JonathanSepharad's photo
Fri 02/02/18 01:25 AM
I just signed up and find there is very little that is Jewish about Mingle 2. There is not one Jewish woman, aged 45-59 within 500 miles of Portugal. When I filter for Jewish women I get zero. I am afraid Mingle2 is a bust if you are trying to meet a Jewess.

JonathanSepharad's photo
Fri 02/02/18 01:11 AM
Why not marriage?

It inmeshes government and law into my personal life.
It takes away control of my personal rights, behaviors and resources.
It codifies legal and economic disadvantages to myself. Some of them severe and very one-sided.

After 13 years of working in family law, the notion that the tables are either fair OR equal, is either silly or disingenuous. Divorce is an unfortunate reality. The financial, emotional and legal damage as a result is easily avoided. Why would a man OR a woman put themselves willingly into that position, unless they feel they will benefit?

One poster noted why buy the pig when you can get the sausage for free? Well, I am not shopping for a pig or any other consumable product. I am looking for a decent, pleasant intelligent woman with whom to spend my time, share thoughts and experiences and have intimacy with.

If the "fee" for "admission" is Marriage, then I don't need it. I am not buying a pig. I am sharing myself with someone else. The very thought that someone perceives relationships only in terms of an exchange of contractual rights, shoots up red flares, to me.

Thats why not.