Community > Posts By > Cavalina

Cavalina's photo
Tue 08/10/10 07:26 PM
Edited by Cavalina on Tue 08/10/10 07:29 PM
Thanks for all the information..stops me from doing this...frustrated makes my :heart: feel wanted...biggrin now I can have fun...:banana:

Now here is the biggie...noway ....I am female looking for a male...smitten ...have a great day everyone...

Cavalina's photo
Tue 08/10/10 07:24 PM

The following information is intended to help new users find their way around. We don't cover every aspect of the site here, but we do touch upon some important ones. Be sure to read the 'Other Tips' section at the bottom of this post, too.

All new sites can be intimidating, but Mingle2 is fairly easy to navigate. In the header (at the top of the page), there are several options for you to click. We'll go from the right to the left:

First, let's take a look at the Community tab. When you click it, you are taken to the page where the various forums are listed. From there, just click on a forum name which intrigues you. Once inside the forum, do the same when you see a topic title which seems interesting. The rules for the Community and any forum-specific rules can be found near the top of any forum, so be sure to peruse those rules first.

Next, let's examine the Search tab. Upon clicking it, you are given a number of search options. These are fairly straightforward, but you'll want to keep in mind that the 'Advanced Search' does not become the default option after using it. Instead, you have to click the 'Find Matches' button at the bottom of the 'Advanced Search' page each time you search, in order for your chosen criteria to be used. It's also worth noting that you won't see your own account in a Search, unless you are using the 'Search by Username' option or possibly the 'Who's Online' search.

This brings us to the Mail tab. As you might imagine, this is where you read and reply to emails. The 'Inbox' section is where you find any incoming emails. In the 'Inbox' folder, a check mark to the right of the email indicates that you have responded to it. The 'Sent' folder is where you can see the emails that you have mailed to others. In the 'Sent' section, a check mark to the right indicates that the email has been opened by the recipient. It's important to keep in mind that any email is only kept in the system for 30 days. After that, it is automatically purged.

Lastly, we come to the My Account tab. Clicking this tab takes you to your Mingle2 home page, more or less. This page is where you want to go in order to view your profile, edit your profile, and change various settings. Generally speaking, this is the area where you manage your account.

Other Tips
Now, for a few additional pointers:

Be sure to click 'My Account' and then 'Profile' before getting too far along. The reasoning behind this is to make sure your location, gender, and age are accurate. You may have to go through the editing process twice to get your location correct, as there is a Mingle2 bug which prevents states outside of the U.S. from showing up the first time through.

If you decide to utilize this community, please give yourself time to get acclimated to the forums. There are many regulars here, and the camaraderie between them can often be misinterpreted.

Finally, here are a couple of advice topics from regulars which you may find helpful:
http://mingle2.com/topic/show/257228
http://mingle2.com/topic/show/270742

We hope this guide proves useful during your Mingle2 experience. If you're at all curious about the forums, don't hesitate to join in. Have fun with the site and, once again, welcome!