no photo
Fri 02/01/08 08:47 PM
I would change that picture, because it looks like you are going to a wedding

no photo
Fri 02/01/08 08:31 PM
sounds kinda neat...

no photo
Fri 02/01/08 08:24 PM
I will be gone, from this forum, without responding to your insulting remarks, and just because you put a disclaimer doesn't make it okay.

no photo
Fri 02/01/08 08:21 PM
ADULT ROOM MY ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no photo
Fri 02/01/08 08:20 PM
hey the rules are no INSULTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no photo
Fri 02/01/08 08:17 PM
I just find it sick to insult people, if you can't say something half decent or honest, shut the **** up!

no photo
Fri 02/01/08 08:15 PM
or she could have run over him (twice) like that dentists wife thing

no photo
Fri 02/01/08 08:14 PM
It is just sick that you guys find this appealing, sickos

no photo
Fri 02/01/08 08:10 PM

but my looks have nothing to do with it

then don't complain 'bout no one elses

no photo
Fri 02/01/08 07:50 PM
your just jealous

no photo
Fri 02/01/08 07:48 PM
I find all you guys rather too insulting, bye.

no photo
Fri 02/01/08 07:47 PM
The questions poses where did "god" evolve from? This would suggest that he came from something and so that would mean that he may have been the first "human" (?)but not the first "thing".

The whole thing really does not make a lot of sense when you start putting science into the equation.

no photo
Mon 01/28/08 08:51 PM
It's like a piece that you don't want to waste, that you can put to good use.

no photo
Mon 01/28/08 08:46 PM
which one are you?

no photo
Mon 01/28/08 08:45 PM

I know some guys who know some guys that can fix the problem....call it, a favor.

lol

no photo
Mon 01/28/08 08:43 PM
well...

no photo
Mon 01/28/08 08:42 PM

In that respect you would be having a discussion not a debate, at least that's is how I would interpret it. I do like discussions about things, because then you see other people's ideas and beliefs.

yah, i guess your right in the sense that it would be more of a discussion than a debate, but I think that a lot of discussions, form into a debate. Ones opinion could form a debate depending on the structure of their opinion.

Anyways, back to beliefs...a belief is as much as a strong felt desire than a strong impression. Everyone is entitled.

no photo
Mon 01/28/08 08:18 PM
Marriage, what is that now?

no photo
Mon 01/28/08 08:17 PM

TO SkepticalBrian:

IMHO, the debates/discussions aren't geared towards converting/deconverting anyone. No, I think the debates/discussions are meant for the "fence sitters", or the people who may not have really thought about the logical, moral or ethical consequences of the various truth-claims out there. While some individuals will only seek out information that confirms their beliefs, and persevere with those beliefs regardless, I'd like to believe that some people will read these posts to better understand the viewpoints of theists and non-theists. Perhaps they'll become a little more critically minded in the process. To me, that's what makes this all worthwhile. happy

perhaps it is i that is wrong and perceived a forum to be somewhat "debatable" in the sense that everyone has their own opinion and beliefs

no photo
Mon 01/28/08 06:35 PM

generally what I've found is that every religious debate eventually deteriorates to the same issues, same arguments, same topics, dead horses are beaten, everyone leaves a little pissed off and nothing is resolved.

Reluctantly, I have come to the same conclusion.

And the sad part is that we have quite a few here, on all different sides of the issue, who are truly interested in intelligent discussion and an exchange of ideas.

But there are a few who simply will not allow this to happen -- they insist on name-calling, on proselytizing, on jamming their beliefs down everyone's throats, while boo-hooing and claiming they're being "attacked" if someone has the audacity to disagree with them on the most minuscule point.

It's hard to have an actual discussion with someone who (apparently) is conviced they KNOW EVERYTHING and are ALWAYS RIGHT, and who has no qualms about creating their own "facts,"
out of nowhere, should the (perceived) need arise.

The name of the forum is "Religion Chat." If we could just get back to that, instead of "Everybody Has To Believe Everything I Say And No One Is Allowed To Disagree With Me" Chat, maybe we could have some interesting DISCUSSION here....

hey, to not believe is a belief, really... well what's the debate if there is nothing to debate about?

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25