Community > Posts By > tongueartist1

tongueartist1's photo
Wed 07/21/10 03:17 AM

The majority of Obamas bills have never been tried before.It is a bad idea to label them as successful since we don't know the outcome yet.His stimulus bills have been a disaster along with his public relations to other countries.Give it some time and we will see what will happens.

One thing I will give Obama good credit for is spending this county into oblivion,dividing this country,and turning a deaf ear to the people of this nation.

one might point out, that given a multi-million dollar surplus, the republican administration, in 8 years turned it into the biggest deficit this country had seen to that point. a fact that Obama opponents seem all too eager to forget.

That is point well taken and I was just as vocal against Bush and his spending.However I felt with Bush that although he was spending a lot we seemed to be heading forward with a direction and a purpose.I also felt like Bush and his spending was for the good of the people and our country.I do not feel that way with Obama.I feel with the huge spending that Obama has done(which has already out spent Bush's 8 years)has gone to nothing.I can't think of a single think Obama has done to make my life easier or better.At least with Bush I recieved two checks for $600.00 a piece and many tax breaks.

Moving forward? that's because they had the wool pulled so far over some people's heads, it kept the light out.

Let’s look at it this way, when he took office our economy was thriving; when he left it was near collapse.

The auto industry was failing, the housing market was in the worst shape it had ever been in. The banking and financial institutions were on the verge of an all time melt down. The airline industry was failing, retailers were experiencing lows not seen in 30 years. Unemployment had skyrocketed; homelessness was seen in numbers far beyond anything we have ever seen in this country. Pay rates for middle class workers were growing at about half the rate of inflation, while the whole time corporate taxes were being cut and cut again.

We saw the largest numbers of illegal aliens crossing our southern borders that we have ever experienced. We started a war (with the wrong country) after being lied to by an entire administration. (fake threat, fake wmd’s, fake intel)

In the first quarter of 2007 the top 5 oil companies reported profits totaling $468 billion. that number only grew for the rest of the year. yet in 2008 Bush passed a bill that gave these same companies $28 million in subsidies (on top of the subsidies they already receive) and also lowered their taxes for them...nice of him, no?

During this same administration the average ceo's wages grew to around 300 times that of an entry level worker. The average government salary stood at about $70,000 while workers in the same fields, but in the private sector earned slightly more than $40,000
http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/news/20091211/1afedpay11_st.art.htm

"The highest-paid federal employees are doing best of all on salary increases. Defense Department civilian employees earning $150,000 or more increased from 1,868 in December 2007 to 10,100 in June 2009, the most recent figure available.

When the recession started, the Transportation Department had only one person earning a salary of $170,000 or more. Eighteen months later, 1,690 employees had salaries above $170,000."
Now maybe you can help me here….what part of this illustrious past is it that you would like to return to? ….is it the part where a political party in the United States Of America picked as its leader a man whose father bought him a diploma from Yale? Or the part where this same individual pretended to serve his country (that is, when he saw fit to show up) by signing up for the National Guard.

Unless you are an oil company executive, a defense contractor, the ceo of any energy supply corporation or one of the few entities that get no bid contracts to rebuild **** that we blow-up, I fail to see how you or this country were better off……but please feel free to enlighten me, because i am sure that check for $600.00 is just about used up by now...

you talk about profit of oil companies, when was the last time you got a job from a poor person

tongueartist1's photo
Sat 07/17/10 03:51 AM

I just thought this was interesting if it's true. So no, before you ask, I don't know where this guy got his data from, it's just an interesting read.

"The planned three-day stay, during which the president is being joined by family and former and current aides, will bring his total time spent at Camp David to all or part of 487 days.

Yes, that's 487 days. And Camp David is not even where the president has spent the most time when not at the White House: Knoller reports that Mr. Bush has made 77 visits to his ranch in Crawford during his presidency, and spent all or part of 490 days there. "

So, this is at least 977 days or 2.67 years out of 8 that Bush spent on vacation and you didn't complain about that.

Number of days Obama has spent on vacation since swearing into office, 45. Now for bush that works out to 122.125 days per year in office. Bush 122.5 days per year, Obama 45 days in approx 1 1/2 years. Who spent more time vacationing on the taxpayer's dime?"

Well you know it is much easier to tear down a country than build it back up. Bush had it easy, send us to war with a couple of countries that had nothing to do with 9/11, but have lots of oil. Sit back while all your rich supporters and cronies rape the country financially and make sure they make theirs.

etc...

and now Obama has to try to make up for it all. Taking the blame for it all. He really does care about this country.
lets not forget the democrats held majorites in both houses of congress so anything bush did had to go through them

tongueartist1's photo
Thu 07/08/10 07:09 AM
if it was the klan standing in front of a polling place with billy clubs. would holder have the same opinion? i think not, they would be charged with a hate crime and go to jail

tongueartist1's photo
Tue 07/06/10 09:41 PM

Do people really believe that our soldiers are just a bunch of murder's who enjoy killing?

Nope, that's not the case sorry, can't agree.

And unless you are faced with looking down a barrel of a gun, and it's your life or theirs shut up.

Police offers kill people as well, they are protecting themselves or others

It's the same thing, and one was an RPG and if your in a helo your life is in danger, but I'm glad you have the right to complain here in this country publicly it's one of your freedoms, try that in another in a few other countries....i'm sure it will be well-received..

Some do enjoy murdering, but for the most part they are tools of murderous politicians. frustrated The good ones (like members of Veterans Against The War) choose not to fight.

Cops are another subject entirely-but they too are illegitimate thugs as well. rant frustrated
when u put yourself in harms way heavenly. i will take what you say as truth. because until you have been there you do not know what it feels like to be in their shoes

So I have to be a thug in uniform to have an opinion? Talk about an appeal to authority fallacy! slaphead

Do you realize that thousands of veterans share my opinion? (Iraq Veterans against the War-http://www.ivaw.org/ Veterans Against The War-http://veteransagainstthewar.com/wordpress/)

As long as soldiers are paid by taxpayer dollars, dissent is not only legitimate-it is necessary!
well as a desert storm veteran i have been in their shoes and no it is not as easy to kill another humanbeing as you think.but when it is your life or theirs you have to choose talk to anyone that has beeen there

tongueartist1's photo
Tue 07/06/10 09:19 PM

Do people really believe that our soldiers are just a bunch of murder's who enjoy killing?

Nope, that's not the case sorry, can't agree.

And unless you are faced with looking down a barrel of a gun, and it's your life or theirs shut up.

Police offers kill people as well, they are protecting themselves or others

It's the same thing, and one was an RPG and if your in a helo your life is in danger, but I'm glad you have the right to complain here in this country publicly it's one of your freedoms, try that in another in a few other countries....i'm sure it will be well-received..

Some do enjoy murdering, but for the most part they are tools of murderous politicians. frustrated The good ones (like members of Veterans Against The War) choose not to fight.

Cops are another subject entirely-but they too are illegitimate thugs as well. rant frustrated
when u put yourself in harms way heavenly. i will take what you say as truth. because until you have been there you do not know what it feels like to be in their shoes

tongueartist1's photo
Fri 07/02/10 03:02 PM
people that support gun bans are living in wonderland. gun bans only take guns from law abiding people. it also pushes the black market underground

tongueartist1's photo
Fri 07/02/10 03:00 PM
people that support gun bans are living in wonderland. gun bans only take guns from law abiding people. it also pushes the black market underground

tongueartist1's photo
Thu 07/01/10 11:52 AM

I personally don't see where Jesus ever even claimed to be the son of God. When I read the Christian Bible it appears to me that a bunch of people are attempting to make a case for that, but nothing they actually attribute to Jesus indicates that he ever made this claim himself.

according to the belief everyone is the sons and daughters of God, the only human that can be equated to be the true son would be Adam because Adam was the first human created in God's image by God himself and not born from woman and was the only human born without sin ..Jesus was born from woman from a bloodline of sinners
the first line in the bible gen 1:1 and god created...... but if you read it in the orginial hebrew it actually says alehtav. in romans jesus says he ie the alpha and omega, the begining and the end. aplha is the first greek letter in the alphabet and omega is the last. hebrew aleh is the first and tav is the last. in original hebrew gen 1:1 reads in the begining, god, jesus created

sorry it is not romans it rev 1:11, the jews don,t interpert alehtav because they do not know what it means.

tongueartist1's photo
Thu 07/01/10 11:37 AM

I personally don't see where Jesus ever even claimed to be the son of God. When I read the Christian Bible it appears to me that a bunch of people are attempting to make a case for that, but nothing they actually attribute to Jesus indicates that he ever made this claim himself.

according to the belief everyone is the sons and daughters of God, the only human that can be equated to be the true son would be Adam because Adam was the first human created in God's image by God himself and not born from woman and was the only human born without sin ..Jesus was born from woman from a bloodline of sinners
the first line in the bible gen 1:1 and god created...... but if you read it in the orginial hebrew it actually says alehtav. in romans jesus says he ie the alpha and omega, the begining and the end. aplha is the first greek letter in the alphabet and omega is the last. hebrew aleh is the first and tav is the last. in original hebrew gen 1:1 reads in the begining, god, jesus created

tongueartist1's photo
Thu 07/01/10 10:51 AM
if the us is such a bad place why are people flocking over here and if you think it is so bad pack your bags and leave

tongueartist1's photo
Wed 06/30/10 08:35 AM

No you're not forced. No one can ever FORCE you to anything. nottice "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life"

perhaps my point can be better understood by asking this one question...do Christians have the "Free Will" to get into Heaven by any other means besides Jesus?

Heaven isn't an action and or something you can do or place you can go to in that sence. Heaven is a reward for how we lived our lives.

Your children have free will to listen or not listen to the parents. Do the parents reward the child when the didn't obey the parents?

Jesus may be the only way for a Christian to get to Heaven and this is why Christians have no "Free Will" .....for those that choose not to be Christian God has provided other ways for them to enter Heaven

There is but one God, one heaven, and one way.

do God not go by many names

We do not know of God's name. There is no reference of it. Jesus only referred to God as Father.

there is reference to it...those before Jesus refer to god as yahweh, others called God Allah and so on...and God has provided them and others a way to Heaven without Jesus ...Jesus is the christian's way but God is the only way
what ever religon you are as long as you accept jesus as the son of god you can enter into heaven

tongueartist1's photo
Wed 06/30/10 07:23 AM

No you're not forced. No one can ever FORCE you to anything. nottice "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life"

perhaps my point can be better understood by asking this one question...do Christians have the "Free Will" to get into Heaven by any other means besides Jesus?

Heaven isn't an action and or something you can do or place you can go to in that sence. Heaven is a reward for how we lived our lives.

Your children have free will to listen or not listen to the parents. Do the parents reward the child when the didn't obey the parents?
it is by the grace of god we can enter heaven. accepting jesus is the only way to receive that grace.

tongueartist1's photo
Tue 06/29/10 07:26 AM

No matter the mistakes, death is always worth some respect.

May he rest in peace.

Wow, and you falsy accuse several members of being a racist when you can't even recognize an admitted one, who was a leading member of the KKK. Interesting.

He was a Democrat what did you expect?The faster we get these old fart liberals out of Congress the better.No loss as far as I am concerned.
this is exactly the reason that we need term limits 40 years of a racist and bigot d

tongueartist1's photo
Thu 06/24/10 01:41 PM

They could cover the entire Western desert in wind turbines and solar panels and it would STILL provide less than HALF of the power needed to run this country.

That is not correct.

On February 11, 2010, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory released the first comprehensive update of the wind energy potential by state since 1993, showing that the contiguous United States had potential to install 10,458,945 MW of onshore wind power.[17][18] The capacity could generate 37,000,000 gigawatt-hours (GWh) annually, an amount nine times larger than current total U.S. electricity consumption.[19] This amount is also larger than the total U.S. primary energy consumption of 29 PWh in 2005.

Wind Power by State:

Most new wind power capacity is being built in the Great Plains region of the United States, which has a favorable combination of characteristics: ample wind resources, an extensive rail and highway network for shipping outsized turbine components, flat topography which both improves the wind and makes turbine components easier to ship, and broad acceptance from local farmers and ranchers. New development in some locations, however, is being limited by lack of additional capacity to transmit power to locations where it can be used.[23] Other areas seeing wind development include the Pacific Northwest, the Upper Midwest, and the Northeast. The table below shows wind potential and installed capacity along with existing construction (through June 27, 2009).

Kansas has high potential capacity for wind power, second behind Texas. The most recent estimates are that Kansas has a potential for 950 GW of wind power capacity yet has only about 1,000 MW installed. Kansas could generate 3,900 TW·h of electricity each year which represents nearly all the electricity generated from coal, natural gas and nuclear combined in the United States in 2008.[24] This electricity could be worth $340 billion per year (at 9.35 cents per kW·h[25]).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_power_in_the_United_States#cite_note-16

Of course, this is only for energy consumption, but oil will be still needed to produce plastic and we still don't have a reliable alternative fuel for vehicles.
this may bre true,but getting it from the wm to the user cost twice as much

tongueartist1's photo
Thu 06/24/10 01:27 PM

Considering that racists want everyone to believe that racism doesn't exist, it makes it pretty hard to believe them.

The reason the bill promotes racism is that it states that an illegal alien can be identified on sight. "suspicion of being illegal"

How do you identify an illegal alien on sight?

Can it be done without being biased or prejudice to one type of people?

That is racism or prejudice or discrimination, whatever you want to call it, it is illegal and wrong.
factualy most illegals are of mexican decent. so does it not seem logical that is who should be asked. have u ever been to mexico. there illegal immigrants are treated ten times harsher then that.

In Az., as with all other states that have enacted tough stances on Illegals, any Illegal from any country will face deportation.

The laws don't specify just Mexicans.

Any person with half a clue or who can read, can see that.slaphead rofl

It's only the Illegal Mexicans and those who support them who are whining about it.laugh laugh

So if the law states you can stop a person based on the "suspicion of them being illegal" on sight. How do you do that since some illegals are white and some are black? How can you suspect an illegal is an illegal on sight?
well let take your view in another criminal action. a white male with red hair is caught on camera robing a bank, is it racist to question all red haired men in the area

tongueartist1's photo
Thu 06/24/10 11:44 AM

Considering that racists want everyone to believe that racism doesn't exist, it makes it pretty hard to believe them.

The reason the bill promotes racism is that it states that an illegal alien can be identified on sight. "suspicion of being illegal"

How do you identify an illegal alien on sight?

Can it be done without being biased or prejudice to one type of people?

That is racism or prejudice or discrimination, whatever you want to call it, it is illegal and wrong.
factualy most illegals are of mexican decent. so does it not seem logical that is who should be asked. have u ever been to mexico. there illegal immigrants are treated ten times harsher then that.

tongueartist1's photo
Thu 06/24/10 11:15 AM

racism is real, racist people are real and racist use of authority also is real,,,,

but it is a task to seperate genuine actions from racist ones
it does exist and will always exist this isa one of the reasons for the conflicts in the mid east. but it is not as prominate asa some would have you believe. most of it comes form individuals and not groups
it is the boy crying wolf syndrome say enough and it will be taken lightly using as acrutch does nothing for the country or the person.

tongueartist1's photo
Thu 06/24/10 11:08 AM

racism is real, racist people are real and racist use of authority also is real,,,,

but it is a task to seperate genuine actions from racist ones
it does exist and will always exist this isa one of the reasons for the conflicts in the mid east. but it is not as prominate asa some would have you believe. most of it comes form individuals and not groups

tongueartist1's photo
Thu 06/24/10 10:49 AM
people use racism as a scape goat for not taking responsibility for theie own actions

tongueartist1's photo
Thu 06/24/10 10:39 AM

so is it racism when a police officers pull me over and ask for insurance paper and drivers liscence.

no, but the bill goes a bit deeper than that, it might be a bit more suspect if they asked your PASSENGERS for such identification(being that they are not driving the car)

I doubt people would oppose continuing to ask for insurance paper and drivers license from drivers pulled over for an actual DRIVING violation.
a police officer can ask for identification from any persons in the vehicle

Previous 1