Community > Posts By > Fire_Jude

Fire_Jude's photo
Thu 08/26/10 09:43 AM
I purchased a couple ivy plants, let them grow, then transplanted them - One made it, the other didn't. I also purchased some ivy cuttings specifically for transplanting off ebay. None of those made it, though they were in good condition when I recieved them. I mix plain potting soil, a lil peat moss, and perlite and miracle grow. I used transplanting hormone and cut the leaves in half as I was instructed and those all died. I recently transplanted a pot-bound ivy and it's not looking very good. I don't know if I used too much perlite or what.

Any suggestions for keeping these buggers alive? The ones that have survived are flourishing!

Fire_Jude's photo
Thu 08/26/10 09:24 AM
I think age gaps depend on how old the partners are. For example, an 18 yr old with a partner of 8 yrs their junior OR senior wouldn't be a good idea (and certainly illegal in the case of an underage partner). However a 30-some or 60-some yr old wouldn't necessarily have a problem with someone being 8 yrs apart. I personally find myself frequently attracted to women older than me such as 8 yrs and find the situation difficult as I feel like they'll view my attraction as a childish crush since I'm only 22. However maturity rates differ for every person (though there are averages for gender) as you have experienced with most of your friends being a decade younger. If this is the age group you feel most connected to then it's natural to date someone within that group. I'd say so long as you're both legal ;) and care for each other, go for it! There will ALWAYS be people who disagree with your decisions but don't let them get to you. Make your own choice, stand by it, and enjoy the results/consequences!