Community > Posts By > dunrich2

dunrich2's photo
Sat 04/28/18 02:50 PM
Not quite sure how guns entered into this.

I doubt if somebody had a gun, they would not have been able to shoot the Van driver, on the very busy side walks in that area with out hitting some body innocent. I know that area well, and live close Toronto.

I am far from being anti gun. I shoot for sport my self.

But have no problems with the "present " gun laws up here. Safe Storage laws? Criminal record search ? Mental illness check? And gun safety training ? No brainer, it works. I got my restricted FAC, which allows hand guns for sport shooting or if your job requires it. Only took a month. Its not a big deal.

I was very pleased with the Police Officers reaction, and its obvious he was keeping a cool head and recognized that it was a cell phone in his hand.

I cannot recall the figures, but read once a comparison between Canadian Police and others when it comes to "de escalation " of situations. And was amazed at how little some Nations give their Officers.

And in this case, that training worked for this Officer.

dunrich2's photo
Fri 04/27/18 03:45 PM
I have never my self found a Church I agree with 100 %. But does that matter? I follow the saying, "In Essentials Unity, In Non-Essentials Liberty, In All Things Charity". Not sure who originally said that.

Many of the things early Christians disagreed on, we still argue about today. One such example can be found here , in Scripture :

Galatians 2:11-14 Amplified Bible (AMP)
Peter (Cephas) Opposed by Paul
11 Now when Cephas (Peter) came to Antioch, I opposed him face to face [about his conduct there], because he stood condemned [by his own actions]. 12 Before certain men came from James, he used to eat [his meals] with the Gentiles; but when the men [from Jerusalem] arrived, he began to withdraw and separate himself [from the Gentile believers], because he was afraid of those from the [a]circumcision. 13 The rest of the Jews joined him in this hypocrisy [ignoring their knowledge that Jewish and Gentile Christians were united, under the new covenant, into one faith], with the result that even Barnabas was carried away by their hypocrisy. 14 But when I saw that they were not being straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I told Cephas (Peter) in front of everyone, “If you, being a Jew, live [as you have been living] like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how is it that you are [now virtually] forcing the Gentiles to live like Jews [if they want to eat with you]?”

But by and large, on the essentials? I really do find that the early Church Fathers did a pretty good job on interpreting Scripture, in regards to lets say the Trinity .