Community > Posts By > ladybugdi

ladybugdi's photo
Thu 01/17/08 07:36 PM
You can find Love everywhere and Hope springs eternal!:heart:

ladybugdi's photo
Wed 01/02/08 03:39 PM
exxxcuse me, that website is Zaadz.com. Enjoy.

ladybugdi's photo
Wed 01/02/08 03:37 PM
Good Luck! if you want a spiritual conversation, in depth, that is, you might want to try another website; Zaady is a great one. See you there. :smile: :wink:

ladybugdi's photo
Sun 12/30/07 07:21 PM
I have enjoyed this thread so much, that what I missed yesterday I came back to check it out, it is wonderful all the things you all thought about while I was away.

Remeber "Flicka" and "Sky KIng" and "Ed Sullivan", wow, and "Old Yeller". I remember the whole family looking forward to Ed Sullivan Show.

ladybugdi's photo
Sat 12/29/07 08:48 PM
Hey, did any of you put playing cards on the spokes of your bike so they would make that clip clap sound???laugh laugh

ladybugdi's photo
Sat 12/29/07 05:44 PM
Well, this was fun. I am going off to meet a friend for a beer and listen to some music. Thanks Teri, great to play with you and nice to meet everyone, you too Summerlady! I will check back later to see what other goodies you all remember.drinker drinker drinker flowerforyou

ladybugdi's photo
Sat 12/29/07 05:38 PM
Teri, now you are really bringing back memories. Did you ever use an old word processor? I remember the first fax machines with rolls of shiny paper and it cut the paper off when done. I remember the old typewriters, that is how I learned in school and the carbon paper, how I hated to correct when using that stuff.laugh laugh laugh

ladybugdi's photo
Sat 12/29/07 05:21 PM
Summerlady: Yes, my mother would get her heart set on someting like a fancy candy dish or gravy boat, I can't remember all the stuff because there was a catalog she got and she would pick something out or see it at the store to save stamps for. So cool.happy

ladybugdi's photo
Sat 12/29/07 05:17 PM
That is wonderful to still have an attendant at the gas station, I would love that.

Does anyone remember the S&H Green stamp? My mother would save them and paste into books and then redeem them at the Stamp Center for merchandise??? Wow, that is a trip in the past.bigsmile smooched

ladybugdi's photo
Sat 12/29/07 05:06 PM
you rarely see kids playing outside like I did, outside all the time. Where I am living now they don't even have sidewalks, that is something they don't put in new subdivisions either, such a shame, maybe people would walk around the block more, eh?

I don't remember Body on Tap, but I recall VO5 and Pert; I think I saw Pert in the store once; and oh yes, every man got soap-on-a-rope at Christmas.bigsmile

ladybugdi's photo
Sat 12/29/07 04:59 PM
ha, maybe your Mom just didn't want to waste the leftover beer, eh??laugh laugh laugh

ladybugdi's photo
Sat 12/29/07 04:55 PM
beer shampoo????

ladybugdi's photo
Sat 12/29/07 04:53 PM
Another thing there are very few of anymore and that is the family favorite drive-in movie. We would go and sit on the car or in a lawn chair to watch as kids; then as teens - movie, what movie, where!!!smooched

ladybugdi's photo
Sat 12/29/07 04:45 PM
Teri!!!!!I know I wrote you earlier on this discussion, but you didn't come back, I miss you too. Thiis is a great discussion

ladybugdi's photo
Sat 12/29/07 04:43 PM
Ah yes, the milkman, how I miss him blushing

What I don't miss - and that is the door-to-door salesmen, selling anything and everything from vaccums to encyclopedias. noway

ladybugdi's photo
Sat 12/29/07 01:51 PM
Ah yes, Gas Station Attendants, never see them anymore for sure! I married one a long long time ago, although he went on to get a college education, those were the days.

You don't see kids playing outside thier homes, jumping rope or playing red rover or Riding their bikes to the candy store. I love the sound of that candy store in Romeo, sounds like a blast to the past for sure.

ladybugdi's photo
Sat 12/29/07 01:15 PM
Well, of course, there isstill an old fashion candy store in Michigan, that is were I grew up!!!! laugh

Be fashion forward and wear hats, and long coats and anything and everything that sets you apart with expression. Be happy!

We do not see people buying a whole chicken and cutting it up, we do not see buying a head of lettuce now that it comes in a bag and above all else, Green Bean Cassarole which is the simplest thing to make is now frozen already made. Come on people, buy the cans of green beans and soup and mix it yourself why don't you!!!yawn

ladybugdi's photo
Sat 12/29/07 01:01 PM
oh yes, penny candy stores, that is a good one. I have wonderful memories of an old candy store I used to ride my bicycle to that had old wooden floors that creaked and all the candy was displayed in large jars, row after row below the cash register. So cool, we would stare for what seemed like hours before making a choice. Then ride home eating bubble gum and chewing caramels. So totally awesome!@!!!drinker

ladybugdi's photo
Sat 12/29/07 12:59 PM
Tobias - you the Man! I love hats, hats, hats hats, people have no idea the great expression and character of a hat wearer. It accentuates personality - can you tell, ha ha!!! People need to wear more hats.:wink:

ladybugdi's photo
Sat 12/29/07 12:46 PM
Yo Teri: how are U? The kids look cold!
what ever happened to 2 for 1 happy hour with free food??? That was awesome to go after work and have happy hour. They don't have it anywhere around here.

Previous 1 3 4