Community > Posts By > EastBayJay1

EastBayJay1's photo
Wed 10/20/10 12:12 AM
Repping Oakland here. Tell me there's still some Bay Area folks here on Mingle?

EastBayJay1's photo
Wed 09/15/10 12:51 AM
Thanks Buttons, looking forward to learning more about Mingle! happy

EastBayJay1's photo
Wed 09/15/10 12:48 AM

i didnt find my fiance on here but i got strength and guidance to leave my abusive ex!this site can be a very supportive enviroment

Well that's a great testimonial to this site then. I have never understood how some people dole out abuse in the name of "love". It's sick and twisted, and believe me you're better off getting away from that person. How great that you found a community of people who could support you through what must have been a harrowing experience.

EastBayJay1's photo
Tue 09/14/10 10:10 PM
Thanks msmyka.

EastBayJay1's photo
Tue 09/14/10 09:59 PM
Hey, so since I'm new here, can somebody fill me in on how to go about adding friends? Is it common to send out requests to people you don't know yet, or is it better to meet through the forums?

EastBayJay1's photo
Tue 09/14/10 09:42 PM

Hi, Jay! Welcome to Mingle!

Yes, I quite agree that the best relationships evolve out of friendship, given the evolution will be permitted and both parties are seeking the same thing. What I was actually referring to was the passive, non-sexual or the no-chance-in-h*ll-this-friendship-would-turn-into-something-more kinda thing. laugh

Yep, this is a dating site and a lot of people are actively seeking out partners, but there are some of us who are just here to be with friends or make new ones. This site has and is continuing on its own level of evolution. I think it's going beyond the normal boundaries of a dating site, which is why there are a lot of regulars here, in my opinion. :smile:

Ahh, okay that makes more sense then. It sounds like this is more of a community than a lot of those other sites you see on TV which never appealed to me anyway. I like this approach better, think I'll stick around. waving

EastBayJay1's photo
Tue 09/14/10 09:38 PM

I'm just being a smarty pants. Every city has areas of "scary" and "expensive". winking

I'm just not a fan of the bay area in general. It's too cold and dreary - and wearing a bullet proof vest to a Raider game is just no fun at all! laugh (smarty comment again)

I'm a SoCal girl! Yayyy!!! smitten

Ooh, we're off to a bad start then! (KIDDING, of course!) laugh

EastBayJay1's photo
Tue 09/14/10 08:55 PM
Thanks for the kind words, all!

MelodyGirl, seeing as you're from Sac, you might not realize there's parts of Oakland that have the highest livability ratings in the nation. There are some gorgeous homes out here!

Now East or West Oakland, yeah I wouldn't advise going there alone! laugh

EastBayJay1's photo
Tue 09/14/10 08:51 PM
Interesting thoughts. As a newb here I can't add much from an experience perspective, but this is a dating site, right? Do a lot of guys just come here looking for friends?

Not intended to provoke, just offering a bit of a "devil's advocate" viewpoint. I do believe the best relationships evolve out of friendships.

EastBayJay1's photo
Tue 09/14/10 07:55 PM
Thanks for the welcome, FindMe. 31,000+ comments? Wow, looks like I have some catching up to do!

:banana:

EastBayJay1's photo
Tue 09/14/10 07:43 PM
I found this site by Googling "Bay Area singles chat", so this must be where all the lovely single ladies of the Bay are, right?

Right?

Is this thing on??

Anyway just wanted to introduce myself to the community at large. I'm Jason, I live in Oakland and I'm down to have a good time interacting with you all!

Now if someone could tell me where the bar is at and how to get to the restroom? =]