Community > Posts By > Nosdarb

Nosdarb's photo
Sun 04/13/08 03:58 AM
Quiddler.

It's sort of a cross between Rummy and Scrabble. The cards all have letters on them, and rather than try to make sets or runs, you try to make words. Some letters are worth more than others. First hand is played with four cards, and you go up by one each round until someone scores however many points you want (I think the rules say 200).

If you're not a Scrabble fan, Fluxx is another excellent card game. The rules are simple: Draw a card, play a card. The cards themselves are things for you to collect, new rules and ways to win. It takes a little creativity to really get it the first few times you play, but once you get across the regular hurdles ("How do I win?" "You can't. Not until someone plays a goal.") it's a lot of fun.

Apples To Apples, LCR, Cranium, Twilight Imperium, Betrayal at the House on the Hill, Settlers of Catan, Carcassone, Filthy Rich... So many great games! Tell me what you like, and I'm sure I can think of a good game for you. (I did used to work for the Gamekeeper back before the HasBorg got us.)

-N

Nosdarb's photo
Sun 04/13/08 03:43 AM
So much Microsoft hate.

My condolances on the Red Ring, though. It's really a shame that they would ship a product with that kind of flaw. That's consoles though. I remember having to have a couple early PS2's replaced because of bad drives. I'm not sure if Sony ever offically/publicly recognized the issue, but at least they got replaced.

Good thing Sony wised up this time around. Too bad Microsoft decided to learn the hard way. Good luck with their customer service department.

-N

Nosdarb's photo
Sun 04/13/08 03:33 AM
Assuming you've checked all your connections and your volume settings, you should have a look at your parental controls. I'm pretty sure that you can set it up to block voice in the way you're describing. If you're the only account associated with the unit then you shouldn't have any trouble adjusting your own parental controls.

-N

Nosdarb's photo
Sun 04/13/08 03:08 AM
Lilting!

Is it odd that this is the first thing that the letter L brings to mind?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOKcG-B3VkA