Community > Posts By > GAOwl

GAOwl's photo
Tue 11/23/10 10:51 AM
Writing a book about everything and nothing titled "The Ursine Low Woodwind Club"bigsmile

GAOwl's photo
Tue 11/23/10 10:41 AM

Hey, I'm 45 and NEVER been married either!

Why? I have yet to find a woman who I can live with more than 2 years. More often then not something else always pops up or happens or something. Besides, you don't need a piece of paper to have kids! And a piece of paper means nothing if someone doesn't honor their promises.

I am not going to get stuck living a lie. If I do manage to find the one groovy. If not the game was fuqued up anyways. Not being married by the time you are 40 probably is the smartest thing a man can do for himself. people want to put us out to pasture so damn soon. Everyone wants the newest car and the biggest TV.

If my age and not ever being married is a red flag oh well. Ask me if I care!

noway

Thank You!!!!

GAOwl's photo
Tue 11/23/10 10:41 AM

Yes Lex, I know there can be many reasons but my red flag radar is usually pretty good, that's why I asked - to see if it would be a red flag to anyone else. The opposite happened to me, the last man I dated had been married 6!!!! times. I initially agreed to see him just to find out how one man could get 6 woman to marry him! We dated for 6 months before I moved 700 miles away, never did figure it out!

My own inclination would be that multiple marriages are much more of a red flag than no marriages. Hey, I've been married once, and if I could go back in time and prevent it from ever happening, I would!

I saw something on TV about "serial marriers" once, and it was a little disturbing. These are people who have been married 8 or 10 or 15 times. I got the impression they were addicted to the whole concept of marriage, and not so much interested in their spouses. Or maybe they were trying to break the world record!

But if a guy is 47 and never married, that could mean he's just been so wrapped up in his career that he never had time for a relationship until now. Or maybe he just never found anyone he was really interested in or attracted to. (I'm a little biased because my situation is something like that.) Or he COULD be a serial killer who spent 28 years locked up and just got out!

I just don't think you can make any blanket assessments without additional information.

Very much agree here. Personally, i think it's grossly unfair to generalize that anyone over an arbitrary age that has never been married is a loser by definition.

Personally, I'd be far far more alarmed at multiple divorces than I would at never having been married. Some put off being married because they've seen a few too many horror stories among their friends or families too.

GAOwl's photo
Sat 09/11/10 10:18 PM
Edited by GAOwl on Sat 09/11/10 10:19 PM

GAOwl's photo
Sat 09/11/10 10:15 PM
Edited by GAOwl on Sat 09/11/10 10:16 PM

GAOwl's photo
Sat 09/11/10 09:57 PM

It's a great series. Camp at its best. And I love the 60's Batman movie. I wouldn't say any of the acting was wooden, especially from the great cast of actors who played the villains. They all looked like they were having a great time.

I guess I should clarify on the "wooden" part, it was Adam West's acting that was pretty wooden, but everyone else was just insanely hilarious, brilliant or all of the above.

My favorite of the regular villains were The Penguin (LOVED Burgess Meredith) and Cesar Romero as The Joker! Of the semi-regulars, King Tut played by Victor Buono was hilariously brilliant!

Yeah, but that all just added to the charm. Also love Frank Gorshin as The Riddler.

Another great touch to the show was how everything was labeled in the Batcave.

Ditto on the labeling! Also LOVED the impossible devices and gadgets like the Instant Clothes Changer when they slid down the Bat-poles, the Instant Tire repair Device on the Batmobile and best of all, the special attachment on the Bat-Computer where Batman would insert the entire Gotham City phone book into a phone-book sized slot and in 10 seconds, it told Batman where The Joker's apartment was! Bill Gates ain't got nothing on these guys rofl bigsmile

GAOwl's photo
Sat 09/11/10 09:53 PM

Any fans here of the 1960's Batman with Adam West?

How could you not love a series where:

1) A major metropolitan police force can't solve a parking ticket?

2) Hilariously bizarre villains concoct outrageous plots and leave our heroes in easily escapable deathtraps most of the time

3) The most wooden acting this side of quilted maple

4) A hilariously over-the-top narrator

5) The fight-words of course 9BIFF, ZOK, WAP etc)

Chime in----------

The Sexual Ambiguity

The Campy Attitudes

The Pantaloons who dared to call themselves criminals

The Tights the boy Wonder wore

and a car SO GAY (the Batmobile) it should have lead a Gay Pride Parade?

and all those Psychedelic colors!

That was just a fun version of Batman and not to be taken seriously.

It was fun to watch!

Ha ha Burt Ward called the tights Python Pants on the DVD Commentary because they were so tight.

Worse yet, 'ol Burt wrote an utterly worthless book called "My Life In Tights" where he just boasted about himself ad-nauseum.

GAOwl's photo
Sat 09/11/10 09:04 PM
Rap/Rap Culture, NASCAR, Oysters, Pork Rinds, Liver, Shallowness/Ignorance/Lack of Intelligence, Stupid behavior for its own sake, dogma, juvenile locker room humor, people who boast about their "conquests", players, sequels and remakes, copycatting, cult leaders, the corporate world, reality TV

GAOwl's photo
Sat 09/11/10 08:14 AM

Half the point of exercise is to get your feet moving. If it is fun exercise it is better!

Dancing also gets you a lot closer to women!

That is such a plus in my book!:banana:

Definitely, it's known fact that most women like a guy who can dance or at least has the intestinal fortitude to try.

GAOwl's photo
Fri 09/10/10 11:33 AM

i only liked the episodes where batman is running around with a bomb...

notice how the women just keep walking, like it's everyday when a man in a batsuit is running around with a bomb....

That was in the Batman movie, made after the first season with the TV show cast, my FAVORITE scene in the movie, along with that hilarious fight on the Penguin's submarine.

GAOwl's photo
Fri 09/10/10 11:30 AM
Not sure where exactly to place this post, I thought this would be the closest.

Over the months, I've been getting thinner, thanks to changing my eating habits, taking vitamins and supplements, but best of all, indulging my jones for Ballroom Swing and Latin/Salsa dancing like never before.

For me, it's THE BEST full tilt exercise and a hell of a lot more fun and prettier than going to the gym bigsmile laugh glasses

So, any dancers out there, chime in with your thoughts, experiences, favorites and more-----

GAOwl's photo
Fri 09/10/10 11:04 AM

It's a great series. Camp at its best. And I love the 60's Batman movie. I wouldn't say any of the acting was wooden, especially from the great cast of actors who played the villains. They all looked like they were having a great time.

I guess I should clarify on the "wooden" part, it was Adam West's acting that was pretty wooden, but everyone else was just insanely hilarious, brilliant or all of the above.

My favorite of the regular villains were The Penguin (LOVED Burgess Meredith) and Cesar Romero as The Joker! Of the semi-regulars, King Tut played by Victor Buono was hilariously brilliant!

GAOwl's photo
Fri 09/10/10 10:32 AM
Big City Blues - Gerry Mulligan

GAOwl's photo
Fri 09/10/10 10:22 AM
Any fans here of the 1960's Batman with Adam West?

How could you not love a series where:

1) A major metropolitan police force can't solve a parking ticket?

2) Hilariously bizarre villains concoct outrageous plots and leave our heroes in easily escapable deathtraps most of the time

3) The most wooden acting this side of quilted maple

4) A hilariously over-the-top narrator

5) The fight-words of course 9BIFF, ZOK, WAP etc)

Chime in----------

GAOwl's photo
Fri 09/10/10 10:16 AM
Edited by GAOwl on Fri 09/10/10 10:17 AM
Thanks everyone, and yes, it's a real owl perched on my arm.

GAOwl's photo
Fri 09/10/10 10:07 AM
This owlish one swoops in to say hello, just joined.