to think about .I'm in a transitional period for me!!!!

longwalkalone's photo
Wed 11/07/12 02:37 PM
We all have so much to be thankful for . I have CEREBRAL. PALSY in my right Leg.The walk is a little funny . But never the less ,I've been there too as a child. At some point you would think being ignorant would stop. But some just carry that trait.I know not all are like this .Some people may judge a book by it's cover, & some judge by the content inside. I would love to be judged from the inside .

longwalkalone's photo
Wed 11/07/12 01:25 PM
I thank everyone for responding to my topic. Sometimes the people I meet, I think they let it define me. I just want another chance @ life & the pursuit of happiness . I haven't found love but, I'm not giving up either. I've embraced my imperfection. There is so much more to me.

Thanks Everyone! I'm someone to know!!!"

longwalkalone's photo
Tue 11/06/12 12:09 AM
Should ones imperfection be the deciding factor on how well you get to know someone, or should it be a deciding factor on how society sees them as a whole?
Well I remind you no 1 is perfect. I think having a brain that can hold an adult and stimulating conversation is more important to me. I use the word imperfection because , that is what my disability is to me. So tell me how You feel about me???? I have cerebral palsy and don't see it as a disability. I'm also the mother of 2 children.
Signed :How can you deal with me???